Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official game thread: Washington at Carolina.

Art

Al,

I love ya buddy, but our starters played about 10 plays. On one long Davis run he was stuffed in the middle and exploited Arrington overrunning the play according to the announcers. You're watching it though so I'm not arguing with you until I see it.

I just think it's INSANE to worry about this until we see our starters together. Even then we should know that little that comes from the preseason should be considered all that earth shattering when it comes to how we may or may not do.

If our tackles were getting gutted you'd think the announcers would mention it ONCE. They aren't though. To each his own. I'm sure we'll see a bit more soon enough.

R Johnson checks down to C Morton who runs for 14

R Johnson scrambles out of the pocket avoids sack by thorwing ball away.

Flag pass intereferenc panthers

1st and 10 skins at the 47

Pressure up the gut R Johnson pass is called a fumble time for a challenge

art....yes it wasn't much....but I'm watching it on the telly bub....you can see the abscence of dominating physical talent at DT.......mark my words....Edwards will be scheming all year on how to get around this. we will see more stunts, blitzes, etc to compensate. and this creates a higher risk defense....

typical doom and gloom fans I see at the games. Geez, 6-0 in the first preseason contest and already there are 'sky is falling' scenarios being discussed :laugh:

I remember the Redskins losing 45-7 in a preseason game to the Patriots one year that the team went 12-4 and ended up in the NFC Title game :)

Dominating talent? To tell the truth I can't determine from two or three series with a patchwork of starters what the capabilities of this DL will be come week 6 or 7 of the regular season............

So, Noble and Haley are salad after 10 plays and no improvement or better coordination there is possible?

Jackson can't be a factor there even though he has looked solid, albeit against a mix of starters and backups for Carolina?

Most of the posts on this thread are fine. But some of the whining on this thread is pathetic. :P

We've played one half of the first preseason game (key words there FIRST PRE-SEASON) and some of you are already throwing in the towel for the regular season?!?! What a bunch of fair weather MFers you are (not everybody... just the whiners). :) The Redskins don't need fans like you. :P

Anyway, I like the fact that Spurrier is stickin to his plan of pulling his starters when he said he was and not PANICKING! Theres no reason to keep someone out there just to have them blow thier knee out in a meaningless game.

Skins Guy

Originally posted by fansince62

art....yes it wasn't much....but I'm watching it on the telly bub....you can see the abscence of dominating physical talent at DT.......mark my words....Edwards will be scheming all year on how to get around this. we will see more stunts, blitzes, etc to compensate. and this creates a higher risk defense....

Al,

I love a higher risk defense. I've been praying for a higher risk defense for years. If we run a higher risk defense I'll drool. I don't mind big plays against if the team is also making big plays obviously.

bulldog....no not doom & gloom .....the offense has also sucked tonight...but I believe the talent is there to be top tier. DT is going to be the achilles heel of the defense. I have been arguiing that point for months - since the moment gardener was dumped to be exact.

Actually, Ramsey was just 2 for 6 but had three drops. Seems Johnson was in and NFL.com initially said it was Ramsey. Anyway, that's not bad. What's bad is the silly mistakes like dropping the ball. That can be corrected obviously and it better be.

Archived