Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Schefter Twitter: Boldin to Baltimore

kevincollateral

Boldin, Stallworth, Clayton, Williams suddenly represents a pretty formidable group of receivers.

They can go into the draft and look for quality players who won't be expected to produce immediately at CB, LB, and TE.

That organization does things the right way.

Boldin, Stallworth, Clayton, Williams suddenly represents a pretty formidable group of receivers.

They can go into the draft and look for quality players who won't be expected to produce immediately at CB, LB, and TE.

That organization does things the right way.

Fragile, Hasn't Played Since 2008, Bust, and Has Never Done Anything in His Career probably won't make many teams tremble.

Mason needs to be re-signed before I can get excited.

I like the trade. Lol, Ozzie got them to give us a pick.

No if he can stay healthy...

Wow!!! Best offseason move to date. Great move for Baltimore.... Horrible for Arizona

depending on who they draft....most likely won't be a Boldin type guy.

It's not horrible at all. They know what they have in Breaston and that Larry Fitz guy is pretty decent too. If Matt Leinhart is under center, you know they're probably going to run more anyway.

All in all they got some valuable mid round picks in exchange for an aging receiver who already gave them his best years.

Arizona has plenty of good receivers. Besides Fitz, they have Breaston and Doucet. Not bad at all. Boldin had already expressed his desire to leave and Arizona was still able to keep him one year longer than they should have thanks to Warner's return.

Fragile, Hasn't Played Since 2008, Bust, and Has Never Done Anything in His Career probably won't make many teams tremble.

Mason needs to be re-signed before I can get excited.

Boldin is better than Mason was last year, Stallworth, even a year removed from football, is better than Clayton was last year, Clayton, last year's starter, is now playing from a more natural slot position. Williams is kind of a bum and I agree he isn't making anyone tremble, but since when did teams have 4th receivers who made other teams tremble? Which 4th string receiver in the league currently makes you tremble?

It's not horrible at all. They know what they have in Breaston and that Larry Fitz guy is pretty decent too. If Matt Leinhart is under center, you know they're probably going to run more anyway.

All in all they got some valuable mid round picks in exchange for an aging receiver who already gave them his best years.

He's only 29. I might be biased because I really like the guy but he could have his best years ahead of him. I don't think he's reached his ceiling yet, and is a bit underrated.

It's not a terrible trade for Arizona (eta: since he was looking to be gone anyway [?] so at least they got something decent for him) but it's a great trade for Baltimore.

Boldin is better than Mason was last year, Stallworth, even a year removed from football, is better than Clayton was last year, Clayton, last year's starter, is now playing from a more natural slot position. Williams is kind of a bum and I agree he isn't making anyone tremble, but since when did teams have 4th receivers who made other teams tremble? Which 4th string receiver in the league currently makes you tremble?

Boldin is better than Mason was last year?

Boldin

receptions: 84

yards: 1024

average: 12.2

Tds: 4 (5 with rushes)

Longest reception: 44

first down receptions: 49 (58.3% of catches)

Mason:

avg: 14.1

tds: 7

Longest reception: 72

First down receptions: 55 (75.% of catches)

Hey I was just replying to a post that said that group is formidable. I see no evidence of this.

He's only 29. I might be biased because I really like the guy but he could have his best years ahead of him. I don't think he's reached his ceiling yet, and is a bit underrated.

It's not a terrible trade for Arizona (eta: since he was looking to be gone anyway [?] so at least they got something decent for him) but it's a great trade for Baltimore.

I seriously doubt that he has his best years ahead of him. When is the last time he played 16 games? He might not be old in the literal sense, but his body is beat up beyond his years.

I seriously doubt that he has his best years ahead of him. When is the last time he played 16 games? He might not be old in the literal sense, but his body is beat up beyond his years.

Well, he's played in 55 games over the past four years. Some comparisons: Andre Johnson played in 57, Steve Smith (Panthers) played in 58, Fitzgerald and Ocho played in 60, Randy Moss in 61. Boldin has the best yards-per-game of any of them, though the worst yards-per-catch, so he's involved quite a bit. [oops, edited to add: the ypg/ypc is for career, not just the last four years, so he may have declined more than I thought, but I don't feel like calculating all of their last four years!]

I don't see any reason to think he won't have very productive years ahead, and if he's the #1 receiver in Baltimore rather than #2 behind Fitz he might have better numbers.

Well, he's played in 55 games over the past four years. Some comparisons: Andre Johnson played in 57, Steve Smith (Panthers) played in 58, Fitzgerald and Ocho played in 60, Randy Moss in 61. Boldin has the best yards-per-game of any of them, though the worst yards-per-catch, so he's involved quite a bit. [oops, edited to add: the ypg/ypc is for career, not just the last four years, so he may have declined more than I thought, but I don't feel like calculating all of their last four years!]

I don't see any reason to think he won't have very productive years ahead, and if he's the #1 receiver in Baltimore rather than #2 behind Fitz he might have better numbers.

It's not as bad as I thought, although Boldin does have some trouble making through entire games. You might be right...

I doubt his numbers will go up though. Baltimore isn't nearly as pass happy as Ari, and he's not going to have Larry taking away the number one corners anymore.

boldin is washed up and the ravens are cheap. They should have gone after Marshall. What the ravens need to do now is get T.O.

Ernie needs a tall WR, not an over the hill player like boldin.

Plus he played in a pro style offense in Arizona...not what he is getting in BMore.

Too bad the Ravens didn't do this while they had a super bowl caliber defense.

Archived