Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Clifton to visit Redskins

Levi Jones was tied for next to last in LT rankings last year. He was attrocious. Clifton was 30 spots AHEAD of him. Is 30 spots enough of an upgrade for you? Because it sure its for me.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=T&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

i keep reading that people were pretty happy with levi and i dont know why.

edit- maybe it has something to do with him starting when lewis starting calling plays, and the O looked so much better?

Tony Pashos 6' 6" 326 lbs.

Chad Clifton 6' 5" 320 lbs.

are these the kind of guys you get for zone blocking scheme?

I think GB does run a ZBS. Not sure about San Fran. It's not how big you are, it's how smart you are and how well you move. Big is a added bonus. ;)

I think GB does run a ZBS. Not sure about San Fran. It's not how big you are, it's how smart you are and how well you move. Big is a added bonus. ;)

you are right of course but i thought you needed smaller athletic types. these guys are big. just trying to figure out whats going through the minds of the skins brain trust at the moment. would not be a bad thing to sign these players they are definitely needed.

I can see us frontloading contracts this free agency, as this will allow us to plan if FA comes back in 2011. So I don't see a problem with giving him a 3 year deal close to his requirements. Then again, it isn't my money I'm spending.

I think you mean 'salary cap' ;) If FA doesn't come back next year we'll have bigger problems.

Tony Pashos 6' 6" 326 lbs.

Chad Clifton 6' 5" 320 lbs.

are these the kind of guys you get for zone blocking scheme?

I've seen that Clifton has a lot of experience with the ZBS. Not sure on Pashos.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post?id=19345

Ryan Clady is 6-6 325 and did well for Shanny. I think a more traditional LT is still the way to go, even in Shanny's system. Just needs to be athletic.

I've seen that Clifton has a lot of experience with the ZBS. Not sure on Pashos.

Ryan Clady is 6-6 325 and did well for Shanny. I think a more traditional LT is still the way to go, even in Shanny's system.

i totally agree. big moose LT that can execute football moves are kind of rare as far as humans go. be good to sign him up.

Levi Jones was tied for next to last in LT rankings last year. He was attrocious. Clifton was 30 spots AHEAD of him. Is 30 spots enough of an upgrade for you? Because it sure its for me.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=T&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

Isn't it wierd that people seem to think that Levi Jones played well even though an injured Heyer was better at RT then a healthy Jones was at LT?

I might be alone but if we improve at LT and Heyer is healthy at RT were instantly improved on the OL but then again that still isn't saying much.

That site pretty much proves we had the worst offensive line in football last year. EASILY. Literally any offensive lineman pickup would be an upgrade. I dont care if they are just stop gaps and they are 30+.

Isn't it wierd that people seem to think that Levi Jones played well even though an injured Heyer was better at RT then a healthy Jones was at LT?

I might be alone but if we improve at LT and Heyer is healthy at RT were instantly improved on the OL but then again that still isn't saying much.

Heyer should never be starting at OT again for this team.

He is simply not good. Bring in Clifton and Pashos to replace him, and keep him as experience depth.

Signing a guy at LT would upgrade the line alot. Signing a guy at RT would upgrade it even more. Heyer was in the bottom 5 of the league. That is how bad it was last year. Even "ok" guys would be a vast improvment.

I like the idea of bringing in Clifton for a couple of years while we draft and develop his heir apparent. $7 Mil is an awful lot though and the guy is injury prone. I'm okay with this move IF we also supplement it with drafting a LT(preferably in the 2nd round). Relying on Clifton to stay healthy would be very Vinny-esque.

Not a fan of Clifton, Lavar and Dukes were just talking about how he got schooled by Demarcus Ware and Peppers last year.

Schooled by two of the best pass rushers in the league? Damn. He is still the best replacement we could make today.

This is great. Our O line will be fixed, between FAs, the Draft, returning guys who could play and by simply running a better scheme.

We are pretty good on skill players and only need a QB upgrade.

We are going to win some football games next year and it's exciting.:point2sky

It sucks to be used. But if this is true, it may force us to take Okung in the draft. :)

Forcing us into draft position isn't something to smile about. We need depth, and he's the BEST possible way to make this O-line better RIGHT NOW. We're in a very sticky situation which Vinny left us in with ZERO quality O-lineman and roughly 5 draft picks and right now the FA list is complete ****.

We're being ****ed by the system right now.

Forcing us into draft position isn't something to smile about. We need depth, and he's the BEST possible way to make this O-line better RIGHT NOW. We're in a very sticky situation which Vinny left us in with ZERO quality O-lineman and roughly 5 draft picks and right now the FA list is complete ****.

We're being ****ed by the system right now.

Right now, I'm downright scared that we'll take Bradford in the draft. If we're "forced" to take Okung in the draft - I'm smiling. :)

Archived