Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clausen not even throwing at pro day?!?

DTN Redskin

This isn't a big deal for him. This is totally different than Bradford's shoulder. He played with this injury. So now that it is repaired it not a big deal. If he doesn't throw before the draft it doesn't really matter. If he impress coaches with his mind, smarts, and footbal IQ he'll be fine.

He doesn't really have anything to prove with his arm. It would be nice for him to throw before, but It isn't a big deal for me.

Here is the Top 10 NFL Draft Prospects for 2010...MOST LIKELY TO BE GONE BY #4...are...

1. Ndamukong Suh, DT Nebraska

2. Gerald McCoy*, DT Oklahoma

Am I crazy for choosing C.J. Spiller over any other?

3. Russell Okung, OT Oklahoma State

4. Eric Berry*, S Tennessee

5. Derrick Morgan*, DE Georgia Tech

6. Dez Bryant*, WR Oklahoma State

7. Sam Bradford, QB Oklahoma

8. Rolando McClain*, ILB Alabama

9. C.J. Spiller, RB Clemson

10. Joe Haden*, CB Florida

The combine doesn't matter for anybody outside of border line guys. It's only important to begin the networking process with agents and teams, get the medical issues checked out, and do the interviews and take the Wonderlic. This is true for pretty much every position.

Pro Days are a little more important for most positions, since some teams like the workout numbers just to move guys up or down if they're on the fence, but even for a QB it's not that big of an issue, unless you're a Tim Tebow or Tony Pike who has to answer questions about delivery/arm strength/etc.

Scouts can watch the tape of Clausen to see his throws. His biggest issue is going to be his interviews. His 1 on 1 time with coaches will make or break his draft stock.

Y'all sugarcoat this however you want, He is throwing because he isn't worth his vastly skyrocketed stock. Bored football fans have evalated his number much his worth, obviously he can only hurt himself by actually throwing.
I would strongly disagree with this.

If anything, bored football fans have downplayed Clausen's worth.

There are a lot of rumors out there about his personality, his work ethic, some sense of entitlement, etc., that aren't really grounded in any reality, except they're spreading everywhere from people on message boards who just don't like the guy and he's an easy target for that kind of personal criticism.

He could go out there and stand around an empty football field and throw to one of his Notre Dame receivers but it doesn't prove anything one way or the other about the guy.

Just for clarification again, THIS ARTICLE CLEARLY STATES HE'S NOT THROWING AT HIS PRO DAY EITHER not just the combine. We already know he's not throwing at the combine. It is now new news he's not throwing at ND's pro day also. Essentially, he's not throwing at all before the draft- at least to a public audience.

OKAY!!!! ;) Yes. I for one understand what the article in this thread is saying. But for clarification,let me also state that the article from last week said he "could" host a pro day in April after the evaluation. Not "would". "Could." Based on that,again,my guess is that this isn't a surprise to many there. A disappointment maybe,but not a shocker. Scouts and coaches have access to all kinds of information about this type of surgery and recovery time. That and more than likely talking to the source himself. Could it effect his placement in the draft? Maybe. But I doubt it. Teams looking at players like young Mr. Clausen more than likely already know what they're going to do. If this isn't some type of long term injury,then they're going to draft him when they can,regardless of whether or not he throws at the combine or a pro day. They've got more than enough tape on him to see him through,(though seeing it in person is a good thing too). As long as he can make the really important dates like rookie camps or a few of the later ones then he'll be fine.

Y'all sugarcoat this however you want, He isn't throwing because he isn't worth his vastly skyrocketed stock. Bored football fans have evalated his number much higher than his worth, obviously he can only hurt himself by actually throwing.

How can he hurt himself by throwing? He's the second most accurate QB in the draft behind Bradford, and he has a better arm. Why is he overrated? All you said is an opinion with nothing to back it up.

Clausen’s surgically repaired right big toe, which has two pins in it to promote healing will keep him from working out at the NFL combine. Despite some reports that Clausen’s toe would not allow him to work out fully prior to the NFL draft, he maintains that he’ll be all systems go come his April pro day.

“That’s what I’m shooting for, and the doctor said I’ll be ready,” Clausen said. “My scheduled date is April 9th.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Clausen-meets-with-Bills/7b192876-f342-41e5-957a-f4ddf15d2643

. Yep. Good sometimes to wait to hear things from the source.
You've been fairly active in this thread.

Any chance you've already ordered that Clausen Redskins jersey out of sheer anticipation? ;)

(I feel like it's rare to see any of the Mods actually get involved, or I should say, get themselves dirty, with any of the football debates...outside of Zoony maybe)

Did anybody else year JLC say Vinny was part of Team Clausen?!?!?!?!? Scary!
I remember hearing a few months ago that Snyder and Vinny were rumored to have visited Notre Dame to see Clausen practice. I think that's all the rumor was though, which would be a typical vague "Snyder is meddling!!" rumor.

I think at this point we know the drill when it comes to JLC and his views on the Redskins. If anybody is going to resurrect Vinny as a topic, it would be him.

I have a bad feeling Bradford is going to the Rams and Clausen is coming to our team and will be the second coming of Ryan Leaf.

I hope we trade down and pick up some extra picks (OL) if Bradford is selected 1st.

Just out of curiosity...what exactly about Clausen reminds you of Ryan Leaf? I can't really think of much.

Archived