Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I hate Conference Championship Sunday.

MontanaSkins

We have probably a top innovative genius running our team and will cater plays to our players not vice versa. Saunders and Zorn tried to implement schemes that this team couldn't handle. Shanny will not do that I bet u that. Just with him we are a 7 win team by default

Good vid right there ix. Memories.

Here is another memory on Championship Sunday(think this game was actually played on a Saturday)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUtfX2IMetY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUtfX2IMetY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

In 2005 we were in the Divisional Playoffs and lost to the seachucks or else we would have been in Conf. Championship. So that was like 5 years ago.

We are not that far being back in it again. :)

Although Brunell was physically useless by that point - if frickin Carlos Rogers hadn't dropped that pick 6 it would've been momentum for our side argggh

So, you must not have watched any games.

That's why Shanny's going to get rid of him. Speaks for itself. You don't know what your talking about. Portis was only healthy one season out of six at the end of the year.

How did Portis do in playoffs games? He sucked. He's never healthy at the end of the regular season so subsequently, he never performed in the post season.

What would John Riggins have been if he didn't perform in the post season Einstein? :doh: You obviously don't know real RB when you see them.

He hasn't been in the league as you say. He was fired then working as a sportscaster. In that case maybe Terry Howie or Jimmy would do just as well as our new HC!

With that being said, are we in for Shanny 2.0 just the same as Gibbs 2.0? A HC that is afraid to be agressive?

Do you even understand the difference in Gibbs 2.0 vs Shanny 2.0? I really don't think that you do or you wouldn't have made this post. So, since you are out of tune, let me break it down for you.

Gibbs 1.0 ended in 1992 in a completely different era than the modern day NFL. Back then, you could win games playing not to lose with an excellent running game and decent defense/passing game.

Gibbs 2.0 started in 2004, twelve (12) years after the first stint. Do you realize how much the game changed since then? Did we make the playoffs twice under Gibbs 2.0, yes. Were we anywhere close to a contender, no.

Shanny 1.0 ended in December of 2008 where he spent the last 14 years as a head coach in the NFL.

Shanny 2.0 started in January 2010 with the Redskins. He has been out of coaching for one (1) year and continued to watch and break down game tapes/film the entire year as he knew he would land another head coaching job.

This is nothing like being removed for 12 years to casually watch football while building a NASCAR team. Also, do you care to back your statement that Shanny is not aggressive? I seem to remember him taking shots down the field and producing top 10 offenses year in and out. :doh:

It obviously DOES take alot because we haven't been their in Eons.

The Jets have a great defense and a real, between the tackles, running game. When was the last time you saw that from us???

Look at the Cardinals run last year...Edge was "okay"...but their defense isn't as good as ours...

The Jets were 4-12 two years ago...

None of the final 4 Conference Championship participants even won a playoff game last year...

We could be at the top in no time at all...

...so could the Lions...so could the Browns...so could the Rams...this is the nature of the NFL nowadays

I'll agree to the coaching only. However, it is still the same leader-less, bunch of quitters that went 4-12 a few weeks ago. They have leaders in coaches but none on the field. That is why this team quit. That is why in part,this team went 4-12. NO leaders ON the field.

I have faith that Shanny will find some leaders in our current locker room and bring in some others either through the draft or free agency that will turn into leaders too.

We can only hope that he figures out who the real quitters where and flushes them too.

Do you even understand the difference in Gibbs 2.0 vs Shanny 2.0? I really don't think that you do or you wouldn't have made this post. So, since you are out of tune, let me break it down for you.

Gibbs 1.0 ended in 1992 in a completely different era than the modern day NFL. Back then, you could win games playing not to lose with an excellent running game and decent defense/passing game.

Gibbs 2.0 started in 2004, twelve (12) years after the first stint. Do you realize how much the game changed since then? Did we make the playoffs twice under Gibbs 2.0, yes. Were we anywhere close to a contender, no.

Shanny 1.0 ended in December of 2008 where he spent the last 14 years as a head coach in the NFL.

Shanny 2.0 started in January 2010 with the Redskins. He has been out of coaching for one (1) year and continued to watch and break down game tapes/film the entire year as he knew he would land another head coaching job.

This is nothing like being removed for 12 years to casually watch football while building a NASCAR team. Also, do you care to back your statement that Shanny is not aggressive? I seem to remember him taking shots down the field and producing top 10 offenses year in and out. :doh:

You beat me to this.

Gibbs 2.0 vs Shanny 2.0 is not even close by 1 thousand miles.

I can feel the pain. Since Dan Snyder bought the Skins in 1999, only 4 of the 16 teams in the NFC have failed to play in an NFC Championship Game.

Redskins

Cowboys

49ers

Lions

How's that for a decade plus of incompetence?

Note: Since Snyder has owned the team the Eagles have appeared in 5 NFC Title Games and the Giants in 2.

Just look at the Jets and think the redskins could be that Cinderella team next year.. It doesn't take long to get back to the top in this watered down NFL

This is how I feel. I even mentioned this to a co-worker the other day. We don't have as good a defense as they do. But we're only a piece or two from having a top flight defense. And we could very well start a rookie next year. We don't really have a great running game though. And that's what makes it all work for the Jets. But Shanahan could get that area turned around. Just need some big uglies up front.

Look at the Cardinals run last year...Edge was "okay"...but their defense isn't as good as ours...

The Jets were 4-12 two years ago...

None of the final 4 Conference Championship participants even won a playoff game last year...

We could be at the top in no time at all...

...so could the Lions...so could the Browns...so could the Rams...this is the nature of the NFL nowadays

And did the Cardinals win anything last year??

And 3 out of the 4 had their QB's in place too right?? We need to get our QB situation resolved because most likely, until that's done, we don't have a realistic shot at winning.

You see, I'm not interested in just "being in the hunt". I want to win it.

"being in the hunt" is for organazations not used to wining championships.

Go ask the Yankees, The Steelers, The 49ers,..teams that have won are not just happy to "be in the hunt".

He hasn't been in the league as you say. He was fired then working as a sportscaster. In that case maybe Terry Howie or Jimmy would do just as well as our new HC!

With that being said, are we in for Shanny 2.0 just the same as Gibbs 2.0? A HC that is afraid to be agressive?

Shanahan's only been out of football for ONE year. During that ONE year, he has had a coaching office set up, has studied film and kept up to the date on what's been happening in the league.

Shanahan is a different case from Gibbs 2.0. Keep in mind that the current Super Bowl winning coach, Tom Coughlin, was out of a football for a year before he was hired by New York, after being fired from Jacksonville the year before. I think if anything, that's a better comparison than a Shanahan/Gibbs comparison.

And did the Cardinals win anything last year??

And 3 out of the 4 had their QB's in place too right?? We need to get our QB situation resolved because most likely, until that's done, we don't have a realistic shot at winning.

You see, I'm not interested in just "being in the hunt". I want to win it.

"being in the hunt" is for organazations not used to wining championships.

Go ask the Yankees, The Steelers, The 49ers,..teams that have won are not just happy to "be in the hunt".

The Cardinals were one Big Ben to Santonio Holmes drive away form winning it all...I only wish the Redskins were in THAT position a couple times in the next 5 years.

And although I DO remember vividly the "Glory Years", we as a fan base are not "used to" being in the hunt...

As great as Peyton Manning is...the Colts have only won a single Super Bowl with him...that could change in 2 weeks...but the thing about the Colts, Steelers, Patriots, Eagles...they are always " in the hunt".

Think of it like this...MOST of the time...Peyton Manning fails...MOST of the time, Tom Brady fails...MOST of the time, Ben Roethilsberger fails...but these guys are ALWAYS IN THE HUNT...and they have each won their share...

All I'm saying..."Shanny, get us in the hunt...I'll take the law of averages..."

The Cardinals were one Big Ben to Santonio Holmes drive away form winning it all...I only wish the Redskins were in THAT position a couple times in the next 5 years.

And although I DO remember vividly the "Glory Years", we as a fan base are not "used to" being in the hunt...

As great as Peyton Manning is...the Colts have only won a single Super Bowl with him...that could change in 2 weeks...but the thing about the Colts, Steelers, Patriots, Eagles...they are always " in the hunt".

Think of it like this...MOST of the time...Peyton Manning fails...MOST of the time, Tom Brady fails...MOST of the time, Ben Roethilsberger fails...but these guys are ALWAYS IN THE HUNT...and they have each won their share...

All I'm saying..."Shanny, get us in the hunt...I'll take the law of averages..."

Gotcha. Walk before you can run. I get it. Well, if we want that, the teams you mentioned have their franchise QB in place. And that what we need also. Hopefully Bradford or Clausen will be evaluated as such by Shanny. If not, then we build the lines like we used to have back in the glory days.

Archived