Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Release: REDSKINS SIGN REX GROSSMAN

JimmiJo

Hopefully, he never takes a single meaningful snap for us. And that Super Bowl bit is misleading, he didn't lead the Bears there, Brian Urlacher and the defense lead the Bears to that game.

Yep. Not to mention that his points scored were usually off of incredibly short field position from turnovers that the Bears created.

Relax guys. Yes Grossman sucks but he was only brought in to tutor since he played under Kyle Shanahan at Houston. That's it nothing more. How many teams have a solid backup anyway, if a backup QB needs to get on the field for an extended time you're screwed.

It seems like the Skins have made moves in recent years making us the laughing stock of the NFL. Hopefully this will not turn out to be one of those. Who knows with a decent line if he ever plays, he might be ok

No he won't be...AT ALL. I watched him play in Chicago. He's also not 6'1, struggles to see over an offensive line, and will often guess where a receiver will be...leading to interceptions.

So, the plan seems to be to sign Grossman, try to trade JC for at least a 4th round pick, then draft Clausen or McCoy.

Grossman is probably not as good as JC, but this may be our last opportunity to get anything for JC. JC is a decent qb, but he won't win a championship and we need to rebuild. For that we need draft picks, especially in this draft that is loaded. Grossman can hold down the fort until the rookie is ready to go, especially since Grossman knows K. Shanahan's system. Who knows, Grossman could do what Orton did in Denver. I'd bet against that, but stranger things have happened.

My thoughts exactly...I love this move, especially given his familiarity to Kyle's system...loving this new regime...

So, the plan seems to be to sign Grossman, try to trade JC for at least a 4th round pick, then draft Clausen or McCoy.

Grossman is probably not as good as JC, but this may be our last opportunity to get anything for JC. JC is a decent qb, but he won't win a championship and we need to rebuild. For that we need draft picks, especially in this draft that is loaded. Grossman can hold down the fort until the rookie is ready to go, especially since Grossman knows K. Shanahan's system. Who knows, Grossman could do what Orton did in Denver. I'd bet against that, but stranger things have happened.

Not at all. Grossman = garbage. He can't do ****, in any game that he plays, we will lose, I guarantee it, he's just that bad.

I think it's because Rex is a known quantity to Mike and Kyle. He has played under Kyle's system. In addition, Rex has had more success in the league. We're looking for a backup/mentor, and Rex fits the bill.

Rex hasn't had success in this league. He's not a backup/mentor type of QB either. He fits no bill. I want this guy off the team.

Hmm familiar with the system, thus already the #2 QB and a late round pick could go to grooming a young QB and saying goodbye to the Cult of Colt.

Rex Grossman and Larry The Spitter Johnson in the same Redskins Backfield will be good for the local economy. They should increase liquor sales and remotes flung into walls.

:ols: The last part is definitely right.

QB's are usually system players. I am not going to hold Grossman's past against him. Let's see what he does from this point forward. He deserves a fresh start as much as anyone else. If he isn't good enough, then he will get cut.

You must not have seen him play before. You 100% have to take how badly he played in Chicago.

Rex hasn't had success in this league. He's not a backup/mentor type of QB either. He fits no bill. I want this guy off the team.

dude, step away from the keyboard for a minute. Breathe. It's gonna be ok. I understand you think he sucks, but you are overreacting a lot here. you're points are noted. :ols:

Logic is not an attribute that can be associated with many posters here on ES. The fact that only a few people have put together the fact that Sexy Rexy was in Houston with K. Shanahan tells me that some people just don't pay attention, or they want to ***** about everything.

what site do you think you're on...there is no logic here...this is ES ;) You must need more sleep, the lil one must be keeping you awake.

Well you will need to contact the brain-trust of the Washington Redskins. Mike and Kyle Shanahan are the people that evaluated him and felt that he was a viable choice to help our football team. I will go with their evaluation.

WTF??? I want to see a new QB here in the draft to compete with JC' date=' but as far as Grossman, JC>>>>>Grossman[/quote']

That's what makes him the backup! :D Most of the guys here that want to draft a QB are willing to concede the 2010 season anyway. who cares who holds the place to rookie QB X?

Pretty much. The guy is a backup, nothing more.
It's one thing to give your opinion, but I love how some of you just absolutely know what's going to happen.:ols:

How do you know that Grossman isn't going to battle for a starting position? How do you know that we didn't sign Grossman so that we can maybe trade Campbell?

My point is...you just don't know.

Well you will need to contact the brain-trust of the Washington Redskins. Mike and Kyle Shanahan are the people that evaluated him and felt that he was a viable choice to help our football team. I will go with their evaluation.

I saw just about every Grossman game when I lived in Chicago. It was horrible. Kyle Orton looked like a savior compared to him.

Archived