Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Winter Weather Watch Thread (Feb 22-25; coastal storm?)

Sticksboi05

I think it's safe to say that the Federal Government will be closed this entire week because METRO is ****ed.

http://www.wmata.com/about_metro/news/PressReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=4294

New snow storm likely to limit afternoon, evening service

On Tuesday, Feb. 9, the Metrorail system will open at 5 a.m. with limited service and may close early depending on weather conditions as more snow and below-freezing temperatures are expected. Fifteen stations will remain closed due to heavy snow drifts on the tracks. A combination of six- and eight-car trains will operate at 30-minute intervals and travel at maximum speeds of 35 miles per hour. Limited Metrobus service will begin at 5 a.m.

MetroAccess will operate limited service between 8 a.m. and noon Tuesday for customers whose trips are associated with life-sustaining medical needs such as chemotherapy and dialysis. After noon, MetroAccess will provide return-trips only to help get customers home.

Metrorail service for Tuesday morning (Feb. 9)

• Red Line Limited Service: Medical Center to Union Station and Glenmont to Forest Glen

• Blue Line Limited Service: Franconia-Springfield to Stadium-Armory

• Green Line Full Service: Greenbelt to Branch Avenue

• Orange Line Full Service: Vienna to New Carrollton

• Yellow Line Full Service: Huntington to Fort Totten

Metrorail stations that will remain closed on Tuesday include Shady Grove, Rockville, Twinbrook, White Flint, Grosvenor-Strathmore, New York Ave-Florida Ave-Gallaudet U, Rhode Island Ave-Brentwood, Brookland-CUA, Silver Spring and Takoma Metrorail stations on the Red Line and Benning Road, Capitol Heights, Addison Road-Seat Pleasant, Morgan Boulevard and Largo Town Center Metrorail stations on the Blue Line all due to snow drifts on the tracks of three to six feet.

Approximately 75 percent of Metro parking spaces will be available for parking.

Rail customers are encouraged to use station elevators from the street level into and out of the stations as they are safer than escalators in this type of heavy snowfall.

Actually, I work for a gov't contractor, but we don't get the paid days off :mad:

I would be screwed if I didn't build up my leave luckily unlike most of my co-workers I don't take many days off so I have enough built up to last about a week and a half. :bluesbros:

I've always wondered why people take all the bread, eggs, and milk when there is a huge storm. Are people living off french toast?

I made French toast yesterday, it was good. Especially with bacon.

Maybe I should make that again tomorrow. Hmmm...

I would be screwed if I didn't build up my leave luckily unlike most of my co-workers I don't take many days off so I have enough built up to last about a week and a half. :bluesbros:
I rarely use leave too. I've got enougy for like 2 weeks :bluesbros:

Archived