Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official game thread: Washington at Carolina.

Art

We do have a couple of starters out. Oddly we're getting good pass rush pressure it seems. I'm not able to see the game so I don't know if the running success is against the line or the backers or a combo. Who's watching that can assess it to this point?

Some of you need to relax. A lot of our defensive starters didn't even play tonite.

And the one that did were pretty much out of th game with 4 or 5 minutes left in the 1st quarter.

And Carolina still is using thier starting offense. Of course its a mis-match.

Just chill... geez. :)

Skins Guy

The one real weakness you can envision with our line is we aren't a big line. We may have trouble in short yardage. I don't have any problem with packing things tight and going at it. Spurrier might do more spread formations later in the year. This is the preseason. I'm happy with trying traditional short yardage stuff. Hell, I'd run the same play on fourth :).

I think if we go back and look at one of Davis' 20 yard runs we can see a play where the OLB overran the play and SD got outside of the tackle and was able to rumble downfield. That was not a factor in the play of the DTs.

I agree the DTs have not been strong, but this is the first game Noble and Haley have started together here and we are down 2 players at DE due to injuries.

Archived