Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RI: Bradford schedules workout with Skins

Rypien1191

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/sam-bradford-schedules-workout.html

Sam Bradford schedules workout with Redskins

Top draft prospect Sam Bradford is scheduled to have a private workout with the Redskins before next month's draft, according to Ben Dogra, one of Bradford's agents.The Redskins are one of two teams who have scheduled such private workouts and will see Bradford in Norman, Okla., on April 15th, one week before the NFL Draft.

Bradford is the second quarterback confirmed to visit with the team in person, joining Florida's Tim Tebow. The Redskins could also take a closer look at Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen.

It's not unusual for a team with a first-round pick as high as the Redskins -- No. 4 overall -- to check out the top prospects in person, but the visit does seem to confirm the team's in Bradford, rated by most as the best quarterback available in next month's draft.

Many expect Bradford to be off the board by the time the Redskins make their first selection. It's probably too early for such a definitive proclamation, though, as the St. Louis Rams, who hold the draft's No. 1 pick, will also take a closer look at Bradford. The Rams have scheduled a private workout with Bradford for April 12.

Todd McShay, an ESPN draft analyst, said on a conference call Thursday that the No. 1 pick is Bradford's to lose, meaning that he'd have to perform poorly at his Pro Day and in his meetings with the Rams to slip out of the draft's top spot. Bradford will throw for the first time for NFL coaches and scouts during his Pro Day, which is scheduled for March 29. Most of the top

teams in the draft, the Redskins included, are expected to be in attendance.

Bradford is still recovering from shoulder surgery and did not throw at last month's NFL Scouting Combine, nor did he participate in Oklahoma's Pro Day earlier this month. Clausen's Pro Day is scheduled for April 9 in South Bend, Ind., while Tebow participated in Florida's Pro Day earlier this week.

Tebow is reportedly scheduled to visit five teams in-person, including the Redskins.

You never know, folks.

If Shanny falls in love with Bradford, we could always try to trade up.

It's a longshot, but nothing would surprise me.

Clearly Shanny doesn't think he has his QB on the team right now so again, you just never know.

Interested to see how he does.

He'd have to blow in the next month to not go #1.

Too bad, I was warming up to the idea.

yeah, I've been reading a listening to stuff that says he looks great and his arm is not a problem. Maybe we can pull off an orakpo and hope the rams fall in love with Jimmy:silly:

You never know, folks.

Clearly Shanny doesn't think he has his QB on the team right now so again, you just never know.

Is right. If he thinks he is the future we will go after him at #1

Damn... I would of liked Bradford as well. We shouldn't of sent anyone to his pro day or scheduled a visit with him. It possibly would of given the impression we would pass on him because of our relationship with Dr. Andrews. We should of gone to see Jimmy and had HIM come to us for a private workout to go along with Tebow...

Now we have to give up a lot to the Rams to get him should he be our guy.

Spags really wouldn't be interested in Jason Campbell in my opinion as far as trades go. That leaves us with other players, or most likely draft picks. JC's stats vs. the Giants when Spags was the D.C in 2007 and 2008 were as follows.

2007 game 1 week three, Skins 2-0, Giants 0-2

JC stats = 16/34 190 yds 1 TD

Game 2 was Todd Collins, which we won, on the road no less.

2008 week 1 JC stats 15/27 133 yds 1 TD

Game 2 - 23/38 232 yds. ZERO TD's

2009 vs RAMS Spags as HC

week 2 JC Stats - 23/35 242 yds ZERO TD's

They'll probably want Colt or Rex more than Jason. . .

I looked up past drafts to see what was given up for a team to move up to acquire the No. 1 pick. Looking at NFL 2004 draft the SD/NY Giants trade here's what was given up for the Gents to swap QBs (Eli for Philip)

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/04/24/national/main613545.shtml

Gents got Eli

The Chargers got New York's third-round pick that year and the Giants' first and fifth-rounders in 2005 in addition to Rivers, whose stock soared after private workouts and interviews.

==================================================================

In 2001 NFL draft the Falcons and the Chargers were involved in a trade for the 1st and 5th overall picks in the 1st round:

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php?/weblog/entry/chargers_triumphed_in_2001_nfl_draft_michael_vick_trade/

Atlanta got Vick

The Chargers recieved Atlanta's their first round pick, the fifth selection in the draft, along with their third round pick in 2001, a second round pick in 2002 and little used Wide Receiver Tim Dwight, who did have some significant impact returning kicks.

==================================================================

Now if the Skins want to move up to the No. 1 pick overall it's not impossible but it will cost a pretty penny. Here are some possible scenerios.

Skins get the No. 1 overall and take Bradford

Rams get the 5th overall pick, a player or players (JC/Cooley/AC) and a draft pick or draft picks next year.

it sucks, doesn't it? :(

Big time. I have been praying that we could get him for two years now.

You knew he was going first last year. Then he came back.

He got injured, and still that isn't enough to keep him from going first.

He looks identical to Peyton Manning. His accuracy is incredible.

yeah, I've been reading a listening to stuff that says he looks great and his arm is not a problem. Maybe we can pull off an orakpo and hope the rams fall in love with Jimmy:silly:

If a player like Orakpo fell to us this year...I would be ecstatic. We got a gift when he fell to us. Maybe Suh would fall to us? :D

Ok Im calling it. :)

Monster trade Thurs. Apr 22.

Rams get Carter and our 1st this year and a high pick for 2011

Redskins get the 1st pick (which will be Bradford) and Carriker, will keep their 2nd and get a lineman.

I'm traveling down the same path as you and have posted my thougts below yours. We might have to add other players such as JC, Cooley, Carter (Arg!) to the proposal and a draft pick or draft picks next year but I think we keep the rest of our picks in this years draft.

Take it for what it's worth as it's PFT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/18/rams-met-with-bradford-this-week/

Rams met with Bradford this week

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 18, 2010 8:50 PM ET

As opinion among the so-called draft experts continues to shift toward a belief that the St. Louis Rams will take Sam Bradford with the first pick in next month's NFL draft, the Rams' actions are continuing to signal a strong interest in Bradford.

League sources told St. Louis Post-Dispatch columnist Bryan Burwell that Rams General Manager Billy Devaney and offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur took a trip to Florida this week to meet with Bradford.

Bradford, the Oklahoma quarterback whose 2009 season was cut short because of a shoulder injury, has been rehabbing in Florida, so that's where the Devaney and Shurmer traveled for a two-on-one discussion. Devaney and Shurmur also met with Dr. James Andrews, who performed Bradford's shoulder surgery.

Bradford will work out for NFL coaches, executives and scouts on March 29.

You knew he was going first last year. Then he came back.

Nobody knew who was going where last year. It was still relatively early in the process when Bradford said he was going back. At that point it was all hype and rampant speculation without all that much analysis. As time went on the offensive system and other things about him would have come up compared to Stafford and Sanchez, who played well in Pro Style offenses. IMO Stafford still would have gone 1st and Bradford might have gone ahead of Sanchez purely based on his lack of starting experience but Sanchez had so much upside.

He got injured, and still that isn't enough to keep him from going first.

And it isn't at all possible that this is a pretty weak draft class for top tier QBs compared to other recent drafts? :whoknows:

He looks identical to Peyton Manning. His accuracy is incredible.

This is a huge stretch. Manning was a far superior prospect coming out. He had many more starts in an offense that was much closer to Pro Style than Oklahoma's where he took lots of snaps from under center, had to play against better defenses, and had to make defensive reads at the LOS pre-snap. I don't see many things too alike other than an over the top delivery and being pretty tall.

Ok Im calling it. :)

Monster trade Thurs. Apr 22.

Rams get Carter and our 1st this year and a high pick for 2011

Redskins get the 1st pick (which will be Bradford) and Carriker, will keep their 2nd and get a lineman.

You're late to that party but great minds think alike :)

Can we please stop saying "smoke screen"? I think this has become the most over used phrase on this board. Allen/Shanahan are not going to watch Bradford work out to make other people think we might draft him.

OF COURSE we might draft him! We need a franchise QB. Yes I know we need OL also but do you really think our FO is really so stupid to not go watch Bradford with an open mind about the fact that if he fell to us we'd have to very seriously consider taking him?

The "smoke screen" is ridiculous and the only FO that would ever have fallen for a "smoke screen" was replaced recently by Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan.

Bradford, Clausen, Tebow. We need to come out of the draft with one of them. I don't even care anymore who it is. They all have the chance to bust or boom. We just need to get one.

I'd alter that to Bradford, Clausen, McCoy. But otherwise I agree.

You never know, folks.

Nothing is clear.

Archived