Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Post poll - vast majority want OL drafted

hammerva

From the Washington post online today it was reported that 75% of the people think that they should draft offensive line and only 17% believe that a quarterback should be their first pick. From looking at the results, the majority of the people on this board don't read the Post since every is screaming for a quarterback. At least some people get the real problem with this team.

Results so far from QB at number 4 poll.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Fail.

There is statistical evidence proving each way over the other, so I really don't think it matters what we do this year. It comes down to Shanahan's evaluation of which draft has better quarterback talent, this year's or next's.

As for the results, themselves, they do not surprise me. On the outside, stats show our o-line to be one of the worst, whereas Campbell's are middle of the road for a starting quarterback. Looking deeper, though, I've seen complex statistics proving he was one of the worst in the league.

Long story short, they're both in need of upgrade. There is no one right answer.

What a lot of people don't "get" also, is that just because you draft a lineman, that doesn't mean that all your problems are fixed......it makes me laugh so hard to hear people say "Draft Offensive Lineman with every pick" like thats just going to fix the whole line......if it were that easy, everyone would have a great line.....but unfortunately, just because you draft an O-lineman, that doesn't mean he's going to be GREAT!!!!! There are TONS of O-lineman drafted every year that never pan out.....just because you draft them, doesn't mean you've FIXED THE PROBLEM.....which is why i also laugh at EVERYBODY who's so against signing a FREE AGENT OFFENSIVE LINEMAN....like that's such a terrible thing.....well heck, at least you know what you're getting....unlike the draft. I'm not saying we shouldn't draft lineman, i'm just saying you have to be smart with your picks, and pick the best talent, not just draft lineman to draft lineman. And if they think that Quarterback is the best value at that pick, then by all means go in that direction....or if they think Oline, or whatever else is the best direction then by all means do it. People get so caught up in everything the media says that it's almost like a brainwashing affect.....

Plus when it comes to the Washington Post, they have a love affair with Jason Campbell....and any thing else that goes against what the Redskins believe.....they do everything in their power to try and stir stuff up, and play the devils advocate approach to everything that the Redskins do or are thinking about doing.

It has been very refreshing so far to see them not have much material to write about as Shanahan and Allen seem to have been able to keep the lid on most of their inside information so far!!

It's probably because we need to replace at least half our line. Saying we need to draft an o-lineman at number one is really shorthand for saying, "We've got to do something now and be serious about it."

Just a second rounder would not change our fortunes. It will take prudent drafting, free agency acquisition and maybe even a trade or too in order to get our line up to snuff.

why are people so hell bent on drafting OL in the first round? We still have a high 2nd round pick where OL can be addressed or we can trade down our 2nd round pick to aquire an extra 2 or 3 picks to draft OL. Closed mindedness can cause one to become irrational.

Look in the mirror. You think a 2nd round pick can play 4 positions? Or did you forget that we only have 1 guy that started alst year that was anything better than "terrible"? And yet you want to throw lower round picks at it, like we have done in the past (with horrid results) and expect a different outcome? That is the definition of insanity right there.

Vinny, is that you?

It's probably because we need to replace at least half our line. Saying we need to draft an o-lineman at number one is really shorthand for saying, "We've got to do something now and be serious about it."

Just a second rounder would not change our fortunes. It will take prudent drafting, free agency acquisition and maybe even a trade or too in order to get our line up to snuff.

With Rabach going to be a UFA, it's now at 4/5 or our OL. It's going to take alot of investment to get it to just "average".

With Rabach going to be a UFA, it's now at 4/5 or our OL. It's going to take alot of investment to get it to just "average".

Its not like Rabach is a real lost, Im sure you watched his play this year along with everybody else. Average at best, alot of missed blocks and just getting runned over.

it is completely bogus that people think that we should spend the majority of our picks this year on lineman or trade down and aquire more picks for lineman. since when does a team go into a new season with a rookie starting left tackle, guard, right tackle, etc.. i know our oline is weak but it cant be done overnight.

with that said, i think we should go qb at 4. i would love to get a primo guard/tackle at our second pick, but jahvid best is looking mighty tempting.

it is completely bogus that people think that we should spend the majority of our picks this year on lineman or trade down and aquire more picks for lineman. since when does a team go into a new season with a rookie starting left tackle, guard, right tackle, etc.. i know our oline is weak but it cant be done overnight.

with that said, i think we should go qb at 4. i would love to get a primo guard/tackle at our second pick, but jahvid best is looking mighty tempting.

Absolutely, we will be in the FA market for alot of positions , no question about it.

Its not like Rabach is a real lost, Im sure you watched his play this year along with everybody else. Average at best, alot of missed blocks and just getting runned over.

Trust me I agree. But it leaves a void and we dont have anything on the roster that we have the slightest clue about at center. I wanted him gone but it doesnt mean we have a upgrade here yet. So it's still a hole.

On the outside, stats show our o-line to be one of the worst, whereas Campbell's are middle of the road for a starting quarterback. Looking deeper, though, I've seen complex statistics proving he was one of the worst in the league.

Long story short, they're both in need of upgrade. There is no one right answer.

there are 'complex' stats that are in campbells favor and 'complex' that arent. i've seen both.

but there is no question our line is terrible, and there are at least 3 positions that could use an upgrade, as opposed to 1 at qb.

i'm not really opposed to bradford at 4 though.

Look in the mirror. You think a 2nd round pick can play 4 positions? Or did you forget that we only have 1 guy that started alst year that was anything better than "terrible"? And yet you want to throw lower round picks at it, like we have done in the past (with horrid results) and expect a different outcome? That is the definition of insanity right there.

Vinny, is that you?.

This what you have scouts for. Imagine the amount of lower round linemen for other teams who have become stand out players. Don't misunderstand me, i'm not saying that OL is not a serious need. But, if the FO is convinced that a QB (hopefully Bradford) is "The Guy", then they should draft him and then surround him with the other pieces.

Many of those who voted o-line probably also thought we had a decent team here the last five years. Like we could ever compete.

They know nothing about football.

This is a passing league. Rex Grossman may be just okay enough to let you lose one SB, but he will never allow you to be in three.

Unless Shanahan believes Colt is the answer, you have to get a QB.

From the Washington post online today it was reported that 75% of the people think that they should draft offensive line and only 17% believe that a quarterback should be their first pick. From looking at the results, the majority of the people on this board don't read the Post since every is screaming for a quarterback. At least some people get the real problem with this team.

Just because some people don't agree with you, it doesn't mean they don't "get the real problem with this team". I don't need to agree with you to be right or wrong. My opinion is my opinion and yours is yours.

Trust me I agree. But it leaves a void and we dont have anything on the roster that we have the slightest clue about at center. I wanted him gone but it doesnt mean we have a upgrade here yet. So it's still a hole.

I believe Shanahan and Allen will put it together right via the Draft, FA, to include the possibillty of trading some of our players for draft picks or players. I have no knowledge of anything pending I just feel its going to happen, maybe with Campbell, Cooley,Rodgers or Kedric Golston. Will see

Archived