Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vinny Cerrato On Baltimore Radio 105.7 The Fan

Hitman#21

Hes saying alot of very interesting things, draft related and Redskins related. Ill update Here:

http://1057thefan.cbslocal.com/

One pick he'd change from past: "I would probably instead of Carlos Rogers, I would’ve taken DeMarcus Ware."

Makes fun of Ditka for trading his draft picks away. "Then he went and played golf, and got fired."

Bradford's "not a vocal leader. You would like more of a vocal leader out of your quarterback."

"Dan(Snyder) only asked me for one thing on draft day, and thats to draft a pro bowler"

Talking about Sean Taylor Vs Kellen Winslow:

-Says Sean was out of shape

-Gibbs would of taken Winslow if draft was that day.

-Winslow didnt answer door for Breakfast when Gibbs knocked, and over slept.

-Sean Wowed them on game film.

He would give Big Ben another chance, though if he has one chance left.

If he was GM right now he'd be sweating saying if our tackle is going to be there at 4.

Just said took someone to dinner last year, someone who was picked ahead of the skins in the first and he was very obnoxious yelling across the table. And they took him off the board after that because they said he wouldnt fit in the locker room. Added he had a bad year this season. (I wonder who it was?)

Said they had a Crabtree jersey made at Draft, also Orakpo. Then did his laugh :)

Vinny would have taken D. Ware instead of Rogers? great hindsight...

I'm sure Ditka would have changed his mind about the trade as well for Ricky Williams.

We made stupid trades, too. Bailey AND a 2nd for Clinton Portis.

We were HUSTLED on every trade we made while Cerrato was here.

He said you shouldn't get old free agents and pay them a lot of money. Then he went on to say we tried to stay away from old free agents and pay them a lot of money.

WTF????

Literally the sentence after, the guy contradicted himself :doh:

Oh, I'm watching ESPN on draft day just to hear Vinny, that guy is gold

Terrible GM - Absolutely.

I still think he was part of some good drafts throughout the years. Lots of teams crash and burn in the draft - we've managed to find some descent players. Imagine if he wouldn't have been so quick to trade picks every year...

Agreed, he isnt that bad at scouting talent. On that topic, after commercial there going to go through top 30 players in draft.

Archived