Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP/Jason Reid: Mike Mayock agrees with taking a QB at 4

Gibbsisgod2006

But the biggest point of difference between Locker and Bradford (and even Clausen) is that he's proven himself and won big games on one of the worst teams in all of division 1 football. Was there even one other NFL caliber player on his team? I don't think so. And as many excuses as are made for Jimmy Clausen's lack of help, his team looks was immeasurably more talented than Locker's. AND Washington has played the most difficult schedule in the country over the past three years so he's NEVER gotten to pad his numbers on creampuffs like all of the other prospects get to do.

I definitely agree that these are pluses for Locker but as for Bradford do you think that the slow transition of some of the WRs coming out of OKLA point to Bradford being a better QB (i.e. elevating their play), good scheme against weaker conferences, or just the slow transition for WRs in general. I thought Malcolm and Iglesias would be studs or at least look like up and commers within year 1. I know the jury is still out on them but for Iglesias not to break in the rotation on the bears is sort of surprising to me.

I find it interesting that no one is discussing that there are major question marks about the tackles available in the draft. Of this list of 9 tackles, there's no certainty that anyone of them will be a good LT.

Anthony Davis - has the best chance because of size and athleticism, but he has inconsistencies and could end up on the right side

Russell Okung - has questionable athleticism for the left side

Brian Baluga - maybe can play the left, but doesn't have elite athleticism and may end up playing RT

Trent Williams - a right tackle

Bruce Campbell - phenomenal athlete, but raw and need work on his technique

Charles Brown - very athletic, but may not be strong enough

Roger Safford - right tackle or guard

Selvish Capers - excellent athlete, struggles in game situations

Edwin Veldheer - freakish athlete who has a questionable level of competition

Of all the tackles, Davis is the only one we should consider at #4, but he has just as many question marks as Sam Bradford.

I'm expecting Davis or Bradford at this point, but **** it would be great if we had less pressing needs on offense and could go for a defensive player with more of our picks.

None of the Kiper-Wanabees knows what B/M/K know. We are in speculation-mode now. But if it were my team ... I would build for a solid competitive future by snatching Clausen @4 and then taking Gerhart @37. With these studs you can put together a functional OLine from the parts bin.

I find it interesting that no one is discussing that there are major question marks about the tackles available in the draft. Of this list of 9 tackles, there's no certainty that anyone of them will be a good LT...

Mayock's top tackles go:

Okung

Bulaga

Davis

Williams

Campbell

Brown

Ducasse

if I'm not mistaken. Williams and Campbell might be switched, but he said that Okung, Bulaga, Davis, and possibly Trent Williams will all go in the top 10. He liked Bruce Campbell for Green Bay at 23. He was far more positive about Trent Williams than I expected. He actually thinks he does have the athletic tools to play LT, he just looked bad there at the beginning of the season but rapidly improved towards the end. I tend to agree with Mayock here since he's a quick player with good straight line speed. With a lot of improvement, he's got the body to play LT in a man scheme and he's strong enough to be dominant. He's not a good fit for us though.

I wanted to add Ducasse to your list since that looks to be what he's being targeted for. Jason Fox should also be on there ahead of Capers (who actually will probably end up playing guard in a zone scheme). Also it's Rodger Saffold, his name gets jumbled a lot. I wouldn't count him out as a sleeper LT although I think he'll be strongest at guard. He's a good athlete and was definitely the best lineman at shrine week. Pay close attention to him at the combine because he could open some eyes there.

The point to all of this is that of all these prospects, none might be a successful left tackle. While Davis, Bulaga, and Trent Williams may all end up being great tackles, there's a reasonable chance that it will be on the right side. Okung might be a complete bust because he doesn't have the athleticism for the left or the skillset for the rightside.
All left tackle prospects come out with questions. The only one I can remember that didn't was Joe Thomas and he looks like a future hall of famer. Once in a decade prospects like him are just that... available only once in a decade. The fact remains though that offensive linemen are easier to project because most of what they do on the field is what they will be doing in the NFL.
If we are looking for a LT, then it should be a three horse race. Davis, Campbell, Brown. Okung is out of the question because we can't spend a top ten pick on an a tackle that is average at best. Of all the tackles, Davis is the only one we should consider at #4, but he has just as many question marks as Sam Bradford.
I think you are really underestimating Bryan Bulaga and Russell Okung. Bulaga got dropped after the Brandon Graham game but I think he was still sick at that point, and he picked up tons of steam afterwards. He's a good fit for us since he's already very technically sound and experienced in a zone blocking system. Concerns about his athleticism are overblown too. He's a quick twitch offensive tackle... explosive with excellent straight line speed.

I've come full circle on Okung since I've taken another look at him. I was his biggest critic on here before, but Mayock and Bunting regard him very highly and that forced me to take another look. He's got better footspeed and lateral fluidity than Jake Long had and Long has been dominant in pass protection so far. Upside tends to get overrated. Continuity, stability, nastiness, attitude, focus, etc. those things are all more important to being a successful linemen in the long run. Look how far they've carried Long, who was the second best OT in the league last year behind Joe Thomas. Those are things that Okung and Bulaga have in spades. I said it in another thread, but I'll say it here too, upside is the reason Aaron Maybin got taken over Brian Orakpo. My biggest concern with Okung was a lack of explosion and a lack of base strength to anchor against the bull-rush. He won't need to drive often in our blocking system. The explosion complaint is why I wouldn't take him over Anthony Davis, but as for his strength, he'll add that once he gets into the NFL. Most linemen get significantly stronger, especially a guy like Okung from OSU since he'll use far more sophisticated and intense methods of strength training as a Redskin. Chris Samuels had to get a lot stronger from the time he was a rookie to the point where he became one of the most powerful players in the conference.

The other two options for a LT, Campbell and Brown, need some development and therefore are late 1st/early 2nd guys. This is not the draft class to expect a LT. Maybe a couple of the guys pan out, but this line class is strong at guard and RT.
Bulaga and Davis will be left tackles. Freaking Andrew Whitworth and Jeff Backus are very successful NFL left tackles. We'd be fine selecting either of those guys. As for Campbell and Brown, they'd be nice if we do in fact get Bradford at 4. Should that happen I'd be praying to god one of them fell to 37 although I wouldn't count on it. Otherwise we are left hoping Ducasse becomes the next Sebastian Vollmer and he's even less NFL ready than Vollmer was. We've seen how long its taken Chad Rinehart to "get" what being an NFL player was all about. No the fact of the matter remains that if we take a QB at 4, our ability to get a LT who can start soon (and to begin rebuilding the OL in general) will be severely handicapped. We might be able to get a RT who can come in and play next year with some trading and that's something we need desperately too. But I doubt we'll get a LT who's ready to go against the DeMarcus Ware, Trent Cole, Umenyiora/Tuck/Kiwanuka gauntlet. We'd better hope Chris Samuels comes back and stays healthy (the Vinny Cerrato plan) or else we can all enjoy a repeat of 2009 in 2010.
Our best option is to get QB in the 1st and best OL in the 2nd. That OL in the 2nd could be Campbell, Brown,Williams, Iupati, or Pouncey. Then in the 4th, go offensive line again. We might be looking at Veldheer, Mitch Petrus, Sergio Render, or another interior lineman. Maybe we can pick up a 3rd to target Asamoah, Mike Johnson, Kyle Calloway, or Saffold. Honestly, the top 5 is the worst value for an offensive lineman in this entire draft class.
I don't disagree with you about drafting the best OL period at the top of round 2 since we need all 5 positions addressed in the long term. My personal favorite is Pouncey and I'd take him over everyone but Bruce Campbell probably. I'd even trade Chris Cooley to get him, although Casey Wiegmann's recent availability makes him less of a necessity.

I don't agree that picking 4th is terrible value for an offensive lineman. Mayock thinks Davis, Okung, and Bulaga are all top 10 picks. At 4 we should have our pick of the litter. We'll be able to get a really good player and Wes Bunting thinks Okung and Davis are future pro-bowl guys who are able to come in and start from day 1.

IF we did draft Bradford at 4, I would pray that the City of D.C.'s awful sports karma would finally start to turn around and we'd be able to pick up another 2nd round pick and then both Bruce Campbell and Maurkice Pouncey would be available for us to take with them.

None of the Kiper-Wanabees knows what B/M/K know. We are in speculation-mode now. But if it were my team ... I would build for a solid competitive future by snatching Clausen @4 and then taking Gerhart @37. With these studs you can put together a functional OLine from the parts bin.

Sounds like the 82 Skins with the ND QB and a young Riggo. Thing is, if we went that route, I'd rather go Bradford and Jahvid Best. Let's put some point on the board.

To stevemcqueen1, I agree with and understand a lot of what you're saying. Most of these guys do have potential to play LT, but my main point is that each of these prospects has just as many questions about being an LT worth the #4 pick as Sam Bradford does about being a QB worth the #4 pick.

I have no doubts that these players can be very good, but for instance, Bulaga, Davis and Williams might be serviceable LTs, but play the right side because they can dominate. Would I be mad if we drafted Bulaga or Davis as a dominant RT? No. But if we spent the #4 pick on a RT and passed on a "franchise" QB, then I would be devastated for years. That's my main point. And while you point out that Whitworth and Backus have played well at LT, they haven't played at top 5 pick level. We can't spend a top 5 pick on an average LT or a dominant RT.

And I think that there are enough interesting prospects in this draft that we can take a shot on later in the draft. I'd love to see us get a mid to late 3rd to target a lineman. Maybe pick up Saffold in the 3rd and Veldheer in the 4th (haven't seen him play, but all the reading makes him sound very promising). Bringing in those two plus Brown, Campbell or Pouncey in the 2nd would be a great start to our line. And yes, if Campbell and Pouncey are at the top of the 2nd, I'm positive that Shanny and Allen find a way to get another 2nd. That also probably would mean that Brown is still on the board too.

P.S. I know Bunting is your boy and he had Bradford rated lower than some prospects, but he also has him going #1 in his newest mock. So I'm sure that he wouldn't be down on us taking him at #4 over the offensive tackles.

I find it interesting that no one is discussing that there are major question marks about the tackles available in the draft. Of this list of 9 tackles, there's no certainty that anyone of them will be a good LT.

1) The OL draft prospects have been discussed in depth in several non-QB threads

2) There are question marks about most players coming out, contrary to your opinion about the top OT prospects the top OT are projected as day LTs: Okung, Bulaga and Davis are all considered as LT its the prospects after these guys that gave the major question marks about which side they can contribute and wether they can even contribute right away.

3) There is no certainity about any player in the draft.

BTW-I did mention the questions about the OL in the post you quoted except contrary to your list (you left Okung off the list) the question marks for the top OL aren't shared by experts like Mayock,Kiper and McShay who project the top 3-4 as LTs.

But our best chance to land a starting caliber LT this draft may only be at with the 4th pick. And drafting a starting LT will go a long way to laying the foundation for a good OL. But, if we wait until the 37th pick there is a good chance that we'll be looking at RTs that aren't a guarntee to start.

If we are looking for a LT, then it should be a three horse race. Davis, Campbell, Brown. Okung is out of the question because we can't spend a top ten pick on an a tackle that is average at best. Of all the tackles, Davis is the only one we should consider at #4, but he has just as many question marks as Sam Bradford........The other two options for a LT, Campbell and Brown, need some development and therefore are late 1st/early 2nd guys. This is not the draft class to expect a LT. Maybe a couple of the guys pan out, but this line class is strong at guard and RT.........The other two options for a LT, Campbell and Brown, need some development and therefore are late 1st/early 2nd guys. This is not the draft class to expect a LT. Maybe a couple of the guys pan out, but this line class is strong at guard and RT.

Its nice that you expressed your opinions about the OL draft class but your opinions are way off base compared with the experts. Most of whom have Okung,Davis, Bulaga and Williams and consider them as LT with the question about LT vs RT beginning with Williams.

Here's Mayocks top 5:

Offensive tackles

Rk

Player

School

Russell Okung

Oklahoma State

Bryan Bulaga*

Iowa

Anthony Davis*

Rutgers

Trent Williams

Oklahoma

And here's what he says about there ability to start:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story?id=09000d5d81692755&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Bulaga:......So Bulaga looks like he's got short arms. We haven't measured him yet. This week it will be interesting to see whether or not he's 33 inches or more. But his technique is tremendous. He's been coached very well. He's a tough kid. He's smart in both the run and pass game. So I think he's ready to start.

Davis:....Anthony Davis from Rutgers, a junior, may be a little bit immature off the field, a little bit inconsistent. He's got the talent to play on the left side from Day 1.

Williams:....Trent Williams from Oklahoma is probably a little more suited for the right side. However, on tape, it sure looks like he can play on the left side. And, again, he's got a couple of off-the-field issues from a work-ethic perspective. But he's a kid that I think you could plug in.

Our best option is to get QB in the 1st and best OL in the 2nd. That OL in the 2nd could be Campbell, Brown,Williams, Iupati, or Pouncey. Then in the 4th, go offensive line again. We might be looking at Veldheer, Mitch Petrus, Sergio Render, or another interior lineman. Maybe we can pick up a 3rd to target Asamoah, Mike Johnson, Kyle Calloway, or Saffold. Honestly, the top 5 is the worst value for an offensive lineman in this entire draft class.

Imo, going QB in the 1st is a good outcome only if we're still able to add a starter at OT. And at 37 there won't be any LT projected as starters and there is only a chance there will still be a quality player there unlike your opinion Mayock believes logically there is a drop off in talent and therefore value at the bottom of the OT list not the top.

Mayock already said this:

I've got seven offensive tackles and then a drop-off. I believe six of them may go this year in that first round. But I think the seventh guy still may be out there, the sixth guy may be out there.

Iupati and Pouncey are great prospects both neither are OT they're interior lineman that project to have a chance to play OT.

Taking a QB in the 1st round means that we again are hoping to thumbnail.aspx?q=1360417522653&id=ed14252fc02850651d24b75290edbe40&url=http%3a%2f%2fsupersquadra.net%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2008%2f06%2fcrossed-fingers.jpg to address the OL with luck.

Imo if we address the OL with a starting caliber LT that will have the single biggest positive impact on the team.

i think campbell groupies have deluded themselves into thinking that all these olineman are elite and somehow we need to draft 2 of them in the first round or the end is near. taking bradford and the best OT prospect at #36 is the way to go, and then draft 1 or 2 more guards/centers in the late rounds, as these types of players can be found later, especially guards.

still bitter we didnt snag that duke robinson guy last year. but it was a lineman in the draft, vinny knew better than to do that!

Oh yes, take a jab at Vinny when you are proposing just about the same plan he was. And what if the offensive tackles at 37 are massive reaches?

And I thought this part was particularly ironic:

i think campbell groupies have deluded themselves into thinking that all these olineman are elite and somehow we need to draft 2 of them in the first round or the end is near

You don't think the same thing is happening for the people who want Sam Bradford. Many are the same people who desperately want to be rid of Jason Campbell.

I get it with Sam Bradford. He's fun to watch and he had ridiculous production and Shanahan has a great track record with QBs so we delude ourselves into thinking he can turn coal into diamonds. But it's just foolish to ignore all of the gigantic red flags Bradford is carrying right now. I posted this earlier in the thread and no one really responded to it except the Tris.

Sam Bradford is a lanky underclassman QB prospect coming from a college system that is a notoriously difficult translation to the NFL. He got to play on an offense that enjoyed a massive talent advantage at nearly every single position against nearly every opponent he faced and when this wasn't the case he either lost (against Texas and Florida) or got hurt... twice. He only played one full game last year (where he didn't look that great) and we are talking about him at 4? I think the most damning argument of all is that, as good as Sam Bradford is, can anyone tell me definitively why he's much better than Colt McCoy? Why is he worth the fourth overall pick and McCoy is a second rounder at best?

The Tris responded to my question about McCoy. For anyone using similar arguments, I strongly suggest reading these posts by darrellgreenie:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showpost.php?p=7300708&postcount=152

http://www.extremeskins.com/showpost.php?p=7302295&postcount=157

I think we are going to draft Bradford, but can anyone tell me why we should draft HIM specifically instead of giving more general arguments about the need for a QB. Why should we ignore all of those red flags I mentioned. Those five reasons I listed would pretty much be coefficients A through E in the universal formula for QB draft busts. Nevermind he's got the Heismann curse...

Oh yes, take a jab at Vinny when you are proposing just about the same plan he was. And what if the offensive tackles at 37 are massive reaches?

You don't think the same thing is happening for the people who want Sam Bradford. Many are the same people who desperately want to be rid of Jason Campbell.

I get it with Sam Bradford. He's fun to watch and he had ridiculous production and Shanahan has a great track record with QBs so we delude ourselves into thinking he can turn coal into diamonds. But it's just foolish to ignore all of the gigantic red flags Bradford is carrying right now. I posted this earlier in the thread and no one really responded to it except the Tris.

The Tris responded to my question about McCoy. For anyone using similar arguments, I strongly suggest reading these posts by darrellgreenie:

I think we are going to draft Bradford, but can anyone tell me why we should draft HIM specifically instead of giving more general arguments about the need for a QB. Why should we ignore all of those red flags I mentioned. Those five reasons I listed would pretty much be coefficients A through E in the universal formula for QB draft busts. Nevermind he's got the Heismann curse...

please point me towards a time when vinny took a lineman in the 2nd round. ill be waiting. or better yet, find me the last time vinny took a tackle on the first day? and dont say rinehart because he was projected as a guard, and all things considered, it looks like hes a massive flop.

every mock has bradford as a top ten pick. our current quarterback is a joke. we have a brand new offensive minded HC and a great young OC who just came from a system with a great throwing QB. we need one if were gonna run these guys offenses.

and the lanky thing is such a cop out. hes 6'4 220, and most of these guys come into camp and go full and gain some weight. you dont need to be 6'5 240 to play QB in this league. again, our current QB is the classic example of this. hes got the perfect frame and arm, but the football smarts of a bale of hay.

and ill fully admit im ready to see anybody new behind center, but the thing i like about bradford is everybody says the guy just has the smart aspect, which i value a lot. i dont care as much about size and arm strength, i care more about decision making and knowledge. i personally think the "physical tools" thing is overrated. but at the current time, hes the best prospect in the draft, we desperately need a new QB, and we probably wont be picking this high again for awhile (hopefully lol).

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sp...#ixzz0gPjyYj0U

Mayock does think Bradford is a franchise QB though.

"Sam Bradford is a franchise quarterback and he is a top-10 player," Mayock said.

I'm glad someone else noticed this. I have posted the quotes and link twice in this very thread and there are still people who are posting that May**** is so so on Bradford.

This is why you take Bradford at 4

Production 1 "2006: Redshirted. 2007: (14/14) 237 for 341 (69.5 pct.), 3,121 yards, 36 TD, 8 INT. 2008: (14/14) Heisman Trophy winner. 328 for 483 (67.9 pct.), 4,720 yards, 50 TD, 8 INT."

Height-Weight-Speed 3 Possesses prototypical height. Has added bulk to frame (prior to 2009 season) but still somewhat lean. Adequate to good straight-line speed for his position.

Durability 4 "Started all 14 games in first two seasons played (2007-08). Was knocked out of 2007 Texas Tech game with mild concussion but returned for the following game. Injured shoulder in 2009 season opener vs. BYU and missed the following two games. Returned vs. Baylor but re-injured the shoulder the following week vs. Texas. Underwent season-ending shoulder surgery in late-October. Resumed throwing in January, 2010. "

Intangibles 1 "Hard worker. Extremely competitive. Team player. Strong overall intangibles. Great football intelligence. Excellent student, as well."

Quarterback specific Traits

Mental Markup 2 Cerebral quarterback. Not an in-your-face type leader but commands the huddle. Displays poise under pressure. Mentally/physically tough. Does not have much experience dealing with pass rush pressure but shows a willingness to stand in the pocket and take a hit before throwing. But gets too comfortable in the pocket at times and will need to reset his mental clock in the NFL. Also made a few costly mistakes due to poor decisions/reads in 2008 loss to Texas.

Accuracy 1 "Throws into a lot of big passing windows and generally has time to throw from within the pocket, but he does display outstanding overall accuracy under those circumstances. Displays excellent balance as a passer. Steps into most of his throws and drives off the back leg. Good follow through. Very good with the pump fake; frequently gets receivers open by pumping off the safety or linebacker. "

Release 3 Gets the ball out quickly but release point is more three-quarters and not fully over the top as you would like to see. He does not have many passes batted down at the line of scrimmage in college but it is a mild concern projecting to the NFL.

Arm Strength 2 Arm strength is adequate-to-good but not elite. He can make all of the NFL throws. Shows good touch and timing on the vertical throws. Gets enough velocity on deep outs but does not fit the ball into tight spots like some of the stronger-armed QBs in NFL.

Mobility 2 "Has a tendency to bail out to his right when pressure comes, which is something NFL pass rushers will exploit until he corrects the problem. He is a better than average athlete for the position, though. His foot quickness is adequate and he shows the ability to throw accurately on the run. Is not used to being under consistent pressure, though. Needs to prove capable of sidestepping or stepping up into the pocket far more frequently before throwing from within the pocket. "

Trait Scale

1 = Exceptional 2 = Above average 3 = Average 4 = Below average 5 = Marginal

This is another reason why you draft Bradford.

http://was.scout.com/2/944434.html

Scout.com's NFL Draft Analyst Chris Steuber profiles the top prospects eligible for the 2010 NFL Draft. Learn about Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford inside.

776848.jpgSam Bradford

School: Oklahoma

Position: Quarterback

Height: 6-4

Weight: 223

Projected 40-Time: 4.80

Star Rating: 5star.png Grade: 97

Draft Projection: 1st Round

Star rating is based on a prospects standing (as of February 1st) in the 2010 Scout.com Draft Rankings. A prospects grade is measured on the following scale:

85-100 = 1st - 2nd Round

_70-84 = 3rd - 4th Round

_55-69 = 5th - 6th Round

_40-54 = 7th Round - UDFA

766999.jpgComments

[/url]776846.jpg

Even though Bradford had two shoulder surgeries, he will still receive consideration as the top pick in the draft.

Ronald Martinez/Getty Images

Strengths: Bradford is an efficient and reliable passer who is extremely accurate on all of his throws. He sets up quickly in the pocket, is patient and shows poise beyond his years. He has an above average arm, a quick release, spins a tight spiral and can make all the throws at the professional level. He effectively reads over a defense, quickly diagnoses where to go with the ball and makes good decisions. He completes a high percentage of his passes in the short field, displays timing with his receivers, leads them over the middle and places the ball where only his target can make the reception. He goes through his progressions fluidly, is able to buy time with his feet to give his receivers time to break free, and delivers a catchable pass that receivers can easily handle. He’s an intelligent quarterback who possesses high character and the leadership qualities to be a successful starting signal caller at the next level.

Weaknesses: He has a prototypical frame, but lacks the overall bulk and strength to withstand a professional pounding. He doesn’t feel the rush consistently and is prone to taking big hits. He primarily worked out of the shotgun and will have to adjust to taking more snaps under center. He demonstrates leadership qualities on the field, but in the locker room he’s quiet and reserved, and he’s timid towards the media.

Steuber Says: If Bradford entered the draft a year ago after his breakout (redshirt) sophomore campaign, Georgia’s Matthew Stafford and USC’s Mark Sanchez would have taken a backseat to him as he would be the franchise quarterback of the Detroit Lions. Just a year later - after two surgeries to his throwing shoulder - Bradford is considered a medical enigma and enters the 2010 draft with the unsettling injury-prone label. Bradford injured his shoulder in the opening game of the 2009 season against BYU and only played in three of Oklahoma’s 13 games. After his initial injury against BYU, Bradford returned three weeks later and posted his usual stat line (389 YDS, 1 TD) in the Sooners 33 – 7 victory over Baylor. But a week later against Texas, he reinjured his shoulder and was lost for the rest of the year. Even though there are a lot of questions and concerns about Bradford’s shoulder, the fact is if he throws well during his Pro Day in April, and shows the same accuracy and strength on his throws that he displayed while starring for Oklahoma, there’s no question that he will be the first quarterback selected in the draft. He may even be the No. 1 overall pick if all of his medical evaluations come back clean, because even though Ndamukong Suh is the clear-cut No. 1 prospect in the draft, the St. Louis Rams have a much bigger need at quarterback than they do at defensive tackle. When healthy, Bradford has the overall intangibles and ability that translate into being a star quarterback in the NFL. greyline.png

And he still hasn't come back and provided the link. I hate when people just drop unspecific info that they heard without a link.

Well, it is actually against the rules on this board. I have a feeling he has nothing, which might earn him a break from this place if the right mod gets ahold of him.

im on shefters twitter page right now and dont see any comments about bradford.

Might he have said it on TV? I can't watch anything right now, but supposedly ESPN is doing big time combine coverage right now and Schefter would be there and reporting.

I doubt he said this though and I doubt it happens. Bradford will be there at 4.

Might he have said it on TV? I can't watch anything right now, but supposedly ESPN is doing big time combine coverage right now and Schefter would be there and reporting.

I doubt he said this though and I doubt it happens. Bradford will be there at 4.

I'm thinking the guy with the "drive-by post" who said that meant that Schefter said he was confident he'd be the Skin's first pick. Who knows though. I also don't see the Rams taking him at #1. Much more of a risk there then at #4, especially with the studly defensive talent available (that are safer picks), and the fact that they have a defensive-minded HC and a horrendous defense.

I'm thinking the guy with the "drive-by post" who said that meant that Schefter said he was confident he'd be the Skin's first pick. Who knows though. I also don't see the Rams taking him at #1. Much more of a risk there then at #4, especially with the studly defensive talent available (that are safer picks), and the fact that they have a defensive-minded HC and a horrendous defense.

Mayock said to take Bradford in the top 2 would mean to pass on All-Pro guys in Suh and McCoy. If he's willing to make that strong of a claim about them, then they are incredible. Kiper said Suh was the best he'd seen in 32 years. The Lions might have been willing to reach for Stafford in a down class, but the Rams won't reach for Bradford over one of those two players. Remember how much of a fuss people made about Michael Crabtree's injury? I doubt the Rams will take a guy they haven't seen play in a year.

I wish SB and CM were both going to throw this wknd. I'd like to see an apples to apples comparison of the route tree and see what throws each struggled with.

No one else responded b/c its a difficult question to answer. Plus you won't get as many emotional responses, so how is that any funnnnn.

Archived