Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vinny Cerrato On Baltimore Radio 105.7 The Fan

Hitman#21

McNabb is a pro bowl QB that we got cheap honestly. Vinny was talkn bout giving up picks to trade up 1 spot. Trading 2nd rounders to draft Sanchez. Trading 2 1sts and a 3 for Cutler. All he does is give up draft picks.
The picks for Duckett and Lloyd might be the most baffling.

I get it when people are upset about the 2nd for Jason Taylor. But Taylor was a good player, came here, was misused by Blache (what a surprise), and had a complete freak injury that hurt most of his season. That went off the rails for us for crazy reasons.

But Duckett and Lloyd both sucked when we traded for them, we barely integrated them into our offense, and when we did, of course they weren't very good.

Duckett wasn't even in the league in 2009!

Between those two, that was two 3rd round picks and one 4th round pick. Crucial depth picks down the drain.

The picks for Duckett and Lloyd might be the most baffling.

I get it when people are upset about the 2nd for Jason Taylor. But Taylor was a good player, came here, was misused by Blache (what a surprise), and had a complete freak injury that hurt most of his season. That went off the rails for us for crazy reasons.

But Duckett and Lloyd both sucked when we traded for them, we barely integrated them into our offense, and when we did, of course they weren't very good.

Duckett wasn't even in the league in 2009!

Between those two, that was two 3rd round picks and one 4th round pick. Crucial depth picks down the drain.

No the Taylor is still a baffling move. Daniels went down and Snyder and Cerrato panicked, Parcells completely fleeced Cerrato. Taylor had been a 3-4 DE/LB and didn't fit in the 4-3 where he had to help against the run and couldn't do it. The Skins should have never traded a 2nd, much less a 2nd and 6th for an older DE who didn't fit their system. IMO this is just as stupid and baffling as the Duckett and Lloyd trades.

No the Taylor is still a baffling move. Daniels went down and Snyder and Cerrato panicked, Parcells completely fleeced Cerrato. Taylor had been a 3-4 DE/LB and didn't fit in the 4-3 where he had to help against the run and couldn't do it. The Skins should have never traded a 2nd, much less a 2nd and 6th for an older DE who didn't fit their system. IMO this is just as stupid and baffling as the Duckett and Lloyd trades.
Maybe. Of course, that gets into the discussion of whether Vinny should have consulted with Blache about the trade first, or Blache shouldn't have been too stubborn to allow Taylor the freedom to play OLB and some DE to fit his strengths instead of just sticking to his boring, bland scheme.

Once Taylor got healthy, Blache put him into more a pass rushing OLB role and he immediately had 2.5 sacks in 2 games, 2 of which came against McNabb in that last Eagles game.

So the potential to get production out of Jason Taylor was there. Just not in Blache's original use for him.

There was no potential to get anything out of Lloyd or Duckett since they both sucked in the first place. That was literally giving away draft picks for guys who never did anything notable and are now basically out of the league.

I will say this...I think the Vin man is a boob...but I believe we have talent on this team...and I think he did ok with alot of his picks...I believe where he failed...and this is only a guess...but I think he was awful when it came to working with the head coach ...the goal is to draft guys who are going to fit within a system...not get the best guys and hope they fit...we have talent...I believe we have lacked chemistry...that is why this off season has been so exciting for me...we have a legit GM who is working with a Legit Head coach...both have a plan for the current system they want to run...that my friends...sounds like a great football plan...JMHO

Archived