Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Schefter Twitter: Boldin to Baltimore

kevincollateral

boldin is washed up and the ravens are cheap. They should have gone after Marshall. What the ravens need to do now is get T.O.

Ernie needs a tall WR, not an over the hill player like boldin.

We don't need an over the hill player, but we need to go after TO?

Plus he played in a pro style offense in Arizona...not what he is getting in BMore.

Too bad the Ravens didn't do this while they had a super bowl caliber defense.

Oh boy, here we go again.

The Ravens offense scored more points than the Cardinals did last year, but I'm sure you'll ignore that.

I'm not sure I should waste my time waiting for a response, but what exactly is your definition of a SB caliber defense? The Saints allowed 341 points in 2009, the Colts allowed 307 in 2009; the Cardinals allowed 426 points in 2008 and the Steelers allowed 224 points in 2008; the Patriots and Giants allowed 274 and 351 points respectively in 2007.

These are superbowl caliber defenses. Baltimore allowed 261 points in their first year with a new defensive coordinator (2009). I'd say it matches up quite well, but you just can't say anthing good about the Ravens so I don't expect you to agree.

We don't need an over the hill player, but we need to go after TO?

And Boldin is what?????

If T.O. wasn't such a pain he would be on a better team. If the ravens were going after a washed up WR, why not T.O. instead. I actually think Lewis would keep T.O. in check or knock him out. Either way he's what the ravens need. They didn't trade a lot for him so its ok, but they should go after T.O.

The ravens defense stinks, your upside is that online and the running game. Flacco is barely touched and if they can get a TALL WR to help him out, the ravens would stop being that boring team everyone doesn't talk about.

If that's true Baltimore stole Boldin.

Arizona had a chance to trade Boldin to Dallas awhile back as I recall before Jones got Roy Williams and would have received much better compensation.

Cardinals don't appear ready to sustain their recent good play. Too many players are bailing out of Arizona in free agency and in trades for them to keep continuity.

And Boldin is what?????

If T.O. wasn't such a pain he would be on a better team. If the ravens were going after a washed up WR, why not T.O. instead. I actually think Lewis would keep T.O. in check or knock him out. Either way he's what the ravens need. They didn't trade a lot for him so its ok, but they should go after T.O.

The ravens defense stinks, your upside is that online and the running game. Flacco is barely touched and if they can get a TALL WR to help him out, the ravens would stop being that boring team everyone doesn't talk about.

Boldin is 7 years younger and more productive and less whiny than TO.

The Ravens already have some unpleasant history with Owens so that's not likely to happen.

What the heck are you talking about? The Ravens had the third best defense in the league. Flacco has been sacked 68 times in two years... not exactly untouched.

Lol @ the Ravens not being talked about. If back to back playoff appearances are boring, bring it on again.

Boldin is 7 years younger and more productive and less whiny than TO.

The Ravens already have some unpleasant history with Owens so that's not likely to happen.

What the heck are you talking about? The Ravens had the third best defense in the league. Flacco has been sacked 68 times in two years... not exactly untouched.

Lol @ the Ravens not being talked about. If back to back playoff appearances are boring, bring it on again.

It completely slipped my mind that the ravens were in the playoffs. When you get to a point where the ravens need a TALL WR and boldin is either injuried or not living up to the hype than you'll say, "soup was right".

Flacco holds the ball tooo long, I'm done with this, I hate the ravens

Hey, I didn't have to start a topic.

Now the question is: how will his fragile frame hold up?

Well he did come back a couple weeks after breaking his face once. If he can play he will do it at least. I know the Zona playoff run makes you nervous but he isn't that frail imo.

If that's true Baltimore stole Boldin.

Arizona had a chance to trade Boldin to Dallas awhile back as I recall before Jones got Roy Williams and would have received much better compensation.

Cardinals don't appear ready to sustain their recent good play. Too many players are bailing out of Arizona in free agency and in trades for them to keep continuity.

Yeah they're losing alot of good players, but they are in a weak division. If they can hold off San Fran for a little longer, they can go back to the playoffs.

Adam_Schefter

Done deal: Arizona trades WR Anquan Boldin and a 2010 fifth-round pick to Baltimore for Ravens 2010 third- and fourth-round picks.

That may be it in terms of what the team has to get him, but the cost of ripping up his deal and inking him to a long term deal will be expensive and probably not worth it. Baltimore needs a premier receiver for sure, but they are going to be paying through the nose for this trade.

Arizona's window is officially closed. Warner, Boldin, Dansby, Rolle. That's a pretty brutal foursome to lose.

I wouldn't say that exactly. Like mentioned earlier, they play in the NFC West. Which team is gonna step up and challenge them? Seattle? Rebuilding. Rams? Puh-Lease. San Fran? Slim chance. If Leinart can play somewhat decently, don't see why they don't at least win the title.

Boldin, Stallworth, Clayton, Williams suddenly represents a pretty formidable group of receivers.

They can go into the draft and look for quality players who won't be expected to produce immediately at CB, LB, and TE.

That organization does things the right way.

I'll second that, I think that Ozzie's last few drafts have been spectacular, especially with value BPA in the later rounds. It will be interesting to see what they will do this year.

i think that their gonna be a great team to watch this year, especially with big ben in some heated trouble. i feel as cincinatti was a one hit wonder this year, but we'll se. i still dont feel their d is as good as people make it seem to be. but back to subject...thats a great trade.. and now he can be their #1 wide receiver. i think baltimoer will start to pass alot more now like they did in the beginning of the season. not sure why they abandoned it especially against the pats in the playofffs but ray rice was doin DAMAGE.

My thoughts exactly. We give up 3rd and 4th round picks for Lloyd and Ducket and Baltimore gets a better player and get back a 5th rounder. Wow!
Shows how much people saw the Skins coming and overpriced the players that the Skins coveted. Danny was played, over and over.

Last 12 games since the bye last year Flacco averaged 180ypg with 0.8 TDs. In all of his playoff games (5) Flacco has averaged 132ypg with total 1TD and 6INT.

Boldin must be drooling at the thought of grabbing some of that 180ypg pie!

They get a proven stud for essentially the same price that the Redskins paid for Brandon Lloyd, who had never even had 100 yards at the time. What was Joe Gibbs thinking that year?????

That Lloyd was young, had a lot of upside and could be good for many years. Unfortunately, it didn't work out, and Lloyd himself had a lot to do with that.

The value which Baltimore had gotten Boldin goes to speak to how much his value has dropped. A couple years ago, a 1st round pick wouldn't have been enough to dislodge him. It's a good move on Baltimore's part, because when he's healthy he'll still be a good receiver for him, but you do have to question how much he has left.

Boldin and a 5th for Ravens 3rd and 4th round picks. Wow what a steal, now i know that majority thinks that we're set at the WR position and i kinda agree with you guys but the two youngsters though got mad potentials are still unproven, and Santana is 30. I mean wouldn't it have been a steal for us for the number of picks that baltimore gave up?

Edit: oh and by the way 2 years ago we were willing to give up 2 first rounders for this guy , but Arizona turned it down, but a 3rd a 4th? a no brainer

Archived