Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Post poll - vast majority want OL drafted

hammerva

From the Washington post online today it was reported that 75% of the people think that they should draft offensive line and only 17% believe that a quarterback should be their first pick. From looking at the results, the majority of the people on this board don't read the Post since every is screaming for a quarterback. At least some people get the real problem with this team.

Results so far from QB at number 4 poll.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

:beatdeadhorse: Seriously? And WHY EXACTLY can we not draft Offensive linemen in the later rounds? Your argument is :pooh:. Screw that poll, we have a chance to get a "Franchise" QB and when we do it will make me :). Drafting Oline with the 4th pick would be a reach and a wasted opportunity IMHO:logo:

i think bradford is. hes accurate, smart, and has a big enough frame that he can add weight to it so it wont be as "lanky" as he currently is.

if his shoulder is good to go, hes our guy. now if his shoulder is not right, id like to see us trade down, and snag two OTs in the first round, and use that 2nd rounder on a runningback or linebacker.

What about replacing Campbell? I think Clausen is going to be a good one as well, him and Bradford are damn close, either one is worth the 4th pick IMHO

:beatdeadhorse: Seriously? And WHY EXACTLY can we not draft Offensive linemen in the later rounds? Your argument is :pooh:. Screw that poll, we have a chance to get a "Franchise" QB and when we do it will make me :). Drafting Oline with the 4th pick would be a reach and a wasted opportunity IMHO:logo:

im telling you, id bet money that if they made a second poll, and the question was, out of the 77% that voted no to a QB, did you vote this way because heath shuler exists.

and my guess would be 69% would say "yes".

why are people so hell bent on drafting OL in the first round? We still have a high 2nd round pick where OL can be addressed or we can trade down our 2nd round pick to aquire an extra 2 or 3 picks to draft OL. Closed mindedness can cause one to become irrational.

Amen

I'm tired of the we have to draft a Tackle at 4 crap. Personally I don't think a tackle is worth that pick. In addition I love Jimmy Clausen and I think he will be the next Aaron Rodgers. So I say draft your QB add more picks by trading Jason and Carlos. then draft oline with those 2nd and 3rd round picks.

What about replacing Campbell? I think Clausen is going to be a good one as well, him and Bradford are damn close, either one is worth the 4th pick IMHO

give colt a shot, sign pennington, sign rex grossman, hell, just get us through 9 or 10 games so we can let bradford finish out the year. next year when were picking in the top 15 we can select another OT, preferably a higher rated one than we take this year. that way we end up with 1st round QB, and 1st and 2nd round bookend tackles, so going into 2011 we have talented guys at key positions on offense. and if bradford is legit, ooooooo budy.

clausen im a little hesitant about, i wouldnt be upset if we got him, but bradford is my #1 choice.

And what makes you think that our FO don't consider Bradford or Clausen as a "reach" at #4 overall? Just because you pick a QB in the top 5 certainly doesn't mean he is suddenly a "franchise QB". If Shanny and Allen decide that neither guy is worth it at #4 and go in a different direction (OL for example) will you ridicule them as well or trust that they know a hell of a lot more than us and made a well thought out decision?

I don't believe that poll.

This is an excellent example of the reptilian brain in action (see tailgate thread from a week ago for more on this subject :D)

Back to topic - I don't care whether or not it's OL or QB so long as Shanny gets the guy HE wants and Danny boy just quietly signs the check.

And what makes you think that our FO don't consider Bradford or Clausen as a "reach" at #4 overall? Just because you pick a QB in the top 5 certainly doesn't mean he is suddenly a "franchise QB". If Shanny and Allen decide that neither guy is worth it at #4 and go in a different direction (OL for example) will you ridicule them as well or trust that they know a hell of a lot more than us and made a well thought out decision?

Dont get your panties all in a bunch there killer, I happen to believe that Shanny will make the correct decision either way, However I just believe that it will be a QB that is drafted with the fourth pick, if not then YES i will ridicule that decision and so will you if JC is starting for us next year. So take a Valium and calm the **** down!

Dont get your panties all in a bunch there killer, I happen to believe that Shanny will make the correct decision either way, However I just believe that it will be a QB that is drafted with the fourth pick, if not then YES i will ridicule that decision and so will you if JC is starting for us next year. So take a Valium and calm the **** down!

A pretty ironic post, considering you seem to be the one all amped up; I was simply questioning your premise. So essentially you're saying you are a better evaluator of QB and OL talent than Shanahan and Allen?

A pretty ironic post, considering you seem to be the one all amped up; I was simply questioning your premise. So essentially you're saying you are a better evaluator of QB and OL talent than Shanahan and Allen?

No I am not so you can stop implying that:). At the end of my first post i included IMHO, which translates to In My Honest Opinion, which is what i have stated, my opinion. You get all worked up because i dont agree with the OPs position, and then claim i think i know more than the coaches which i never said:doh: It is my opinion that this team can no longer pass on a QB, and i happen to have watched Clausen play quite a bit and i think they will be well worth the 4th pick. If Shanny goes another direction will i be disappointed? Yes. I think OL can be found in the later rounds just as easy, why don't you think that? Why do you think we HAVE to draft OL with that pick? What if Shanny doesnt draft OL, and goes QB? Will you second guess him?

No I am not so you can stop implying that:). At the end of my first post i included IMHO, which translates to In My Honest Opinion, which is what i have stated, my opinion. You get all worked up because i dont agree with the OPs position, and then claim i think i know more than the coaches which i never said:doh: It is my opinion that this team can no longer pass on a QB, and i happen to have watched Clausen play quite a bit and i think they will be well worth the 4th pick. If Shanny goes another direction will i be disappointed? Yes. I think OL can be found in the later rounds just as easy, why don't you think that? Why do you think we HAVE to draft OL with that pick? What if Shanny doesnt draft OL, and goes QB? Will you second guess him?

Again with the "worked up" stuff? Are you trying to bait me into some reaction with that? Not sure how I've been worked up at all. As I said, just questioning your premise. The reason I asked if you think you know more than Shanahan and Allen is because you admitted that you would ridicule their decision if they didn't draft the position you wanted, which seems to imply that you think you know better. As far as my opinion on their draft if they go QB, I will trust that they have a lot more experience than I do and made the best choice after scouting all of the players who might be available there. Would I prefer OL? Sure. Would I question the competence of the FO and ridicule them if they went with a QB? Nope.

but no, i wouldnt say a rookie coming in would be the reason they got better, esp given the above major changes. not ryan anyway, he's not peyton manning.
Their previous starter was Joey Harrington. Obviously Ryan made a big difference for them.

I find this interesting because to me it's solid evidence towards what I've thought for a while now: that the majority of the fanbase are not extreme in their hatred towards Jason Campbell as QB of the Redskins, but that the vocal minority here who are, and have made it a point to post about it incessantly, have had success influencing the train of thought around here to a significant degree.

But that's just a bit of an analysis of the thinking here on ES and isn't one about QB/Oline and the debate therein. I'd personally be happy with either.

give colt a shot, sign pennington, sign rex grossman, hell, just get us through 9 or 10 games so we can let bradford finish out the year. next year when were picking in the top 15 we can select another OT, preferably a higher rated one than we take this year. that way we end up with 1st round QB, and 1st and 2nd round bookend tackles, so going into 2011 we have talented guys at key positions on offense. and if bradford is legit, ooooooo budy.

clausen im a little hesitant about, i wouldnt be upset if we got him, but bradford is my #1 choice.

Colt? :silly:

Grossman?:drooley:

Better Idea, let the rook start from day one. Then we are guarenteed a top 3 pick. Then see if we can trade out of it and get 2 1st rounders out of it and pick up a OL and a BPA. Or just go the the next franchise QB on the board.

I cant believe you even typed Grossmans name. You should be shot for that alone. Shot! :ols:

Colt? :silly:

Grossman?:drooley:

Better Idea, let the rook start from day one. Then we are guarenteed a top 3 pick. Then see if we can trade out of it and get 2 1st rounders out of it and pick up a OL and a BPA. Or just go the the next franchise QB on the board.

I cant believe you even typed Grossmans name. You should be shot for that alone. Shot! :ols:

hey, at least grossman would be funny! if were going to lose it better be with someone else.

talk about unhealthy hatred though, you seriously HATE rex grossman. dont get me wrong, he isnt very good, but you act like hes the worst ever. the guy DID help take a team to the superbowl and threw 20+ TDs. i mean, we could do worse man.

why are people so hell bent on drafting OL in the first round? We still have a high 2nd round pick where OL can be addressed or we can trade down our 2nd round pick to aquire an extra 2 or 3 picks to draft OL. Closed mindedness can cause one to become irrational.

such as the insistence that we draft a QB, using any sort of logic you can find to convince people that you're right and they're wrong?

hey, at least grossman would be funny! if were going to lose it better be with someone else.

talk about unhealthy hatred though, you seriously HATE rex grossman. dont get me wrong, he isnt very good, but you act like hes the worst ever. the guy DID help take a team to the superbowl and threw 20+ TDs. i mean, we could do worse man.

Lol. Come on. The Bears got to the SB despite Grossman, not because of him. Their defense was a powerhouse. People talk about Campbell being inconsistent?

http://www.nfl.com/players/rexgrossman/gamelogs?id=GRO597298&season=2006

Campbell would get verbally eviscerated (even more) on ES if he was anywhere close to as inconsistent as Grossman was that year. The pitchforks would be out in full force. He had one game with 0 TDs, 3 INTs, a whopping 1.8 yard average, a 31.6% completion rate and a QB rating of...1.3 (no that isn't a typo).

AND THEY WON THE GAME 23-13. If that doesn't tell you your defense is winning your games, I don't know what does.

Lol. Come on. The Bears got to the SB despite Grossman, not because of him. Their defense was a powerhouse. People talk about Campbell being inconsistent?

http://www.nfl.com/players/rexgrossman/gamelogs?id=GRO597298&season=2006

Campbell would get verbally eviscerated (even more) on ES if he was anywhere close to as inconsistent as Grossman was that year. The pitchforks would be out in full force. He had one game with 0 TDs, 3 INTs, a whopping 1.8 yard average, a 31.6% completion rate and a QB rating of...1.3.

AND THEY WON THE GAME 23-13. If that doesn't tell you your defense is winning your games, I don't know what does.

he also had more 3 or more TD games that season than campbell has had in his ENTIRE CAREER, so again, he was jeckyl and hyde. he was either really good, or beyond the realm of awful. odd that cutler was the same way this season, i wonder if they were running the same offense cause their numbers were eerily similar.

but grossman posted 7 games with a rating of over 100, and his TD:INT ratio in those games was 18:1, which is insanely impressive. but in his 5 awful games, he posted a 1:16 TD/INT ratio.

so either he was very good, or very terrible. lol, i wouldnt mind that for a season. every week id know im getting 3 TDs or 3 INTs.

BLC......Step away from the keyboard......now. That season he also had 20+ints. Best year was a 74.8 QB rating (his rookie year) Broke the 55 completion % just once in his career. Plays worse in the 2nd half. Plays worse outside. Plays worse behind. Is terrible in bad weather. He is as anti-clutch as you can get.

If you start Grossman, start him the fisrt 4 games of the season. Inside. He's good then. You get to say October, he's like a 5th grader playing QB in the NFL. December and he's like a Newt.

Grossman makes Campbell look like Joe Montana.

Could we do worse? I suppose, but we would have to REALLY try to. My mom could start, for instance. Shes 5'1" and 65 years old but I can tell you she's a tough as nails and would be better when the chips are down than Grossman.

The Bears got to the playoffs DESPITE Grossman, In fact if Reggie Bush doesnt piss off the Bears when he showboated on that long reception for TD, the Saints go instead. "Led" them to the SB? ROFLcopter on that on.

BLC......Step away from the keyboard......now. That season he also had 20+ints. Best year was a 74.8 QB rating (his rookie year) Broke the 55 completion % just once in his career. Plays worse in the 2nd half. Plays worse outside. Plays worse behind. Is terrible in bad weather. He is as anti-clutch as you can get.

If you start Grossman, start him the fisrt 4 games of the season. Inside. He's good then. You get to say October, he's like a 5th grader playing QB in the NFL. December and he's like a Newt.

Grossman makes Campbell look like Joe Montana.

Could we do worse? I suppose, but we would have to REALLY try to. My mom could start, for instance. Shes 5'1" and 65 years old but I can tell you she's a tough as nails and would be better when the chips are down than Grossman.

The Bears got to the playoffs DESPITE Grossman, In fact if Reggie Bush doesnt piss off the Bears when he showboated on that long reception for TD, the Saints go instead. "Led" them to the SB? ROFLcopter on that on.

so fine, grossman for 4, colt for 5, bradford for 7.

deal? :pfft:

Archived