Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

M. Shanahan Calling plays?

nebster21

Shyamalan had to be responsible for the Swinging Gate fiasco last year.

The last thing anyone expected was for us to do the same stupid play again! TWIST! SWERVE!

I'm sorry, but am I the only one who almost died laughing because I didn't want to kill the person sitting next to me when they saw that? That moment completely personified the Jim Zorn era in a nutshell.

Even the announcers were like WTF?

Thank God that's over. :)

I'm sorry, but am I the only one who almost died laughing because I didn't want to kill the person sitting next to me when they saw that? That moment completely personified the Jim Zorn era in a nutshell.

Oh I was right there with you man. After about 10 games last year, I was pretty much the Redskins fan in the corner (I'm the only Skins fan that shows up at my local sports bar, other than 1 guy who maybe makes one or two games a year) with a buzzing laughing at how bad my team was.

Another "Doh!" moment was when JC hit the ref in the head with the ball. Couldn't help but laugh at that. It helped ease the pain...that and 1 dollar PBR's.

Oh I was right there with you man. After about 10 games last year, I was pretty much the Redskins fan in the corner (I'm the only Skins fan that shows up at my local sports bar, other than 1 guy who maybe makes one or two games a year) with a buzzing laughing at how bad my team was.

Another "Doh!" moment was when JC hit the ref in the head with the ball. Couldn't help but laugh at that. It helped ease the pain...that and 1 dollar PBR's.

:laugh:

I also agree, when the swing happened initially I was like, whoa whoa what's going on?? This is kinda different and cool. Then they called time out and we were left to think about what just happened and what will happened, and no way will we see it again (unless our coaches are as dumb as we don't want them to be...) and then bam. The swing. Again. Facepalm.... embarrassment... :rubeyes:

Usually its a good idea to look into details before creating a thread. Just FYI.

everybody was giving him grief because he was not calling plays. Everyone was like what does he do if he is the head coach and does not call plays. Shanahan is in the same situation. He is just a motivator according to all of you guys. Shanahan has a DC and a OC. So what does he do that Zorn did not at the end of the season? Oh yeah, Zorn actually called 3rd down plays.

everybody was giving him grief because he was not calling plays. Everyone was like what does he do if he is the head coach and does not call plays. Shanahan is in the same situation. He is just a motivator according to all of you guys. Shanahan has a DC and a OC. So what does he do that Zorn did not at the end of the season? Oh yeah, Zorn actually called 3rd down plays.

I don't know if you just started really paying attention to the redskins or not, but most head coaches do not call plays in the NFL.

As a playcaller, Jim Zorn was horrible, and we did the craziest thing bringing a guy from out of retirement and giving him the duties while forcing Zorn to give them up. It was like a game of shoots and ladders how they got plays called and to JC, and Zorn had to force his way into the loop. The madness from the majority of the fan base was about the utter chaos from this setup, our reputation, and the neutering of Jim Zorn and his respectability among the players.

Shanahan is a superbowl winning HC. His son is a well respected OC and will be calling the plays on offense. No confusion, no FO meddeling, no question who's in charge or how this is going to work. This is completely different from last year.

I still don't understand what you're talking about, man, seriously.

zorn got grief because he was stripped of his playcalling duties, thereby immasculating him as the HC.

I tried the search and it did not work. So from what I read Mike Shanahan is not going to be calling plays. Why are we not giving him the same grief that we gave Zorn when his play calling abilities were taken away?

cause zorn didn't win two super bowls

and cause zorn's play callings were given to a bingo caller and not the OC of the nfl's most prolific passing offense in 2009

I don't know if you just started really paying attention to the redskins or not, but most head coaches do not call plays in the NFL.

As a playcaller, Jim Zorn was horrible, and we did the craziest thing bringing a guy from out of retirement and giving him the duties while forcing Zorn to give them up. It was like a game of shoots and ladders how they got plays called and to JC, and Zorn had to force his way into the loop. The madness from the majority of the fan base was about the utter chaos from this setup, our reputation, and the neutering of Jim Zorn and his respectability among the players.

Shanahan is a superbowl winning HC. His son is a well respected OC and will be calling the plays on offense. No confusion, no FO meddeling, no question who's in charge or how this is going to work. This is completely different from last year.

I still don't understand what you're talking about, man, seriously.

I made that exact point last year about only 10 percent of coaches calling plays and no one seemed to understand that. 9 out of 10 people were like what does he do if he does not call plays. I am just wondering why people flamed Zorn for not having play calling duty and now they just completely ignore the fact that M Shanahan is not calling plays. Trust me I am in no way backing up Zorn or saying that Shanahan should not be our coach but I just want to know why people were picking on Zorn saying he did nothing for our team when Shanahan is doing the same thing as him.

I made that exact point last year about only 10 percent of coaches calling plays and no one seemed to understand that. 9 out of 10 people were like what does he do if he does not call plays. I am just wondering why people flamed Zorn for not having play calling duty and now they just completely ignore the fact that M Shanahan is not calling plays. Trust me I am in no way backing up Zorn or saying that Shanahan should not be our coach but I just want to know why people were picking on Zorn saying he did nothing for our team when Shanahan is doing the same thing as him.

again, zorn got "flamed" because HE decided, as HC, to call the plays. he then proceeded to suck so monumentally bad at it that the duty was taken away from him by his boss.

Because Zorn tried and failed in his first sting as a head coach and was replaced by a bingo caller.

Shanahan is an established coach and has his son, a proven offensive coordinator, calling the plays.

I'm really not sure how you're drawing parallels between these two situations. Shanahan didn't have the duties taken from him because he stunk, he's allowing his staff to work and he's focusing on being the head coach.

This ^.

I don't really understand the point of this thread.

Archived