Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WPC: Portis to the haters: “I’ve got something for y’all”

JimmiJo

Maybe. But attitudes about concussions are undergoing a sea-change right now, so it's less than surprising the amount of time he has missed. Not saying you're wrong, just pointing out that things have changed and we can't make the assumptions we could have a few years ago.

Don't misunderstand my words.

I'm not saying a concussion isn't a serious injury. It is a very serious one.

It has put players out of the game. For good.

I'm questoning whether Portis had that serious an injury, or was he feigning a more serious injury as part of his then on-going feud with Zorn.

I hope he's right. But I'll get excited when he shows us instead of tells us.

Yes, we all know Portis can talk a good game. He's done that for his entire career. I'll wait until he starts producing on the field before getting too excited about this.

This team is full of people with something to prove...

Mike Shanahan: Prove he is still a top tier class in coaching. Redeeming himself from getting fired.

Kyle Shanahan: Letting the league know he is one of the best offensive minds in the game.

Larry Johnson: Proving he is not a knuckle head. Playing for his hometown team.

Willie Parker: Salty from Steelers letting him go. "On a Mission"

Clinton Portis; "It's me against the world"

Devin THomas....Malcolm Kelly...and Marko Mitchell

Dovovan McNabb: Very salty from philly letting him go. Got on his job the first day he was in the building. He will unleash hell.

Laron Landry....

Portis has always given 100% on the field. I've always liked him as a player. I'm right there with everyone else that his off-field antics get old and it seems that Shanahan has curbed a lot of that. I think Portis does have it in him to have a pro bowl type season this year provided the line holds up for him.

Funny, yesterday I almost got the sense he was speaking directly to you Mr. Murphy.

Me, I'm just happy to drum s*** up between you.

:)

Like I said yesterday, I'm convinced that the acquisition of Donovan F. McNabb, more than bringing in Larry Johnson and/or Willie Parker, will serve as the primary motivation for Portis this season (if he remains a Redskin).

McNabb is the best quarterback Portis has had the chance to play with during his professional career. He is a proven winner who can stretch the field and keep defenses honest. Portis has to see the new guy wearing #5 and think of all the ways those two can wreak havoc on opposing defenses. For that reason alone, I believe he will be on his best behavior and happily jump through whatever hoops Mike Shanahan sees fit.

Put up or shut up time. You've got a fit LJ, a healthy Parker, and the chance that an RB gets drafted. Forget the wall, the writing is on CP's forehead with permanent marker. I was fed up with him last year, but I will welcome him back if he just goes out there and busts his ass like he's expected to. Nobody cares about what you used to be. All we care about is what you are now, and that is one big headache. I really want him to succeed, and it looks like he wants to also, which is good to hear.

“I sat this offseason, had a chance to think like all the stuff I’ve done for this organization through the years where everybody [like] ‘oh the Redskins suck.’ I always put this organization on my back and went out and gave everything I had.

And humble too. :rolleyes:

Seriously man. You just admitted that you are working harder than you have in the past and are more committed, yet somehow "you gave everything you had"? I guess you're just too stupid to see the contradiction here.

STFU and play. That's all I ask. With an emphasis on STFU. :doh:

I still wish that CP would stop worrying so much about what the media and fans are saying. I mean just do you and it will all come together.

Anyway, it looks like having competition for his starting spot at the RB position has lit a fire under CP. It will be good to see CP going full speed again.

Archived