Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Arrington & Dukes were discussing that this trade may mean Suh goes #1

kiingspadee

if the rams pass on bradford, which is possible now, we are the only team in that top 4 that has any real chance at drafting him, which makes the other teams trade leverage virtually nothing. both bucs and lions took a QB last year and have tons of cash locked into those two, no way would they take a QB and all these teams know it.

were the only ones who legitimately could take bradford, and that helps us a lot because it means we get bradford, or get half of clevelands draft.

I don't know if I'd prefer Bradford and picks for McNabb or McNabb and more picks for Bradford.

Someone would trade up to 2 or 3 even if Bradford is still there. At least that would be my guess.

Lions are ACHING to trade down. Certainly a team will trade up to #2 if Bradford wasn't selected.

However, it's all moot. There is no chance Bradford doesn't go number one. Rams may trade out, but Bradford is going number one.

If Bradford falls in our laps at 4, any chance you guys think we'd take him and trade McNabb to QB-hungry team for picks?

Did you just type what you read?:pfft: We were that QB hungry team. Now you'd trade McNabb after a two-week honeymoon? That's seriously going against the flow of conventional thinking there. I won't say you're crazy for saying that, but I want to say it.

These days I suppose anything could happen.

I don't know if I'd prefer Bradford and picks for McNabb or McNabb and more picks for Bradford.

frankly i think the rams have no leverage at this point for bradford. hes already refused to sign with them before the draft, he wants 50 mil which he will get from us or someone else, and the rams owner situation is completely up in the air.

i dont think were trading mcnabb to anybody. but i think the reality of us getting bradford just became real.

if the rams pass on bradford, which is possible now, we are the only team in that top 4 that has any real chance at drafting him, which makes the other teams trade leverage virtually nothing. both bucs and lions took a QB last year and have tons of cash locked into those two, no way would they take a QB and all these teams know it.

were the only ones who legitimately could take bradford, and that helps us a lot because it means we get bradford, or get half of clevelands draft.

not to be a Debbie Downer...but is it also possible that either team (lions or bucs) trade down for more picks (half of clevelands draft)?

Lions are ACHING to trade down. Certainly a team will trade up to #2 if Bradford wasn't selected.

However, it's all moot. There is no chance Bradford doesn't go number one. Rams may trade out, but Bradford is going number one.

the lions cant trade down if bradford is there. because no team is dumb enough to believe theyll actually take bradford. same goes for tampa. we are the first team after the rams that could actually take bradford. lions and bucs have 0 leverage if bradford is there, because neither team will draft him.

I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but if you look in the "breaking news" section, you will see that the Rams also signed two more DT's recently. This, in my opinion, negates their need for Suh (using the same logic used to make this thread).

Just my opinion, but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for Bradford to fall to us at #4.... we would have so many options... I can see the saliva on Bruce and Shanny's lips as they contemplate who to trade down to!!!

Did you just type what you read?:pfft: We were that QB hungry team. Now you'd trade McNabb after a two-week honeymoon? That's seriously going against the flow of conventional thinking there. I won't say you're crazy for saying that, but I want to say it.

These days I suppose anything could happen.

For all we know, we acquired McNabb hoping to use him to get picks/Bradford but willing to use him as our QB over the next 3 years.

If things fall into place to allow us to take Bradford in our original position AND turn McNabb into draft picks (even if only replenishing the ones we originally spent to get him), it would be the equivalent of drafting #1 instead of #4 (since Bradford was supposed to go #1).

I know that sounds nuts, but it makes sense in my head. :ols:

not to be a Debbie Downer...but is it also possible that either team (lions or bucs) trade down for more picks (half of clevelands draft)?

again, neither of those teams have leverage. the only way a team will sell the farm is if they think the team ahead of them will actually draft that guy. there isnt an exec in the league who would honestly believe the lions or bucs were going to take bradford. so they can all wait til he drops to us, and THEN the kings ransom talks can begin.

or someone would have to trade up to #1 with the rams, but the rams financial situation looks more and more like a QB is out of their reach.

What also makes us a legitimate threat to take him is that we have not extended McNabb yet. If the Rams don't take Bradford, I will get excited.

Endless Possibilities at that point.

the lions cant trade down if bradford is there. because no team is dumb enough to believe theyll actually take bradford. same goes for tampa. we are the first team after the rams that could actually take bradford. lions and bucs have 0 leverage if bradford is there, because neither team will draft him.

Not quite. If people believe we will take him, they will trade with DET or TB to jump in front of us.

Uh, actually it would be Tampa that would get half of Cleveland's draft, since ideally you want to trade ahead of the team who may be picking the player you want.

Who behind us would be willing to draft him? KC? Not likely.

again, neither of those teams have leverage. the only way a team will sell the farm is if they think the team ahead of them will actually draft that guy. there isnt an exec in the league who would honestly believe the lions or bucs were going to take bradford. so they can all wait til he drops to us, and THEN the kings ransom talks can begin.

or someone would have to trade up to #1 with the rams, but the rams financial situation looks more and more like a QB is out of their reach.

Unless a team wants Suh, or Mccoy bad enough...

McNabb stipulated where he was traded to, so he's not going anywhere now.

Rams are taking Bradford. Trading away a 3-4 DE by swapping 5ths is as much a sign Rams will go DT instead as us trading Rocky iwould be a sign we are going LBer at 4.

Rams had the chance to trade out of #1 already with us, it didn't materialize, they are taking Bradford.

Not quite. If people believe we will take him, they will trade with DET or TB to jump in front of us.

so i guess the bucs have more leverage than detroit. and that also means a team would need to believe we'd spend our only real draft pick on a QB. at this point with mcnabb here im not sure we would.

lol, i love all this crazy stuff. the lack of info from our front office has made this much more exciting than usual.

Uh, actually it would be Tampa that would get half of Cleveland's draft, since ideally you want to trade ahead of the team who may be picking the player you want.

Who behind us would be willing to draft him? KC? Not likely.

fair point, tampa has some leverage.

but again, youd need to believe the redskins were going to spend their only legit draft pick on a QB after picking up mcnabb.

thursday needs to hurry the **** up lol!

Rams have basically said that they are taking Bradford..

Sam Bradford-QB-Player Apr. 20 - 4:09 pm et

Rams GM Billy Devaney said Tuesday that it's highly unlikely the first pick in the draft will be traded.

Devaney specifically denied that the Rams would be willing to take much less than the NFL's draft chart would require. He also insisting that the team cannot pass up the impact player that would come with the first pick. Though Devaney acknowledged trade talks with other teams, there has not been "this massive moment" where a deal seemed possible.

Source: Howard Balzer on Twitter

I agree with you but the word is the BUCS want McCoy or Suh badly so i dont think they will trade out because if they do the wont get one of them. The Lions I personally think they want Suh but theres also people saying there interested in an OT (Okung) if thats the case Detroit is the only team the redskins have to worry about. IMO though if Bradford is there I say you trade down and get a kings ransom in picks from whoever wants him....(BROWNS)

Archived