Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Adam Schefter: Rogers gets 1st Round Tender

Farbod21

i dont know much about him besides that he can catch better than carlos

But that's going to be very important within Haslett's scheme. He wants to create a high pressure, turnover-machine type defense to go along with the Shanahans' (eventual) high-powered offense. Think saints this year.

His new defensive coaches told Hall that they wanted to get him 10+ interceptions. You think they want a guy across from him who, in the same circumstances, MIGHT catch two of those. Maybe?

I don't hate Carlos, despite his whining. But look at the phrasing above: "want to GET HIM 10+ interceptions". That's important, because they know if they put Hall in that situation, with their scheme, he'll reward them and come through for them by catching the ball, every time.

You want your scheme to put your players in a position to succeed. Maybe Haslett doesn't see Carlos as a guy who can succeed in the type of defense he envisions. I sure don't see it.

after watching los give up on so many plays to me the guy is just an average cb that lacks heart. maybe i'm still holding the yard stick too high. after watching Darrell Green for so many years it just feels like the skins have never regained their former power in the backfield. missing ST right about now as well. whatever. C'est la vie.

Interesting, I thought that the Redskins had to give him the first round tender, but you sound like you know what you're talking about. So we get a second round pick if someone else signs Rogers. I would have rather given him the first round tender (it's Snyder's money, not ours) because I feel like he's a valuable CB even if he can't catch.

I'm trying to get it clarified if it was indeed original round or the first round tender (like Jason's).

Most sites reporting it are saying original round and my contacts have said the same.

Irrespective I doubt we'd get a first or second for him. If we sign Dunta Robinson - or another FA CB - I reckon Shanny & Allen would jump on a third if it was offered.

I seriously dislike Rogers with a passion. I wish some dumb team would take the whining little crybaby ***** with hands made of stone that gets burnt more than toast. I'm sick of his dancing when he does nothing and complaining about everything. He isn't worth a 1st but I understand why the skins did it. Other teams might be interested in him... why I have no idea if they watched the skins the past couple of seasons.

Robinson:

Tackles 393

Sacks 4.0

Interceptions 13

LOS:

Tackles 240

Sacks 0.0

Interceptions 6

Better stats better player.

Another point is that Robinson was always matched up on other teams best receivers.

I say we also take a look at Leigh Bodden (Pats) who is an UFA.

Another point is that Robinson was always matched up on other teams best receivers.

I say we also take a look at Leigh Bodden (Pats) who is an UFA.

I like both of them actually. What do you guys think about signing Robinson AND Bodden then trading Carlos for a 3rd. Looking at Hall, Robinson and Bodden as the nickel package.

I like both of them actually. What do you guys think about signing Robinson AND Bodden then trading Carlos for a 3rd. Looking at Hall, Robinson and Bodden as the nickel package.

:applause: I've been wondering if we plan to move LOS during the draft.

Archived