Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Modest Proposal with debating QB's

Annonymous Source

The mods decided to have a little fun yesterday. And by the way, mods that was an excellent April Fools joke.

Behind that though was an idea that is actually fairly understandable. The vast majority of people on ES are sick of talking about who we should have starting next year at quarterback. These giant debate threads have stopped actually informing anyone of anything, and instead are used primarily as a means of debatable one-uppsmanship.

At this point I know what my opinion on the matter is, I know it wont change, and I know that I will not convince anyone of the opposite opinion to change their opinion. So I officially quit. I am not going to post in anymore of the infinite JC debate threads until the start of camp.

What I propose is that anyone out there who is sick of this sort of debate just follow the same truce agreement that I am following. If anyone is with me on this just post below. If you disagree, you are welcome to post below as well.

Thank you for your consideration.

:logo:

Yeah its pretty much destroying this messege board.....which sucks.

But good luck convincing the main culprits to put an end to it.......its what they live for.....its why they breathe.

All that needs to happen is to convince everybody else to stop debating it. And the key way to doing that is to understand that there is no actual constructive discussion going on. There is no reason to discuss the problem anymore because nobody is going to change their minds anyways.

I'm pretty much on board with this, the problem is that these same posters will come into any thread and ruin it with their JC Sucks diatribes. Think of the changes we are planning on implementing, possibly a ZBS, a 3-4 defense and wiser FA spending, yet every thread involves the same posters hijacking it. I for one, think I will stick to O-Line, RB and Defense threads, as well as some of the more well thought out draft threads. At this point I don't giving a flying fling in the rain about the QB position

The mods decided to have a little fun yesterday. And by the way, mods that was an excellent April Fools joke.

Behind that though was an idea that is actually fairly understandable. The vast majority of people on ES are sick of talking about who we should have starting next year at quarterback. These giant debate threads have stopped actually informing anyone of anything, and instead are used primarily as a means of debatable one-uppsmanship.

At this point I know what my opinion on the matter is, I know it wont change, and I know that I will not convince anyone of the opposite opinion to change their opinion. So I officially quit. I am not going to post in anymore of the infinite JC debate threads until the start of camp.

What I propose is that anyone out there who is sick of this sort of debate just follow the same truce agreement that I am following. If anyone is with me on this just post below. If you disagree, you are welcome to post below as well.

Thank you for your consideration.

:logo:

You mean that was a joke. :yikes: I thought TK was about to ban half the members of this forum to put an end to the JC debate. :saber:

I agree the debates have gotten old. I'll make this prediction, you will not have to engage in the JC debate at the start of camp as JC will be a member of another clubs roster. Just a hunch.

I've mostly stayed out of it as well, mostly because arguing is pointless right now. Campbell will either prove he's the guy or the team will move on.

But, even if he does, I doubt some people will ever be convinced. (See all the Philly fans who have been critical of McNabb during his career.)

I've mostly stayed out of it as well, mostly because arguing is pointless right now. Campbell will either prove he's the guy or the team will move on.

But, even if he does, I doubt some people will ever be convinced. (See all the Philly fans who have been critical of McNabb during his career.)

Are you really comparing Redskins fans to Philly fans?

I actually stopped looking at those threads a year ago.

Threads that aren't even about the QB are often hi-jacked and become QB threads.

Although it might not seem that way, i try to stay out of it.

But there is only so much BS i can tolerate reading before i have to respond out of general principle.

There are new people in this forum everyday and if other posters don't respond to the often outright falsehoods spread by a few vocal posters they might get the wrong idea about this forum.

I honestly don't see what's the big deal. Isn't that what a message board is for? To discuss pertinent questions involving the Redskins?

This franchise has a history of QB controversies. It's the most important position on the team. Hence, people are going to discuss ad nauseum. If you don't like it, don't read the posts discussing it.

It's a good thing that there was no internet as we know it back during the Kilmer/Jurgensen controversy. Can you imagine ES if that was going on? A Billy camp and a Sonny camp... it would be a civil war!

I honestly don't see what's the big deal. Isn't that what a message board is for? To discuss pertinent questions involving the Redskins?

A message board is for discussion. But when one side speaks in absolutes and uses cheap insults as criticism it leaves nothing to discuss.

"Sometimes all it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to be quiet."

I didn't say it first, but I've always believed it. I will not start any debates about our QB, but it's hard to keep quiet when stupiduty(sic) sometimes flows like water.

Yes, your opponents don't merely disagree with you, they are evil. You're the guy who insists on making false claims about the state of the offensive line even in its heyday and even about 1999. You seem to have some bizarre notions about things, but notice I didn't call you evil.

But making claims easily verified as false, would qualify you normally as a liar or delusional or suffering from some failure to grasp the basics of the subject (talking offensive line here.) But again, I don't call you evil or really even stupid. You're just wrong.

No matter, to quote a little green guy with big ears, "At an end your rule is, and not short enough it was."

Archived