Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RI: Bradford schedules workout with Skins

Rypien1191

Bradford, Clausen, Tebow. We need to come out of the draft with one of them. I don't even care anymore who it is. They all have the chance to bust or boom. We just need to get one.

If we went with one of the "2nd tier", so to speak, QBs, I would prefer LeFevour...but I'm not sure if his draft stock is high enough for a 2nd rounder. He outplayed by far at the Senior Bowl, but he doesn't have The Hype Machine that Tebow does.

If we went with one of the "2nd tier", so to speak, QBs, I would prefer LeFevour...but I'm not sure if his draft stock is high enough for a 2nd rounder. He outplayed by far at the Senior Bowl, but he doesn't have The Hype Machine that Tebow does.

That's not hype. That's legit greatness. I wasn't impressed with LeFevour's arm strength.

That's not hype. That's legit greatness. I wasn't impressed with LeFevour's arm strength.

He doesn't have a rocket launcher, but I'd say his arm strength is about the same as Bradford's. If you watched the Senior Bowl, LeFevour had a couple of very nice deep throws, one of them a picture perfect pass into the end zone for a TD. Tebow may have a little bit stronger arm, but that doesn't take away his release and footwork issues. They both played in the spread, they are both good runners, but I would take LeFevour's release and footwork over Tebow's any day.

He doesn't have a rocket launcher, but I'd say his arm strength is about the same as Bradford's. If you watched the Senior Bowl, LeFevour had a couple of very nice deep throws, one of them a picture perfect pass into the end zone for a TD. Tebow may have a little bit stronger arm, but that doesn't take away his release and footwork issues. They both played in the spread, they are both good runners, but I would take LeFevour's release and footwork over Tebow's any day.

I would agree with you had it been Tuesday. After Tebow's work out, it's obvious he's a different QB. He's got more work to do, but if he can come that far in 6 weeks, coming the rest of the way during a year of sitting will be a stroll in the park.

I would agree with you had it been Tuesday. After Tebow's work out, it's obvious he's a different QB. He's got more work to do, but if he can come that far in 6 weeks, coming the rest of the way during a year of sitting will be a stroll in the park.

There is no way he actually changed that much in 6 weeks. I mean really changed his throwing motion and footwork. When he was at UF they actually tried working to change those things and it didn't work out. A couple of people on here have posted extensively about it.

In 6 weeks what he did was work on his throwing motion and footwork enough so that he would be able to do it differently for a while in front of scouts. In 6 weeks that wouldn't be hard to do, especially if he had plenty of help doing it. He threw for a while in shorts, with no defenders rushing, to a guy who was running the exact routes he expected and had nobody defending him. I would bet money that if you put him in an actual game situation right now you wouldn't even see a glimpse of "Tebow 2.0". He would go straight back to his old mechanics.

I'm not necessarily knocking the guy for doing it, just saying that muscle memory and things like that simply don't change that much in such a short period of time when they are so used to something else, especially once it is in a live situation and he has to have it be automatic since he has plenty of other things to think about at that point. I think to REALLY change his throwing motion and footwork to where it would be different in a live situation, he would need probably at least a year's worth of work and reps doing it in various situations, with and without things being live before it would become automatic.

It doesn't have anything to do with "drive" or "desire" or intelligence. It is just anatomy and how the brain processes things it does repetitively to the point where it is pretty much subconscious and the muscles handle it that way. Campbell worked for over a year with Zorn on his release and footwork and, while they definitely improved, every once in a while you could still see him revert back a bit. And that is in a live game situation.

I'm not sure Shanny would brag about drafting Griese.

Yea, he wasnt the greatest QB Shanahan ever coached :evilg:

But he was not all that bad.

Trying to follow in Elways footsteps could not be an easy task.

He went 6-10 with a passer rating of 76

Then went 11-5 and a passer rating over 100.

Man if Jason ever came close to that, there would be alot of folks on ES eating crow.

I'd rather have Bradford than Clausen, but I'd rather have a ham sandwich then a guy who IMO is half Ryan Leaf and half Ryan Leaf. My Concern with Bradford is reduced to this, if he gets past the Rams, then we know there might be a serious red flag with his shoulder

He had many more starts in an offense that was much closer to Pro Style than Oklahoma's where he took lots of snaps from under center, had to play against better defenses, and had to make defensive reads at the LOS pre-snap. I don't see many things too alike other than an over the top delivery and being pretty tall.

1. This is the greatest football site on the internet. It is certainly the greatest Redskins site on the net. So please nobody take this the wrong way:

The biggest problem with this site, and it really isn't that big compared to the benefits, is that the great majority of posters here watch only the NFC east, and then the better teams when the playoffs come--long after we have been eliminated.

You haven't seen Bradford play. You don't even know his nickname. Not one person on this board has even mentioned his nickname yet. I thought our fans knew football?

Why? Because few here know what the hell is going on.

Bradford took nearly 40% of his snaps from under center. The fact that you quote otherwise shows that you have never seen him play before.

He is EASILY the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning. If you have seen him play (which you haven't,) you wouldn't even question it.

There was never a question about him going first last year. Ask Casserly.

There was never a question about him going first this year.

He has the best, quickest, and most accurate arm since Peyton Manning hit the league.

There are two, distinct types of teams in the NFL this season:

The team who drafts Bradford, and everybody else.

This is the type of Manning, Brady....who can make a team competitive every single year.

It isn't even a question. You draft this guy immediately.

It isn't even a question. You draft this guy immediately.

Yea ... for the same reasons the Rams like him and will grab him @1.

But don't despair McD ... my gut tells me the Skins will pull off the spectacular and trade up to grab Sam.

Look for a package including the Skins # 1, a conditional choice from 2011, and Carter.

They might even throw in Campbell for nothing.

You seem to have some sort of sense that nobody but you knows what is going on or knows anything or watches football. Yes, I've watched Bradford play. How is it you know I don't? Because I don't call him by his nickname? Seriously?

I did see him take some snaps from under center in the games I watched. And guess what? A great many of them were running plays. He didn't drop back and pass all that much. It is interesting that if you watch youtube highlights of him passing...they are almost always from the gun. If he dropped back and passed from under center as much as you are apparently claiming, why wouldn't some of his highlights, the best of his plays, show that?

Never a question about him going first last year? When he announced he was returning the whole draft process hadn't really even gotten into gear. But, hey, Casserly said so. And this year? It has only been recently that he has catapulted into the #1 spot. Most mocks before the combine, where he was bulked up, had Clausen going ahead of him. But hey, nevermind that, right? He is the best prospect since Peyton Manning. Why? Because you say so, apparently.

As for the rest of your post, it really is just over the top gushing and yelling from a soapbox without much to really respond to. But I think most of us are pretty used to your histrionics. I especially love the "EASILY the best prospect since Manning" part. Don't think I've heard that yet on here, even from the most die hard Bradford fan. Certainly haven't heard anything like it from any analysts or scouts. But hey, I guess we'll see how well he does with the Rams this year. Then we can revisit it I suppose. Who knows, maybe the Rams will sign Betts and they will make the greatest rusher/passer duo in history.

No offense, but your sig suits you.

Do you honestly think he'll be true to that form when its not the only thing he has to think about? I have a feeling that as soon as he lines up under center and has to read a defense pre-snap, he'll return to his poor mechanics. I dont even want to imagine what he'll look like when he has to read through his progressions, all while being chased by Demarcus Ware.

:ols: No thank you!!

Both McCoy and LeFevor are intriguing as 2nd/3rd day picks.

In 6 weeks what he did was work on his throwing motion and footwork enough so that he would be able to do it differently for a while in front of scouts. In 6 weeks that wouldn't be hard to do, especially if he had plenty of help doing it. He threw for a while in shorts, with no defenders rushing, to a guy who was running the exact routes he expected and had nobody defending him. I would bet money that if you put him in an actual game situation right now you wouldn't even see a glimpse of "Tebow 2.0". He would go straight back to his old mechanics......

I guess I shoulda kept reading, beat me to it. Well said.

You seem to have some sort of sense that nobody but you knows what is going on or knows anything or watches football. Yes, I've watched Bradford play. How is it you know I don't? Because I don't call him by his nickname? Seriously?

I did see him take some snaps from under center in the games I watched. And guess what? A great many of them were running plays. He didn't drop back and pass all that much. It is interesting that if you watch youtube highlights of him passing...they are almost always from the gun. If he dropped back and passed from under center as much as you are apparently claiming, why wouldn't some of his highlights, the best of his plays, show that?

Never a question about him going first last year? When he announced he was returning the whole draft process hadn't really even gotten into gear. But, hey, Casserly said so. And this year? It has only been recently that he has catapulted into the #1 spot. Most mocks before the combine, where he was bulked up, had Clausen going ahead of him. But hey, nevermind that, right? He is the best prospect since Peyton Manning. Why? Because you say so, apparently.

As for the rest of your post, it really is just over the top gushing and yelling from a soapbox without much to really respond to. But I think most of us are pretty used to your histrionics. I especially love the "EASILY the best prospect since Manning" part. Don't think I've heard that yet on here, even from the most die hard Bradford fan. Certainly haven't heard anything like it from any analysts or scouts. But hey, I guess we'll see how well he does with the Rams this year. Then we can revisit it I suppose. Who knows, maybe the Rams will sign Betts and they will make the greatest rusher/passer duo in history.

well, well, smart guy....I would say you're opinion is out to lunch when speaking of Bradford.

I am an Oklahoma Sooner season ticket holder and watched EVERY snap/game Bradford ever played in while wearing The Crimson & Cream at OU.

I will take off my Crimson colored glasses for a moment and still say....YES...he is THAT GOOD.

there were MANY games where he would complete 15/15 or 18/18.... 20+ completions where he did not throw an incomplete pass until deep into the game.....his accuracy was PHENOMINAL.....

He was also....and you can quote me on this...."A COMPLETELY BETTER PLAYER IN COLLEGE THAN PEYTON MANNING EVER WAS"

will that translate to the NFL....even for me that is hard to imagine, Peyton at this point is probably the Greatest QB on the Planet and a HOF lock.

but...college....i'd take Sam ALL DAY!

and you are completely ignorent to the fact that Sam was UNDOUBTABLY the best QB if he where to come out in last years draft. He would be playing for the Lion's right now if he had.....Stafford was completely second rate to Sam in 2008.....he won the Heisman with the highest scoring offense EVER in college football in 2008....Stafford was not even close.

between the 5-6 full sooner games i've watched with bradford at the helm, i can honestly say this guy is unbelievably accurate. i don't know how that will change when he's primarily taking snaps under center, but from what i remember and have seen, he is deadly. i don't think he makes it past the rams, which kind of sucks b/c that's what the redskins need right now. plan 1a= bradford plan 1b=okung

ONE MORE THING....

He did VERY much drop back from under center in 2008, there was a ton of play action, 3 & 5 step dropbacks from that year.....He threw from the Gun as well...no doubt...

but as I said before.....that Offense, was THE MOST PROLIFIC and highest scoring offense EVER to step on a college football field....again I say.....EVER.

1 QB > 4,000 yds passing

2 RB > 1,000 yds rushing

2 WR > 1,000 yds recieving

^

prior to 2008......THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE.....E V E R

Peyton Manning vs Sam Bradford

****college****

Peyton Manning SR 1997

1997 477/287 60.37 3,819 37 11

Sam Bradford (rs)SO 2008

2008 483/328 67.9% 4,720 50 8

SAY SOMETHING....PLEASE

Wow. You are going nuts on here. Relax.

And why are we talking about college stats? There have been so freaking many college QBs who have put up great numbers in college and did zero in the NFL. Bradford put up great numbers. Woo! I haven't watched as many games as you have, obviously, but I have watched him play before. He is accurate. But he also tended to have PLENTY of time to throw the ball and I can't count the number of times he threw to someone who was very open even by college standards. He also doesn't have to do much reading of defenses at the LOS. Mostly no huddle spread with the sideline calling the defensive looks and plays. THAT is something he is going to take some time to adjust to in the NFL.

As far as the Bradford/Stafford thing, we'll just have to disagree. People are wary of spread QBs nowadays and generally with pretty good reason. I think the Lions would still have taken Stafford because of the experience in a pro style offense as well as his skillset. Sanchez I think is a wash with Bradford. He had limited starts but he also played in a pro style offense, against top notch defenses, and looked very good.

But hey, he is your boy, so good luck to him in St Louis. I really hope they don't throw him to the wolves.

Archived