Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DailyMail: Lord of the Rings prequel made by a fanatic using her £25,000 Life Savings...

FLRedskins

Movie done for about 39,000 US Dollars You can check the story out here or go straight to youtube if the link is down and just type in City of Hope

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1249966/Lord-Rings-fanatic-reaps-fruit-labour-self-funded-prequel-Born-Of-Hope-scores-500-000-views-internet.html

This has nothing to do with the Redskins and should have been posted in the Tailgate forums.

LOTR may be a massive work and I never bothered to finish it but the movies were amazing

I thought Jackson was doing a Hobbit sequel but my news is outdated and he might have changed course. Honestly I have no passion or interest in reading the books anymore (I still have the trilogy behind me right now in the bookcase, haven't touched it in years)

LOTR may be a massive work and I never bothered to finish it but the movies were amazing

I thought Jackson was doing a Hobbit sequel but my news is outdated and he might have changed course. Honestly I have no passion or interest in reading the books anymore (I still have the trilogy behind me right now in the bookcase, haven't touched it in years)

They are doing The Hobbit as two movies, produced by Peter Jackson but not directed. I don't think the first once comes out until like 2012 though.

I am a huge Low tar fan.

The Hobbit was the first book I remember reading and thinking, "wow. What a great story."

I own the cartoon version, which is worth a watch if anyone is interested. Bilbo's story is great.

Here it is if anyone wants to watch.

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=5FDWTOQ3

At least give it 5 min...this is a 4 star film (even if it is a 1977 cartoon)

7929_706364802369_25829294_41292667_3039407_n.jpg

These are trolls from Norway, my friends had me do this pic as a joke. They clown me for how much I like LOTR.

I am a huge Low tar fan.

The Hobbit was the first book I remember reading and thinking, "wow. What a great story."

I own the cartoon version, which is worth a watch if anyone is interested. Bilbo's story is great.

Here it is if anyone wants to watch.

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=5FDWTOQ3

At least give it 5 min...this is a 4 star film (even if it is a 1977 cartoon)

These are trolls from Norway, my friends had me do this pic as a joke. They clown me for how much I like LOTR.

It would probably be pretty expensive, but if you somehow had the money you should consider hopping over to New Zealand and checking out all the places they filmed for the movies. A friend of mine from college went to New Zealand right after graduation for a little bit and the pictures from there are fascinating. These are some of the pics I grabbed from her Facebook:

Mount Doom:

mtdoom.jpg

Helm's Deep:

helmsdeep.jpg

Random sign on a trail:

hobbito.jpg

They are doing The Hobbit as two movies, produced by Peter Jackson but not directed. I don't think the first once comes out until like 2012 though.
Last I heard, Guillermo del Toro was directing The Hobbit.

That helms deep pic nice.

If I do end up going to NZ then I don't think I would waste my time walking for hours on the LOTR's trail. I hear that is one of their biggest attractions nowadays.

I am leaving Sydney and going to Melbourne this week. Next on my list is either Thailand or Fiji.

Anyway, I'll beat the **** outta anyone who says LOTR is gay

From the article:

Her story was based on two paragraphs Tolkien included in the appendix to his books, which mentioned the adventures of Arathorn and Gilraen, the parents of Aragorn, who was played in the Jackson films by Viggo Mortensen.

I guess she is an uber LOTR geek if she made a prequel movie out of two paragraphs.

I consider The Hobbit to be the prequel.

Archived