Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our, Earth Wind, and Fire

TGW21

Well, Portis is full of hot air, so at least 'wind' makes some sort of sense.

I really don't expect all three of them to still be here by the time the season starts. One of them will be cut.

Why? There's no real money invested in them. If they stay healthy I'd go into the season with all 3.

It is funny how everyone assumes all three or even two of these guys will be playing come Sept. and that the Redskins have no plans to draft another back late. Shanny is sending Portis a wake up call.

If you look through the forums, I am probably the biggest LeGarrette Blount advocate there is.

I by no means am happy that we're bringing in a bunch of old scraps to block his path (perhaps even from being drafted). I'm just playing along with a little optimism. It's a cool picture the guy put together.

If you look through the forums, I am probably the biggest LeGarrette Blount advocate there is.

I by no means am happy that we're bringing in a bunch of old scraps to block his path (perhaps even from being drafted). I'm just playing along with a little optimism. It's a cool picture the guy put together.

That aw-right. But I think there is a deeper message being sent.

Shanny > >>> Portis, hey bud this is my team get your butt in gear or seeya

I am all for Blount consindering the talent and where he will go. Him or another late round back is needed IMO.

I think the majority of people here are delussional.

Clinton Portis has something to prove

Larry Johnson has something to prove

Willie Parkers got something to prove

All three of these men are going to be hungry and motivated. That means good things for us this year. As for the idea that we cut one of these guys, that makes no sense to me. For one this is an uncapped year so why can't they all stay? Second since when did we go into the season with only 2 RB's on the roster? Three this is without a doubt the most talented group of rushers we've ever had on this team at one time that I can think of. Sorry but there is zero reason to cut one of these guys before the end of the year. We brought them in, kicked the tires, and know what they bring to the table. Thinking the GM and coaches were all delussional about these men and what they can do here and will all wake up one day to cut these guys is silly. The only downside to them being here now I can see is it hurts the Fantasy Football players out there and it hurts any chance we draft a RB. We have more needs then the ability to draft a running back next year so these three make a great tandum and no ones going to get cut, that makes no sense to me.

I like what the management did with this position.

Johnson, Parker, and Portis is 100 times better then Betts, Ganther, and Portis ever in there dreams could be.

Like the picture OP and I share the optimism...Earth, Wind, and Fire....I digg it :)

You mean what do we think about your picture and nickname.

Why does everyone on here try to come up with the next nickname that sticks? There will never be another "posse" people.

If you want to know everyones thoughts on how they will do, try reading one of the other hundreds of threads on this topic.

:2cents:

You mean what do we think about your picture and nickname.

Why does everyone on here try to come up with the next nickname that sticks? There will never be another "posse" people.

If you want to know everyones thoughts on how they will do, try reading one of the other hundreds of threads on this topic.

:2cents:

I obviously mean what do you'll think about how they will do (pending they're all still here)

Explain how Portis is wind

That was after he went to a gastrologist and it was determined as such.

Lol u clowns think you know more about building a football team than mike freaking shanahan.

I really don't see how knowing more than Shanny really a problem:silly:

Hate this approach. And one reason Giants EWF was great for them was they could evaluate their young backs, and keep whoever did best. The guys we got are starters 1-2 years tops either way.

*Pines for the days we had Davis and Hicks competing for the starting RB position. That's the way you do it.*

Keep Portis and maybe one of the other vets. But we need young blood, even though I'm hoping CP stays around long enough to get the all time Skins rushing record.

How is a new young back supposed to get any playing time in this lineup?

I was thinking the same as the other guy... you know the old adage to "run like the wind." I, too, thought that better suited parker.

Similarly, Clinton's fiery attitude and intensity would make him fire. Just a thought, but hey, I'm nitpicking.

It's a cool pic and I think you did a great job. I'll be honest, I have my own skepticism for each one of these guys, but I whole heartedly believe in Mike's knack for turning scraps into great rushing attacks.

+1 said everything I was going esp. re CP. I will add that I think there is a small possibility, say roughly 2:1 against this happening, that CP will respond crazily to all this and will come in fired up, carry the team and be the man & the only time the other two see the feild is to give him an infrequent breather OR that he will come in witha horrific attitude & be completely lacksadasical, & end up so far in Shanny's dog house that he never sees the feild ...

Either way, it would be different than the triple headed attack everyone thinks we are going to have.

I think the majority of people here are delussional.

Clinton Portis has something to prove

Larry Johnson has something to prove

Willie Parkers got something to prove

All three of these men are going to be hungry and motivated. That means good things for us this year. As for the idea that we cut one of these guys, that makes no sense to me. For one this is an uncapped year so why can't they all stay? Second since when did we go into the season with only 2 RB's on the roster? Three this is without a doubt the most talented group of rushers we've ever had on this team at one time that I can think of. Sorry but there is zero reason to cut one of these guys before the end of the year. We brought them in, kicked the tires, and know what they bring to the table. Thinking the GM and coaches were all delussional about these men and what they can do here and will all wake up one day to cut these guys is silly. The only downside to them being here now I can see is it hurts the Fantasy Football players out there and it hurts any chance we draft a RB. We have more needs then the ability to draft a running back next year so these three make a great tandum and no ones going to get cut, that makes no sense to me.

I like what the management did with this position.

Johnson, Parker, and Portis is 100 times better then Betts, Ganther, and Portis ever in there dreams could be.

Like the picture OP and I share the optimism...Earth, Wind, and Fire....I digg it :)

I do not see neither of them being cut but for the right price, I can see one or the other involved in some type of draft or post draft day trade.

Yes we have had more than 2 RB's but I can not see neither of these guys settling for mainly special teams duties ala Rock, without the person going COMPLETELY off!!

If we can make it work, make it work but, IMHO there's no "EWF" factor in this scenario nor do I think Shanny is even considering it...There will be too much ego involved

Parker used to have the speed we need, dude is finished

we have 3 backs and not a one is on the upside of their career

See this is the problem people on here are waay to quick to write somebody off, Portis was injured last year and obviously not in top shape, i feel that wont be a problem this year, he is far from washed up. LJ actually had a decent run with the Bungles, again there is no real evidence to say he is washed up, just speculation because of age. WP I'm not so sure about, he may have a little left in the tank but Mendenhall got the starting job in Pit for good reason. It really wont matter because i think one of em wont make the regular season roster. HAIL:point2sky

Archived