Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why to trade Jason Campbell....

Looking For Number Four

youre completely out of your mind if you think hes worth "at least a 3rd rounder". posting pedestrian numbers on a horrid team and displaying many inabilities at the NFL level does not net you a pick as high as that.

If allen got a 4th for him id be jumping for joy.

Say what u want about the guy, but his numbers don't lie. He improves every year in a different offense. He can play under horrible conditions. (no protection) If you trade a starting QB you must get value for him or there is no use of trading him. JASON IS A STARTER. I think he has proven that.

He might not be a "Franchise QB", but he's a good QB

Besides how many "Franchise QBs" are there: 6?

Manning

Brady

Brees

Rivers

Big Ben

Rodgers

NO THEY CAN NOT JUST STICK COLT BEHIND THE O/L AS A STARTER. So far COLT has been nothing but garbage bag juice. You cant just through him in as a starter. This is the NFL. Colt shouldnt even be on our team right now, Chase Daniel crapped on him in the battle last pre-season.

Ding! Yet Chase Daniel is gone. Zorn still haunts us.

];7242925']There is NO team that would take Lienart over Campbell.

I understand that you dislike him' date=' but Lienart has always looked bad at QB in the NFL, and when he is going into the offseason as a starter, he ends up partying and taking pictures.

Hardly the kind of guy you want to build around. Campbell has upside and character.[/quote']

I feel bad for you Ghost. Your going to be so disappointed when the offers come in for JC.

Maybe so, but Leinhart will end up with better career numbers. Take it to the bank.

:doh:

Yeah Right. If this guys can't throw to Fitz, Boldin, and Breaston what do u think he could do with our offense. Do you think he would do better than Jason? As a matter of fact. How do you think Cutler or Sanchez would have done in this offense? Prob 35 ints

I think Zorn was a little spun, when it came to talking about out QBs.

Dude, I wouldn't even doubt it. I honestly hoped that he made a "maroon and black" mistake because Daniel clearly outplayed Brennan and Collins. Hell, he was threatening Campbell in terms of overall performance (keeping in mind with whom he was playing).

:doh:

Yeah Right. If this guys can't throw to Fitz, Boldin, and Breaston what do u think he could do with our offense.

Yeah I understand what you are saying. I'm not trying to empirically prove that Leinhart is somehow better than Campbell right now. I would just be willing to wager a good sum that 10 years from now, Leinhart will have better career numbers than Campbell.

NO THEY CAN NOT JUST STICK COLT BEHIND THE O/L AS A STARTER. So far COLT has been nothing but garbage bag juice. You cant just through him in as a starter. This is the NFL. Colt shouldnt even be on our team right now, Chase Daniel crapped on him in the battle last pre-season.

Hypocrisy knows no bounds when it comes to JC! Colt who has not had a chance to play can't, JC who's had every opportunity to play and succeed has not, yet we can't afford to start Colt? What is the thought process here, Colt will finish worse than 4-11? I have seen Colt make passes in pre season JC can only dream about, funny how JC has every excuse on the planet, yet a player like Colt who has had minimal playing time to say the least is judged as a failure. what a joke!

On another note, the only ones who had Chase making the team and unseating Colt was the JC love-fest, the rest of us new he was nothing more than camp fodder, there was no real legitimacy to Chase making the team, the JC love-fest saw an opportunity to use Chase in the same manner against Colt as they have perceived Colt has been used against JC. One big problem though colt can actually play, and is actually a legitimate threat to JC, where as Chase was going no where, that is why an injured Colt was preferred over a healthy Chase!

jason is worth a 6th round pick. exactly what ramsey was worth.

Slightly different situations.

Everyone alive knew Gibbs was through with Ramsey: he benched him after playing one quarter of the 1st game of the season and had already drafted his replacement earlier in the year. But even then the Jets were offering up a rather high draft pick for Ramsey in the middle of the 2005 season when their QBs started dropping like flies. This was a year after the Dolphins offered up a 1st rounder for Ramsey. The Jets severely lowered their trade price after a new coach was hired (Mangini) and I believe even a new GM. Ramsey did absolutely zilch to cause his trade worth to drop from the time the Jets asked about him to the time he was traded for a 6th rounder.

Right now, nobody knows how Shanahan views Campbell outside of a few comments about his best days being ahead of him, and that caused half of ES to have a meltdown because they thought it meant Campbell was staying here forever lol...and as of right now we don't have his obvious replacement already on the roster like Gibbs did with Ramsey.

Yeah I understand what you are saying. I'm not trying to empirically prove that Leinhart is somehow better than Campbell right now. I would just be willing to wager a good sum that 10 years from now, Leinhart will have better career numbers than Campbell.

I'd take you up on that...because I have absolutely NO faith in Leinhart's abilities. None. I would even bet that he's not even in the NFL in 3 years.

Why? The last few rookie QBs were just thrown in there, why not CB5? What he needs is attentin this offseason and during training camp, just like any other rookie.

Hypocrisy knows no bounds when it comes to JC! Colt who has not had a chance to play can't, JC who's had every opportunity to play and succeed has not, yet we can't afford to start Colt? What is the thought process here, Colt will finish worse than 4-11? I have seen Colt make passes in pre season JC can only dream about, funny how JC has every excuse on the planet, yet a player like Colt who has had minimal playing time to say the least is judged as a failure. what a joke!

Man this one post OWNED a lot of people at one time. I have not seen this type of ownege since So CAL had is posting bet on JC stats. SO CAL kind of cleaned the board up with that bet LOL.

Say what u want about the guy, but his numbers don't lie. He improves every year in a different offense. He can play under horrible conditions. (no protection) If you trade a starting QB you must get value for him or there is no use of trading him. JASON IS A STARTER. I think he has proven that.

He might not be a "Franchise QB", but he's a good QB

Besides how many "Franchise QBs" are there: 6?

Manning

Brady

Brees

Rivers

Big Ben

Rodgers

Numbers do lie once you take the time to see how those numbers have been compiled, completion percentage on meaningless check downs does nothing for the team, but does help percentages, meaningless drives compile stats yet do nothing for the team, just because a team is dumb enough to make a starter out of a bag buy doesn't mean other teams need to pony up draft picks. NFL personnel people outside our organization are paid to figure these things out, not just read a post and look at his NUMBERS!

Hypocrisy knows no bounds when it comes to JC! Colt who has not had a chance to play can't' date=' JC who's had every opportunity to play and succeed has not, yet we can't afford to start Colt? What is the thought process here, Colt will finish worse than 4-11? I have seen Colt make passes in pre season JC can only dream about, funny how JC has every excuse on the planet, yet a player like Colt who has had minimal playing time to say the least is judged as a failure. what a joke![/quote']

Yet you go on to say this...

On another note, the only ones who had Chase making the team and unseating Colt was the JC love-fest, the rest of us new he was nothing more than camp fodder, there was no real legitimacy to Chase making the team, the JC love-fest saw an opportunity to use Chase in the same manner against Colt as they have perceived Colt has been used against JC. One big problem though colt can actually play, and is actually a legitimate threat to JC, where as Chase was going no where, that is why an injured Colt was preferred over a healthy Chase!

How do you go from ridiculing people who claim Colt is a failure even though he's been given "minimal playing time to say the least"...to saying Chase, who was given even LESS playing time, is "going nowhere", had no "real legitimate" chance at making the roster, and was nothing more than "camp fodder"? lol...

Talk about hypocritical ;)...apparently hypocrisy knows no bounds when it comes to JC bashers and Colt lovers as well.

I wish some team would give us a 2nd or 3rd round pick for this guy Candle strictly based on his stats and not having watched a single game of his.

I would be the happiest guy in the world.

just watching this guy JC play makes me sick to my stomach. this guy has to be the most incompetent 5th yr veteran in NFL history.

The OP is dazed and confused ... Campbell would not be preferred over Leinert or Rosenfels/Booty despite Jason's garbage stats. He has virtually no trade value. If any team wants him as a back/up ... all they have to do is wait for the Skins to release him ... which eventually they will.

I was just reading how Leinert's inaccuracy has been horrid and the receivers don't work well with him. JC would fit well in 'Zona's system.

I was just reading how Leinert's inaccuracy has been horrid and the receivers don't work well with him. JC would fit well in 'Zona's system.

why would Jc fit good in AZ when candle is one of the most inaccurate passer in the league. you think receivers liike fitzerald and boldin will settle for check downs? yo, their scheme doesnt even have fitzerald and boldin in check down situations. meaning, candle has to make THE throws, if u know what i mean. and when he does attempt those throws, he sucks bad. one of the worst at it.

why would Jc fit good in AZ when candle is one of the most inaccurate passer in the league. you think receivers liike fitzerald and boldin will settle for check downs? yo, their scheme doesnt even have fitzerald and boldin in check down situations. meaning, candle has to make THE throws, if u know what i mean. and when he does attempt those throws, he sucks bad. one of the worst at it.

Campbell's mid-range accuracy is rather good. Don't make the mistake of thinking Fitz and Boldin only catch passes 45 yards downfield. In fact, in 2008 Kurt Warner threw even LESS often downfield (30+ yards in the air) than Campbell did (stats from ESPN.com showed this).

They are a downfield passing team. JC is a pocket passer much like Warner. They both need time to throw the ball.

Archived