Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Winter Weather Watch Thread (Feb 22-25; coastal storm?)

Sticksboi05

I have enough leave. I have about 130 hours...

I have like 230+....

Not sure how that happened. I guess I should take a vacation... :whoknows:

Radar update:

inmaSIRUS_.gif

No change in discussion:

Long term /Tuesday night through Monday/...

by 12z Wednesday...coastal low begins to bomb out east of the Delaware-Maryland-Virginia while deep upper low attains negative tilt as it sweeps across County warning forecast area. The combo of these two processes initiates strong cold air advection. The added effects of the dynamic and advective cooling would support steepened lapse rates...which will enhance accumulate amts and wipe out any dry slot. Model soundings depict a deep satd layer with ample lift with/in snow growth region Wednesday. To that end feel probability of precipitation/accums need to be increased. In particular...profiles in balt-wash metropolitan support periods of heavy snow Wednesday morning...W/ banded structures expeceted. Snowfall rates of 1-2 inches/hour realistic. Have added these features into the database.

Anthr concern are winds...since surface p-gradient tight and strong 800 mb winds should effectively mix to surface. That will make blowing/drifting snow an added concern. Too far out to address headline-wise...there/S the

potl it may have to be.

This storm might end up being worse than the last one because of the wind.

www.footsforcast.org

Foot's Forecast Winterman KAHUNA FINAL CALL 8:40PM 2/8: Here are your predicted amounts from Foot's Forecast: Central MD: 16-22", SE PA: 16-22", NJ: 18-24", Northern Delaware: 12-20", Northern VA: 6-10", WVA: 8-14", Northern Eastern Shore: 12-18", Lower Eastern shore 8-12".

so you're telling me that it's BS that a contractor doing the same job as me makes anywhere between 20 - 40K more a year? If you're so bitter about govie benefits why don't you just come over to the darkside and become a govie;)

I am seriously contemplating it...they will match my current salary...having to use my PTO days is really starting to hurt.

This storm might end up being worse than the last one because of the wind.

www.footsforcast.org

Foot's Forecast Winterman KAHUNA FINAL CALL 8:40PM 2/8: Here are your predicted amounts from Foot's Forecast: Central MD: 16-22", SE PA: 16-22", NJ: 18-24", Northern Delaware: 12-20", Northern VA: 6-10", WVA: 8-14", Northern Eastern Shore: 12-18", Lower Eastern shore 8-12".

Yep, we're in that 18 to 24 range. The next models could show an increase for most areas.

You're gonna have alot more snow to shovel this week...get over it. You're in the prime of your life, my 50 year old neighbor handles it like a champ.

whos talking about shoveling????? I'm just tired of the ****ing snow. There are things that need to be done rather then being stuck in the ****ing house.

whos talking about shoveling????? I'm just tired of the ****ing snow. There are things that need to be done rather then being stuck in the ****ing house.

True, but I make do. During the Blizzard of 09 I just walked everywhere. It was awesome to see a metropolitan area completely shut down.

I don't mind a little bit of snow but when it cripples everything, I can't get to work and messes up my weekend plans among other things

Yeah I'm the opposite. A little snow is just a nuisance that you have to trek through. If it's gonna snow I want the area shut down.

Archived