Using our picks in the 2010 draft, we ended up with these players:

(1) Trent Williams, OT

(2) Donovan McNabb, QB

(3) Jeremy Jarmon, DE

(4) Perry Riley, LB

(5) Adam Carriker, DL

(6) Dennis Morris, FB/H-Back

(7) Terrence Austin, WR/KR & Erik Cook, OL & Selvish Capers, OT

So now that the draft is over for us, what do you think?

Oh listen to the masses cry over this. Watch out for Cook. I think after a year of pratice squad he could be a good player.

Couple of things:

By making the McNabb trade , we lost a tremendous amount of leverage in trading Campbell, to whom we recooped a 2012 4th, which equates to a 5-6th this year. His cost will also bear the 3rd rounder next year.

LOL, you have NO IDEA at what the 4th this year equates to next year. That is silly.

the thing that infuriates me the most is that other than trent william, none of our picks are projected to be starters ... all of them are project.

the trading away of all our picks is really compromising our ability to get younger, and fill our roster with hungier talent.

enough already of the veteran b/s. I would have loved the skins to get a Safety, a Power RB, and Big/Speed WR ... and a SHUT DOWN DB.

we are stacked at DE! And, for what? We have Orakpo and Jarmon and both did not play full time at that position. And, then in addition we have Haynesworth, Carter, Daniels, and now Carriker, What the bleep?!

Why haven't we gone after getting a GREAT LB! The Skins have never had anyone like Lawrence Taylor.

Art, Gary and Ricky were the last great trio of receivers we had.

and which team that drafts doesn't sit in the same position when it is all over? :)

Sam Bradford may end up being a bust. Tony Pike may end up being a Super Bowl quarterback 5 years from now.

Nothing is guaranteed.

Which is one reason why the decision to trade for a known commodity in McNabb instead of using a #2 pick on Jimmy Clausen or Colt McCoy was the right one.

But will it be the right one in 3 years? I only have on name for you to consider my good friend: Jason Taylor. ;)

Be astounded then. Second best move this offseason behind hiring Shanny as HC.

Let's get a healthy season out of him first. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I just don't see him holding up four years before his body and ability decline, never mind five.

If we get 4 or 5 years out of an ageing, injury-prone QB like McNabb I will be astounded.

Look around the league. Good quarterbacks, with the way the current rules are set up to protect them, can have careers into their late 30s. 4 years would make McNabb 37.

Look around the league. Good quarterbacks, with the way the current rules are set up to protect them, can have careers into their late 30s. 4 years would make McNabb 37.

Of course they can, but they're still the exception, not the rule, and you don't get less injury-prone as you age. McNabb is injury-prone. I'd be very surprised to get a full season out him, especially as our O-line in in the process of rebuilding/transition.

Considering McNabb's injury history and age, the chances of him lasting four or five years have got to be pretty slim. He's a definite upgrade, but I just don't see him being a long term solution.

We filled-in two holes QB and LT. Williams will still be sort of a project considering he has strength issues. The rest are either average, below average, or not a fit in the 3-4 defensive scheme (Jarman). I think in 4 years we will look back and see that we missed out on a lot of talent in this draft's 2nd and 3rd rounds....probably in the 4th and 5th as well.

Of course they can, but they're still the exception, not the rule, and you don't get less injury-prone as you age. McNabb is injury-prone. I'd be very surprised to get a full season out him, especially as our O-line in in the process of rebuilding/transition.

Considering McNabb's injury history and age, the chances of him lasting four or five years have got to be pretty slim. He's a definite upgrade, but I just don't see him being a long term solution.

I disagree, but time will tell.

1. Trent Williams- The best Tackle in the draft for a ZBing team.

2.DM- Enough said

3. Jeremy Jarmon- I think he'll do just fine as a rush OLB. Just don't have him to drop back in coverages.

4. Riley- unknown... Just going to take Bruce's and Shanahan's word on it.

5 Adam Caraker- A steal for a 5th round pick

6. Dennis Morris- I saw a youtube clip on him. He looked like a beast run blocker, atleast in his conference. He also had 12 TD's, not to shaby.......

7. Terrence Austin- Also saw a clip on him and wow. This guy is fast and can return both kickoffs and punts. Didn't look to bad in route running.

7. The two OL picks will atleast promote healty compitition.

All in all they did a really good job with what they had to work with.

the thing that infuriates me the most is that other than trent william, none of our picks are projected to be starters ... all of them are project.

the trading away of all our picks is really compromising our ability to get younger, and fill our roster with hungier talent.

enough already of the veteran b/s. I would have loved the skins to get a Safety, a Power RB, and Big/Speed WR ... and a SHUT DOWN DB.

we are stacked at DE! And, for what? We have Orakpo and Jarmon and both did not play full time at that position. And, then in addition we have Haynesworth, Carter, Daniels, and now Carriker, What the bleep?!

Why haven't we gone after getting a GREAT LB! The Skins have never had anyone like Lawrence Taylor.

Art, Gary and Ricky were the last great trio of receivers we had.

Dude, what 4th round pick or later is the team going to draft that is going to be projected as a starter. Do you guys think about this **** before you type it?

This draft provided the franchise LT and then they had 4th round and later picks that they hope someday will contribute.

Using our picks in the 2010 draft, we ended up with these players:

(1) Trent Williams, OT

(2) Donovan McNabb, QB

(3) Jeremy Jarmon, DE

(4) Perry Riley, LB

(5) Adam Carriker, DL

(6) Dennis Morris, FB/H-Back

(7) Terrence Austin, WR/KR & Erik Cook, OL & Selvish Capers, OT

So now that the draft is over for us, what do you think?

I like your perspective

My favorite draft pick is capers, I love watching the eagles pick blow by him like he's stuck in cement. The best thing about it is it was the senior bowl with no blitzing just physically got owned.......... I'm pumped!

If all you can find to worry about is a 7th round OT project then I would say we had a really good draft.

oh my god, someone call 911 cuz i'm having an allergic reaction to homer-ism. can somone with at least one cell left in their brain please explain why this weekend's draft can be viewed as a success?

It's way too early to call it a success ...... or a failure. We will not know who makes the club at all for months and it will be a coiple of years at least before we can male real judgments on those who do.

Both extremes - as usual on ES - are high fiving or jumping off ledges way too early.

What we do know is we have an upgrade at QB and we addressed (or attempted to address) our glaring need for a LT. Those are the two most important positions on offense. Thats a good thing.

And keep in mind, there's probably a reason Colt and Clausen fell so far...

A lot of teams are set at QB? That and the fact that Josh McDaniels was an idiot to reach like that for Tebow.

I just browsed through some of the trades they made yesterday...whew, the FO was really working the phones yesterday. The Carriker deal was a steal. Only getting a fourth for JC was not that surprising; the fact that it was in 2012 is surprising. I'm disappointed it was not a pick this year, considering how deep the draft was this year. Oh, well.

Jarmon might not even make the team. He doesn't really fit a 3-4. He's not an OLB and he's too small to play 3-4 DE. Maybe they can recoup something for him in a trade during training camp.

are you sure about him not being big enough? I can't be sure but I could swear he was thought of as being a defensive end in the mold of Phillip Daniels. (ie. very strong and can be at the point of attack against the run.)

Archived