Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mel Kiper adds a QB to his first round big board

Dr Drunkenstein

Do you give up your seat in this situation?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Do you give up your seat in this situation?

• Yes
    • No

I'm always worried about guys whose draft stock falls when they're playing football, and then it rises again after they're done playing football.

Considering we're drafting them to play football, not work out in a gym.

That said, I like McCoy -- he does look small to me, but results are all that matters.

Well said. Anyone bad can look decent passing in a controlled environment and anyone good can look great. Now when you have 300 plus mean men coming after you to put you in the ground that can be a different stories. Footwork can break down, release get messed up all sorts of things. Responding to real pressure is one thing these pro days cannot simulate, imho.

All I care about is that we come out of the draft with Bradford, Clausen, McCoy, or Tebow. We need one of them. I wouldn't trade all the way up to #1 to get Bradford. You cannot make an investment like that without travelling into the future to see if he does well.

We "need one of them"? Sure, the Skins need a franchise QB, but saying we "need" one of them assumes they're all potential franchise QB's,...which is not the case.

I'm not for trading up to get Bradford, I'd rather trade down if we could and get an extra pick. But if Shanny and Allen think he's worth it then you just trust them and move on.

It would be tough for me to get over the fact that he's a flaming Cowpukes fan, but I'd be ok with trading back up into the first to grab him if we had to.

But he also specifically listed us as an ideal destination, which tells me not only has he overcome the bias that existed before his professional career, but that he really buys into the system here.

Simply put, McCoy has terrific accuracy and fantastic mobility. In a WCO, that would pay huge dividends.

While a Star QB is always ideal, I'd much rather have an overall complete offense, and with the talent we already have, plus the mind of Shanahan, I think we're only missing a few pieces. An OL that can cohesively work together, and a QB who can quickly get the ball to open receivers. That QB could be Campbell, or it might be someone in this draft.

did he recently get taller and stronger or something?

He measured in at 6' 2'' and some change and his arm strength is NFL ready - not John Elway maybe but not Chad Pennington either. My question mark is about his footwork anfd lack of experience operating under centre in an Pro sytle offense.

If Bradford falls to us at #4 I think he will be a great pick and thats what I am hoping for. But if Bradford goes #1 overall then I would be really happy if we got Okung at 4 and Colt McCoy was there when we pick at the top of the second round.

99.9% sure McCoy isn't going in the 1st Round.

And the only piece of evidence Mel Kiper uses to support McCoy in the 1st round is his own personal opinion. Good for you Kiper, but you aren't a GM, so we can't really take this as any real fact. All the actual scouts and GMs seem to agree that McCoy is a 2nd or 3rd round talent.

Colt McCoy will definitely last the 1st round.

While I don't necessarily disagree with you, who are these "scouts" and "GM's" that are openly stating that McCoy is going in the 2nd or 3rd round? All the other websites are people that are on the same level as Kiper in that they are not on the inside. I seriously doubt that an employed scout or GM is going to let anybody know how they grade a prospect.

I think we can put the Colt McCoy arm strength concerns to bed.......

Not everyone was rosy on his workout, even though I think this guy is a blowhard.

Colt McCoy-QB- Player Mar. 31 - 4:58 pm et

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi hears that Texas QB Colt McCoy's Wednesday Pro Day workout was "only average."

"McCoy is (still) going to have to prove in team workouts that he can drive the ball and be accurate at the second and third levels," Lombardi says. Ex-NFL scout Daniel Jeremiah, similarly, heard the workout was "solid, not spectacular," and consisted of only "manageable throws," with few long balls.

Source: Michael Lombardi on Twitter

If this guy is drafted by the Skins, id expect Shanny to revert to more of a run first offense like he had with Griese when he was the starter in Denver.

I would not be shocked if the Skins drafted McCoy. I would rather get a few really good linemen instead that will be on the team for a long time so Shanny has a running game going next year. I still remember the can't miss quarterback the Chargers signed a few years ago-Ryan Leaf.

Archived