Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An ES "How To": How to Embed a Youtube Video in the Your Post/Thread

CRobi21

So you're browsing youtube and you find a funny video, or a cool Redskins video and you wanna post it. Here's what you look for:

Under the video on the youtube page, you will see a little box that says <Embed>:

embed1A.png

When you click that a little box will appear with a whole bunch of code that will be higlighted in dark gray. You're gonna wanna copy that whole code by right clicking on it which will drop a little menu down where you will be able to find the "Copy" feature.

Now you bring up your ES post and you go to the "Go Advanced" at the bottom of a thread. You will be brought to another page where there is a bigger box to type in, and a whole bunch of smileys off to the right you can put in your post.

Above those smileys you will see a little Youtube icon Youtube-icon.jpg. When you click on it, you will see pop up in your typing area, it will look something like this:

[***YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE***]

Right click inside those two and paste your Youtube <Embed> code that you copied before, and your post will look something like this:

[***YOUTUBE]BIG GIANT MESS OF YOUTUBE CODE[/YOUTUBE***]

(Of course the three *'s will not be in your Youtube tags when you click the button. But I wanted you to be able to see what your post would look like. So ignore the *'s.)

To be sure you have done this correctly before posting on the forum, you can hit the "Preview Post" right next to the "Submit Reply" button; if you're putting it in your thread, the "Submit New Thread" button. Your youtube video should pop up in the space. Then you can submit post or thread and it will look all fancy and what not.

It kinda sounds like it's a hard thing to do, but it isn't. Once you know what you're doing you will be able to embed your youtube video in just a few moments.

Hope this helps!

Since we have this here right now. From the thread I linked to.

Sample usage :

If the URL of the youtube video is :

The video ID is : 2VaL8kgoI8Y

And to embed the video in your post, you need to enter the YouTube tags around the video ID:

Code:

[uTUBE]2VaL8kgoI8Y[/uTUBE]

Since we have this here right now. From the thread I linked to.

Perhaps that is part of the problem. The example that is given in that thread shows the codes as [uTUBE][/uTUBE], which is incorrect.

The correct codes are [ YOUTUBE][ /YOUTUBE] (i.e., inclusive of the YO in YOUTUBE).

Maybe the example should be corrected. :)

So it's official, this will be my last thread ever on ES.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enSYlCEz5VI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enSYlCEz5VI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

What I'd like is someone to explain how to post a screenshot. Seriously

That's a little tricky because to do it right, you need some kind of graphic editing software. But the gist of it is, you do <control Prt Scrn>. Then open Paint. Do Edit Paste. The screen image should appear. Save As.

Edit it with a decent graphic editor to frame it to make it look right.

Post the normal way.

Perhaps that is part of the problem. The example that is given in that thread shows the codes as [uTUBE][/uTUBE], which is incorrect.

The correct codes are [ YOUTUBE][ /YOUTUBE] (i.e., inclusive of the YO in YOUTUBE).

Hmmm. Could be a problem right there.

Just as you went

[ YOUTUBE][ /YOUTUBE]

With the space in there, I went

[uTUBE] [/uTUBE]

Because I figured you guys were smart enough to know the site is actually spelled Youtube, not Utube.

Being here as long as I have, I shoulda known better.:)

Archived