Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Our Draft Actually Got Us

JaimeDeCurry

I dont understand what your grading scale is??

Donovan McNabb = C ??????

Trent Williams = C+ ?????

-I wanted Okung but Williams was the second best Tackle in the draft. He might not be an A+, but he certainly is nothing less than an A- . And if the skins think he's better for their run scheme then I'll certainly endorse him over Okung.

-McNabb just took his team to the NFC championship game two years ago and the playoffs last year. The guy still has alot left and even his skills at this later stage in his career is the 4th best in the league! The 4th best QB in the league is definately an A grade.

I guess Peyton Manning is a "B" in your wacky grading system?? :silly: He's only won 1 SB and that was because he played against Rex Grossman.

Give credit where credit is due..

Obviously it's pretty subjective, taking in to account things like "does he" fit and "is there risks involved"

Williams wasnt the best tackle avaliable at #4. He also has the red flag that scares me the most: Questionable work eithic. IF we had moved down and picked him up and another player, he gets a higher grade from me. But I think he has a pretty good chance to completely bust. And you absolutely do not want that at #4. So taking a risky pick when you have better propects on the baord in the same position in top 5 picks in the 1st round is a slightly better than average pick. Hence a C+. BTW, he was graded as the 3rd riskiest pick in the draft. Only behind Tebow and as usual, something the Raiders did.

McNabb is FAR from a top 5 QB, much less #4 in the league. He is also 33 and injury prone behind a line that is much better than we have here. Basically your giving up 2 draft picks for a guy that has probably a 3 year window of good play IF he can remain healthy. And he usually doesnt. Behind much better lines than the one he'll be behind this year. I dont think he'll play in all 16 games in any season he's here. So yes, I dont think giving up a 2nd and another pick for a guy that has about 3 years left and wont play every game because he's on IR is a smart thing to do. Especially when we're not close to winning a SB. We're not one step away. We were 4-12 and in the cellar. Not 12-4 and lost in the NFC Championship game.

Archived