Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Release: REDSKINS SIGN REX GROSSMAN

JimmiJo

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

March 17, 2010

REDSKINS SIGN REX GROSSMAN

LOUDOUN COUNTY, VA – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed free agent quarterback Rex Grossman. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Grossman, 29, has played in 37 career games, with 31 starts, in his seven-year career. He has completed 524-of-971 for 6,197 yards, with 33 touchdowns and 36 interceptions.

Grossman (6-1, 217) spent last season with Houston, where he worked with current Redskins Offensive Coordinator Kyle Shanahan, who served in the same capacity for the Texans.

Prior to his stint in Houston, Grossman played the previous six years with Chicago, who selected him in the first round (No. 22 overall) of the 2003 NFL Draft . In 2006, Grossman led the Bears to a 13-3 record and their first Super Bowl appearance since 1985. That season, he started all 16 regular season games, and set career highs as he completed 262-of-480 passes for 3,193 yards, 23 touchdowns and 20 interceptions. He also started all three postseason contests.

Grossman starred collegiately at the University of Florida, where he was the runner-up for the Heisman Trophy in 2002, and finished his career as the all-time leading passer in school and Southeastern Conference history.

A native of Bloomington, Ind., Grossman was born Aug. 23, 1980.

Neet. He's no answer to the QB position, but he allows the Skins to trade JC if they can find willing partner and still not start a rookie if they don't want to. You can do a lot worse for a backup QB.

Try and forget he is a 1st rd bust, and view him as he is, a nice journeyman QB backup a la Gus Ferrotte.

I don't know what to think about this...

I mean if darn near everyone is up in arms about Jason being a mediocre QB, then what are they gonna say now? In my oppinion, this guy makes Jason look like a Pro Bowler...

But... this could all be a ploy. Maybe something is immenet. Like trading Jason and still picking up a QB in the draft. Grossman is familiar with Kyle's system when he was with Houston last year. The could theroetically start Rex this year while the Rook gets up to speed. Trade jason for more picks to shore up the O-Line and other key positions. I don't know where we're going with this. But, it' only one year....

I don't know what to think about this...

I mean if darn near everyone is up in arms about Jason being a mediocre QB, then what are they gonna say now? In my oppinion, this guy makes Jason look like a Pro Bowler...

But... this could all be a ploy. Maybe something is immenet. Like trading Jason and still picking up a QB in the draft. Grossman is familiar with Kyle's system when he was with Houston last year. The could theroetically start Rex this year while the Rook gets up to speed. Trade jason for more picks to shore up the O-Line and other key positions. I don't know where we're going with this. But, it' only one year....

At least Rex can sling the ball and sometimes hit his target

He is there to help tutor the other QB's in the new system?

This is what I was just going to say. He's familiar with Kyle Shanahan's system, so he can help JC and the other QBs get up to speed. Even if we draft a rookie, someone else that knows all of the terminology could help them get up to speed that much faster.

Archived