Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per John Clayton: Redskins to put 1st and 3rd round tender on Campbell (MET)

MAATopDogg

Put a 1st and 3rd round tender on Campbell

One thing that you need to remember is...

In the case of RFA, if a player has been tendered the origional team can STILL negotiate the picks they will recieve if a player is signed by another team.

EXAMPLE: If Jason Campbell is made an offer that qualifies for a 1st and 3rd, and another team is interested in him but does not want to give a 1st and 3rd, they can still negotiate with us and offer a 2nd or 3rd or 1st... what-ever they would like to offer... we CAN accept less than what the tender compensation is.

IF somehow some team is interested in him, I dont care what the coaches think of him, this could very well help us in the future rebuild this offensive line. Maybe ship Fred Davis for a 2nd and we could have ourselves a draft.. Davis is better than any TE coming out this year

IF somehow some team is interested in him, I dont care what the coaches think of him, this could very well help us in the future rebuild this offensive line. Maybe ship Fred Davis for a 2nd and we could have ourselves a draft.. Davis is better than any TE coming out this year

IMO, Fred Davis is legit and we should keep him. He is 10x more athletic than Chris Cooley. I know I know, everyone loves Cooley and as Joe Gibbs would say he is a core Redskins.....but we need youth, not get rid of it. We have to do everything in the best interest of the Washington Redskins.

IMO, Fred Davis is legit and we should keep him. He is 10x more athletic than Chris Cooley. I know I know, everyone loves Cooley and as Joe Gibbs would say he is a core Redskins.....but we need youth, not get rid of it. We have to do everything in the best interest of the Washington Redskins.

I rather have a OT than a 2nd TE.. Of course he is more athletic than cooley but we wont get fair value for cooley

It suggests that the Redskins would not accept less than a first rounder for him though. If the Redskins would be content with less than a first rounder then they would have tendered him at the first round level.

Not true. The Redskins have to offer him at least 110% of his 2009 salary. The difference between 110% of his 2009 salary and the 1st and 3rd level is negligible. It also gives the Skins more leverage.

So this has to mean he's going to be a redskins next season right?? Even if a team does decide to talk with the skins about picks, what team would come forward?? Especially with this draft that has some pretty good prospects at QB

Would anybody want him for a 1st? He may have improved his trade value this past year. This is considered a weak draft for QB's and free agency looks pretty thin as well. I highly doubt it but I can dream.

Only way I see that happening is if some team provides a LATE first...and the teams at the bottom of the draft don't really need a QB. That's why they are at the bottom of the draft, lol.

If we could somehow snag the Rams' second rounder for him, that would be great.

So this has to mean he's going to be a redskins next season right?? Even if a team does decide to talk with the skins about picks, what team would come forward?? Especially with this draft that has some pretty good prospects at QB

Buffalo may be interested. They are in need of a QB, and its possible that since they draft 9th, with the Rams, Redskins, Seahawks and maybe the Browns looking at qbs and drafting ahead of them, that they may pull the trigger, giving up their second and third round picks.

Would be good for us.

It allows the Redskins the option to negotiate a trade for him if a team is interested. No team is going to give up a first and third for Campbell. However, we may get a third or fourth round pick for him. Or, keep him. It gives us total leverage. Smart move.

It allows the Redskins the option to negotiate a trade for him if a team is interested. No team is going to give up a first and third for Campbell. However, we may get a third or fourth round pick for him. Or, keep him. It gives us total leverage. Smart move.

Totally agree. It's like putting your used car up for sale. You want $2000 out of it so you advertise it at $2,500 and see if you get any bites. I hope it's true, I just can't see MS wasting the time to integrate Jason into his offense for one year. The amount of time to integrate him and help him unlearn bad habits would be more costly than starting with a clean slate.

With the amount of talent we have between just MS and BA I don't think our o-line will be in as much trouble in 2010 as most think. It may take some serious wheeling and dealing but I think between FA and the Draft BA can make certain a new QB can start without getting destroyed. Maybe I'm just optimistic.

Archived