Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Adam Schefter: Rogers gets 1st Round Tender

Farbod21

Is it the first round tender, or the original round tender? I know in theory they both equal a first rounder, but can we except less in a trade for 'Los than a first if its the original tender, as we could if it was the actual first round tender? Am I making sense? Who knows!

We tendered him at the original round tender. Since he was a first round pick compensation is a first round pick but the dollar amount is different. In either case the Redskins can still trade him for any amount another team is willing to offer.

Is it the first round tender, or the original round tender? I know in theory they both equal a first rounder, but can we except less in a trade for 'Los than a first if its the original tender, as we could if it was the actual first round tender? Am I making sense? Who knows!

You can't give a player who was drafted in the first round the original round tender. You have to give him the first round tender.

Fortunately for Skins, LOS was drafted in the first so they could offer the lowest tender amount and the round in which he was drafted. Otherwise, his tender amount would have been higher to get to that 1st rounder.

Hope we keep him, long as we don't break the bank.

He can cover opponents #1, and tackles well. Even if he never develops the hands for INTs, he's a good starter for us.

Wrong. If a QB isnt scared of getting picked off he will continue to throw your way. He cant cover perfectly on every play. Fear of big INT is a CB's biggest weapon against a QB.

Wrong. If a QB isnt scared of getting picked off he will continue to throw your way. He cant cover perfectly on every play. Fear of big INT is a CB's biggest weapon against a QB.

Just because he doesn't make picks doesn't mean he's not a solid starter. He is what he is at this point. He still gets deflections, even if they are just dropped picks.

I guess that means that the Auburn boys aren't going anywhere.

I'd disagree with that. It means that now that they have been tendered, they can be traded for whatever our FO wants to accept. If they aren't, they'll be back, hopefully utilized better by a coaching staff that knows what the **** its doing. Either way, its better than last season in some way or another.

Actually if Rogers was tendered at the original round level (level 2) then we will get a second round pick for him if a team signs him to an offer sheet and we don't match.

The reason? Upgraded tenders. Doughty, Golston and Heyer got upgraded tenders (higher than their original round) which means to keep players drafted in round 1 & 2 at their original level of compensation in RFA, teams must tender them at the higher levels. If they don't, they lose one draft round in compensation.

Campbell was fine because he got the first round tender (level 4).

......and yes everything can be negotiated in a trade.

Just because he doesn't make picks doesn't mean he's not a solid starter. He is what he is at this point. He still gets deflections, even if they are just dropped picks.

I agree with you that he's solid, and that when the stars align and he plays lights-out, he's good for shutting down top revievers.

The issue with that is, he doesn't always play lights-out. Which means that balls get through, even if his coverage is tight. And because he's not a threat to catch ANYTHING, QB's will be willing to throw that ball up there anyways, and against an elite WR, you'd rather the QB be too afraid to throw it in the first place.

Wrong.

A quarterback throws to make a completion, not an, "Eh, what the hell, I'll give it a shot!" heave.

Rogers + press = shut down.

I guess LOS and Rocky can have a pity party this weekend..

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/carlos-rogers-isnt-happy-with.html#comments

"I hate it, man," Rogers said tonight in a phone interview. "That's all I'm going to say. I really don't want to say too much right now. But I don't like it."

"They know they got me for cheap" because of the restriction, Rogers said. "Of course, they're going to use it. They're going to use what they got to keep me here cheap. If you want me there, you could show me. Tendering me is not showing me.

"That's just making it harder for a team to not come get me. I mean, I think they're going to use all their money on the unrestricted guys. That's what I'm hearing. That's just, you know ... there's nothing I can do about it anyway."

Rogers also is frustrated about the likelihood of returning to the Redskins because of the dysfunctional nature of the franchise during his time there, he said. "I've seen guys come and go who have been doing it for our team," Rogers said. "And our chemistry just hasn't been there because we just let them guys go that been the core of our team.

"I guess there's nothing I can do about it. I guess we just have to show up whatever the day is for us to show up or whatever it is. But I don't like it, personally. And it's not just me. It's a whole bunch of guys who feel that way."

Actually if Rogers was tendered at the original round level (level 2) then we will get a second round pick for him if a team signs him to an offer sheet and we don't match.

The reason? Upgraded tenders. Doughty, Golston and Heyer got upgraded tenders (higher than their original round) which means to keep players drafted in round 1 & 2 at their original level of compensation in RFA, teams must tender them at the higher levels. If they don't, they lose one draft round in compensation.

Campbell was fine because he got the first round tender (level 4).

......and yes everything can be negotiated in a trade.

Interesting, I thought that the Redskins had to give him the first round tender, but you sound like you know what you're talking about. So we get a second round pick if someone else signs Rogers. I would have rather given him the first round tender (it's Snyder's money, not ours) because I feel like he's a valuable CB even if he can't catch.

Wrong.

A quarterback throws to make a completion, not an, "Eh, what the hell, I'll give it a shot!" heave.

Rogers + press = shut down.

Rogers+ press= burnt on double moves for tds and no pro bowls in 5 yrs!

Send him packing to the highest bidder bring in d. robinson.

Rogers+ press= burnt on double moves for tds and no pro bowls in 5 yrs!

Send him packing to the highest bidder bring in d. robinson.

Carlos is twice the cornerback that Robinson is. We all know that Carlos can't catch which is why he hasn't made the probowl. But he is a shutdown cornerback in the truest sense. Robinson hasn't had a good season since his rookie year. If he were any good at all, Houston would have tendered him like we did Rogers.

Carlos is such a whiner. We should trade him to the Bengals and let him see what real team chaos looks like each day during the season. Can't wait till he gives up his first touchdown and then provides his excuse to the press. Listening to LOS whine in the Washington Post today too gets old. The coach and the GM has to change the culture of this team and bring in some new guys with better attitudes.

Carlos is twice the cornerback that Robinson is. We all know that Carlos can't catch which is why he hasn't made the probowl. But he is a shutdown cornerback in the truest sense. Robinson hasn't had a good season since his rookie year. If he were any good at all, Houston would have tendered him like we did Rogers.

isnt robinson an ufa? and they did give them the franchise tag last offseason...ive never watched him play but he probably is not worse that rogers

isnt robinson an ufa? and they did give them the franchise tag last offseason...ive never watched him play but he probably is not worse that rogers

They did give him a franchise tag, you're right. Then he held out and ended up playing terribly, but you're right, I don't think they could have tendered him like I said originally.

They did give him a franchise tag, you're right. Then he held out and ended up playing terribly, but you're right, I don't think they could have tendered him like I said originally.

i dont know much about him besides that he can catch better than carlos. i wouldnt mind having him along side rogers and hall but thats not likely :/

Robinson:

Tackles 393

Sacks 4.0

Interceptions 13

LOS:

Tackles 240

Sacks 0.0

Interceptions 6

Better stats better player.

TacklesInterceptionsYearTeamGCombTotalAstSckSFTYPDefIntTDsYdsAvgLng2009Houston Texans 166454100.0--9------0.0--2008Houston Texans 11383530.0--62000.002007Houston Texans 9342950.0--72063.0102006Houston Texans 168269130.00102194.59T2005Houston Texans 168869191.0--91011.012004Houston Texans 168773143.0--136014624.361TOTAL84393329644.0054131162--61

TacklesInterceptionsYearTeamGCombTotalAstSckSFTYPDefIntTDsYdsAvgLng2009Washington Redskins 16393630.0--12------0.0--2008Washington Redskins 16564970.0--24207336.5422007Washington Redskins 7252050.007116161.061T2006Washington Redskins 157967120.0--161000.002005Washington Redskins 12464240.0--220147.014TOTAL66245214310.006161148--61

Woah. :silly:

Archived