Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Advice on meeting strangers on craigslist to make the deal?

H-O-G

You should be ok. Just arrive a little early and stay in your car. If the person looks like a slippery character then I would probably just drive off. If it a best buy parking lot in the middle of the day. You should be fine. Just make sure you do the transaction out in the open.

I've sold my share fair of stuff on craigslist; a car, xbox 360, PS3, Ipods, TV's, washer/dryer, etc... I've had people come to my house, met in public places, or even go to their house. Each one has pros and cons.

If I were a buyer in this case I'd want to go to your house b/c I'd want to see that the system works (especially a 360).

My suggestion is wait on it a little bit. You mentioned you just posted it and had several offers, take a better one.

I sold some football tickets this past term and I met people in parking lots of fairly well-trafficked areas or on campus (where lots of peeps are milling about.) One was on game day, so no issue there either.

As for other items, I sold some tires once to a guy who came to my apartment. I guess I felt like I didn't have much besides the tires for him to take and I saw him pull up in a minivan with kids and stuff.

For the most part though, any other sales I do on Clist, I can't bring them to my house because someone else lives here and I can take care of myself but I have a greater responsibility.

Wal-Mart parking lots have cameras, as do many other places now--I don't see a big problem with one of these, so long as it's an orderly place and not one that allows bands of thugs and teenagers to control the lots. Or in a mall or in a coffee shop as others have suggested.

And as Redman said, "It's a cold world better pack your own heat."

My best advice is really sift through the emails, you will be able to tell the ones that are legit. Most of the time, they will be well written

It's a 360... You have to assume that they aren't going to have decent writing skills...

well he wants to meet at a best buy on a road orange blossum trail. Its notorius for its high crime and prostitution in that area. Thats why i might just hold out for someone i consider a little less risky lol. Other people have said just show up with two or three other big guys

Your gut has already given you the answer.. why are you asking us?

It's perfectly normal in this day and age to feel the way you are. The only suggestiion I am going to make is to have them meet you in a heavily populated area such as a mall food court. Get there early and wait a few minutes after they leave and then go back to your car.

Archived