Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBS: Time’s Klein: Beck, Palin Potentially Committing Sedition

JMS

Please give me a single link which documents someone yelling "Kill Him" at a democratic Rally... Just one.... I've provided half a dozen such links at GOP or tea party rallies...

Like I said, these aren't isolated events. These are common, as is the rhetoric which inspires these statements.

LMAO!

Why would I do that?

I'm not trying to prove a point.

I don't care enough about this nonsense to go looking around for a link.

I know the protesters said plenty of awful stuff about Bush and I'm pretty sure some of them probably called for his death at the rallies.

As long as they weren't seriously going to follow through with it though, I don't give a damn.

If some tea-partiers start trying to kill Obama under the urging of Palin or Beck, wake me up.

Until then forget about it.

In the tailgate, that's not sedition, it's tradition.

I would argue advocating the murder of the President of the United States isn't common place even here...

I would argue places where it regularly does occur are different, and should be treated differently.

Destino, not to get all right-wing on you :) but from my moderate viewpoint I've also noticed that 'dissent is the highest form of patriotism' has suddenly become 'potentially committing sedition' from those on the left.

I don't see either side being particularly consistent on this one.

Now Maybe there's something wrong with my computer. In the thread I'm reading most of the left wingers seem to think Beck is perfectly within his rights.

LMAO!

Why would I do that?

I'm not trying to prove a point.

I don't care enough about this nonsense to go looking around for a link.

Ok just so we are clear then... you don't have a point, you aren't serious, and you don't even care enough about your opinion to attempt to support it with a link...

So why even post.

I would argue advocating the murder of the President of the United States isn't common place even here...

I would argue places where it regularly does occur are different, and should be treated differently.

You would argue that you felt no heat were you set on fire. :ols:

Also, hire a top-notch detective firm to find you a clue (on anything will work) and a sense of humor. :pfft:

I keed on the "clue on anything" part. The rest, not so much. :D

Oh now you've done and made me find some proof, which consequently forced me to give this site a hit. I now have to go take a shower. :)

Enjoy.

http://www.twiceright.com/2010/3/26/past-images-of-threats-made-to-george-bush/in/politics/by/alex

Destino, not to get all right-wing on you :) but from my moderate viewpoint I've also noticed that 'dissent is the highest form of patriotism' has suddenly become 'potentially committing sedition' from those on the left.

Dessent is not Sedition.

Advocating the violent overthrow of the government of the country is not the same as finding fault with current policy.

One is a crime... One isn't.

Ok just so we are clear then... you don't have a point, you aren't serious, and you don't even care enough about your opinion to attempt to support it with a link...

So why even post.

I don't think I said that :D...but fair enough.

I don't really have anything else to say in here anyway.

I made what point I had.

:)

I'm not sure I want to click that link and appear on a list somewhere... Can you please paraphrase for me?

I edited my post and provided one of the images. There are more, but like you I don't want to visit the site again. :)

Have you read the thread? Beck and Palin are unquestionably seditious according to the dictionary definition he provided at the top. They have absolutely incited discontent with the Obama administration, and that qualifies as sedition.

You really think Beck and Palin are the reason so many of us are so frustrated with this president?

I couldn't have made that up if I tried. :ols:

I edited my post and provided one of the images. There are more, but like you I don't want to visit the site again. :)

I didn't look around or even at the site's heading. I don't think I will, either, from how you're acting. :)

Dessent is not Sedition.

Advocating the violent overthrow of the government of the country is not the same as finding fault with current policy.

One is a crime... One isn't.

The point being that neither Palin nor Beck has "advocated for the violent overthrow of the government."

The First Amendment properly allows our citizens the right to criticize our government, and in very strong terms if they want to. We should not chill that right to dissent.

When it comes to speech, only when someone gets up and says: "Let's kill that government worker over there," with the intent that a mob or crowd will, right then and there, do physical harm to that person, does it rise to the level of sedition. The advocacy of violence must be clear, and it must be directly connected to actual or intended violence against a person.

I didn't look around or even at the site's heading. I don't think I will, either, from how you're acting. :)

Oh it's not a hate group site or anything. It's just far more right wing than I'd ever visit for any reason other than to score a point in tailgate. :D

Now Maybe there's something wrong with my computer. In the thread I'm reading most of the left wingers seem to think Beck is perfectly within his rights.

Yeah, but what the one person who thinks this idiocy is justified lacks in numbers, he's making up in volume of posts.

Oddly, you did just make that up, since that's not even close to what I said.

You said they've "incited discontent with the administration."

As if the frustration with Obama didn't start until they pushed the buttons.

It's coming from ONE person on the left on this board.

This liberal is disagreeing with him and defending Palin's rights of speech. So are all the other liberals here.

Looks pretty consistent to me.

If Palin openly advocated for the murder of the President, you would be right.

But she hasn't so you are wrong.

The fact that someone in the crowd yells something stupid does not change what Palin herself has done.

Archived