Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per John Clayton: Redskins to put 1st and 3rd round tender on Campbell (MET)

MAATopDogg

Also FYI to the OP: the mods won't take kindly to your thread title being a "mystery" one, in that you force the readers to open the thread to see what it's about. Just tryna keep you out of trouble! :D
No one is forced to read a thread.

Actually, terps is right (though MAAT's not going to be penalized) and terps is doing what we have always asked members to do for helping self-police this forum. This is also mentioned on our rules page.

You, however, still seem to be suffering from a case of pissy-itis and a related condition of message board oppositional disorder :pfft: when it comes to this board's operation. And, your post here could be considered spam (which we're really discouraging):

#3. Spam is strictly prohibited.

Examples:

Very short posts that do not add value to the topic

Your post offers nothing that isn't beyond obvious and didn't need to be said, had absolutely no useful point to the topic or even anything else, and was apparently made only in service of your issues. I advise you to get with the program. :)

Totally agree. It's like putting your used car up for sale. You want $2000 out of it so you advertise it at $2,500 and see if you get any bites. I hope it's true, I just can't see MS wasting the time to integrate Jason into his offense for one year. The amount of time to integrate him and help him unlearn bad habits would be more costly than starting with a clean slate.

With the amount of talent we have between just MS and BA I don't think our o-line will be in as much trouble in 2010 as most think. It may take some serious wheeling and dealing but I think between FA and the Draft BA can make certain a new QB can start without getting destroyed. Maybe I'm just optimistic.

I agree why waste the time if you know he'll only be here one year. I think our line will be built through FA and it would be a total waste to use our 4th on a OT. I could see if there were a prospect in this draft like a Tony Boselli. We can get a OL with our second and later picks. We'll probably get a 2nd for Jason then draft a QB with our first, a OL withour 1st 2nd rounder, and a RB with a 2nd 2nd rounder. I expect us to get most of our Oline in FA though.

I agree why waste the time if you know he'll only be here one year. I think our line will be built through FA and it would be a total waste to use our 4th on a OT. I could see if there were a prospect in this draft like a Tony Boselli. We can get a OL with our second and later picks. We'll probably get a 2nd for Jason then draft a QB with our first, a OL withour 1st 2nd rounder, and a RB with a 2nd 2nd rounder. I expect us to get most of our Oline in FA though.

We better hope not. Apparently you havent looked at the FA market. It can be discribed in 2 words

Old

Thin

We really might be better off trading out of the #4 and getting 2 starting O-Linemen out of it.

We better hope not. Apparently you havent looked at the FA market. It can be discribed in 2 words

Old

Thin

We really might be better off trading out of the #4 and getting 2 starting O-Linemen out of it.

We can get OL in the later rounds and there are some Unrestricted FA linemen that fit our scheme on the Texans, Broncos, Niners, Saints. Look at the Colts, not one 1st rounder on there OL and I believe some of them weren't even drafted. One OL in the 1st round is not going to solve our OL problems. Plus some of the FA OL won't require any big dollars.

We can get OL in the later rounds and there are some Unrestricted FA linemen that fit our scheme on the Texans, Broncos, Niners, Saints. Look at the Colts, not one 1st rounder on there OL and I believe some of them weren't even drafted. One OL in the 1st round is not going to solve our OL problems.

yeah I think they will adress OL by FA and the draft in the latter rounds cause the type of lineman shanny likes are not the big monsters most teams perfer.He likes small,smart,and fast lineman.

We can get OL in the later rounds and there are some Unrestricted FA linemen that fit our scheme on the Texans, Broncos, Niners, Saints. Look at the Colts, not one 1st rounder on there OL and I believe some of them weren't even drafted. One OL in the 1st round is not going to solve our OL problems.

And that approach has worked so well for us thus far.....:doh:

Old

Thin

but hes right. even if you like jason you cant possibly think hes a legitimate future QB for this organization, so why would shanahan tread water with him for one year? why waste all that time pouring your playbook and things into a guy if hes only a one year stop gap?

unless you can say with a straight face that jason is worth keeping around for 5 more years.......

but hes right. even if you like jason you cant possibly think hes a legitimate future QB for this organization, so why would shanahan tread water with him for one year? why waste all that time pouring your playbook and things into a guy if hes only a one year stop gap?

unless you can say with a straight face that jason is worth keeping around for 5 more years.......

There are a lot of people willing to say that.

No its because we spent to little draft picks period on OL.That does'nt mean u have to spend your top pick on a lineman but we do need to pick up atleast 3 starters and a couple of back ups through FA and the draft.

Yes, and the best way to do that is to trade down and get 3 day one picks and possibly another mid round pick.

I have no idea what our current FO is going to do. As to why he might keep a guy that was a average qb behind a line that ranked 27th or worse in just about every possible catagory (run and pass) maybe he thinks the qb isnt the problem with the offense. But since you're so well informed and know Mike so well (you ARE on a first name basis, right), I'm sure you know exactly what he will do.

I have no idea what our current FO is going to do. As to why he might keep a guy that was a average qb behind a line that ranked 27th or worse in just about every possible catagory (run and pass) maybe he thinks the qb isnt the problem with the offense. But since you're so well informed and know Mike so well (you ARE on a first name basis, right), I'm sure you know exactly what he will do.

well be a gambling man. do you think mike shanahan is going to hitch his wagon as redskins head coach to the jason campbell train?

if i was a betting man, id bet all my money on no.

Archived