Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

7-11 launches it's own beer

FLRedskins

a 12 pack of Yuengling cans is 10 CENTS less than a 12 pack of Yuengling bottles. Let me tell you, it's hard bringing myself to spend that extra dime, but it's worth it.

I'm not a big fan of Yuengling, except for the black & tan, but you should save your dime and buy it in cans.

Cans are superior to bottles in every way, except presentation. It's superior packaging because light can't degrade the beer, and the packaging is more airtight in cans.

Any perceived "better" taste out of bottles is psychological. Bottle look cooler so everyone thinks that the beer in bottles is superior to cans.

Try a "blind" taste test, where you sample the same beer, out of a bottle and a can, and you may be surprised.

I'm not a big fan of Yuengling, except for the black & tan, but you should save your dime and buy it in cans.

Cans are superior to bottles in every way, except presentation. It's superior packaging because light can't degrade the beer, and the packaging is more airtight in cans.

Any perceived "better" taste out of bottles is psychological. Bottle look cooler so everyone thinks that the beer in bottles is superior to cans.

Try a "blind" taste test, where you sample the same beer, out of a bottle and a can, and you may be surprised.

Very interesting. I remember hearing about the beer reacting to the metal, but I honestly have never researched this. I get bottles because all the good beers I've had come from the bottle, if not the tap.

And the Black & Tan is one of my favorite cheaper beers. $5 for a six pack at the liquor store down the street.

I was going to send this link to my buddies and say "Your cheaper alternative to Natty Light has arrived..." But then I saw it's 8.99 for a 12 pack, wow..

This will fail significantly. The only way this beer has a chance of succeeding is if they price it at less than 6 dollars for a 12 pack.

Very interesting. I remember hearing about the beer reacting to the metal, but I honestly have never researched this. I get bottles because all the good beers I've had come from the bottle, if not the tap.

And the Black & Tan is one of my favorite cheaper beers. $5 for a six pack at the liquor store down the street.

I was surprised to learn about the can thing too.

I didn't research this either. The managing partner of a local craft brewery "enlightened" me.

You are correct, years ago, the metal did affect the taste of the beers, but that is no longer the case, nor has it been for years.

He also told me that he wished that people would get over the whole "bottle" thing because, in addition to being superior packaging, it's also much cheaper to put beer in cans.

There are some good beers in cans, but the pickings are slim around here. There's a place about 15-20 minutes from our house that has Dale's Pale Ale, which is excellent, (if you like hops). I think that it's brewed by "Oskar Blues(?)". They actually had a few different varieties of canned craft beer, which I may pick up next time I'm there.

I prefer fresh draft beer. My last keg was filled the day before I picked it up. Doesn't get much fresher than that!

• 1 month later...
Hmmm. Well. It certainly can't be any worse than the Red White and Blue,(or in really desperate times,the generic BEER we got at Dart Drug),we drank when I was in college. If anything,could make a nice combination with the Chili burritos. :silly:

The generic BEER was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread.

generic.jpg

off topic, but seriously, where the **** can i get some presidente around here?

I don't think they've sold Presidente in Virginia since at least 2004.

I'm not sure if this is up to date (it's from 2008) but you can get it in MD and DC.

These are the only states that you can find the beer in. Not sure where but this is all the info on Presidentes website.

Conneticut

Florida

Georgia

Maryland

Massachusetts

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New York

Pennsylvannia

Rhode Island

Washington DC

So has anyone tried the 7-11 beer yet? Honestly, I bought 2 12-packs last time I was in the area a few weeks ago, but they are still in my garage.

One was just for novelty purposes, and one was for a friend of mine in Tennessee that really wanted a 12-pack for some reason. They do not ahve 7-11s in Tennessee (or many in North Carolina), so people that grew up around them have withdrawals sometimes. For example, one of my friends bought everything off the hot dog rollers one late night in Boston.

i drink budweiser out of the can or draft. bottle is the last resort

a 30 of the beast used to be $10. Drank those all the time in college. also used to do 40oz of mhl for like $1.39. I will never understand how i drank that crap.

When i went about 6 mo. w/o a job we drank natty light...split a 20 pack $5 a piece.

but the $8.99 price point has to be regional. Bud cans here are the same price for 12

Best cheap beer is PBR hands down. you can get a keg for $80

Archived