Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why to trade Jason Campbell....

Looking For Number Four

Campbell posted 20 TDs to 15 INTs, almost 3700 yards, all while being sacked 46 times and with a mediocre core of wide receivers. His completion percentage has improved from 53 to 60 to 62 to this season's 64 over the past four seasons. He had the 15th best passer rating in the league and amassed almost 400 more yards than last year with only one more passing attempt. All of these facts sum up to make Campbell one of the most prominent QB targets for teams that want someone young with upside, unlike McNabb (old, probably going to decline, and heavy pricetag). He is also more proven than Vick (recent history). If Farve or Warner do not come back he would seemingly be a great fit. Both have great defenses, good/great lines, good/great WRs, and good/great RBs which would mean they really only need someone who can manage the game and throw TDs along the way (unlike Jackson or Leinart). ARZ's WRs would make Campbell better than what he is and Beanie Wells appears to be able to make their running game a larger part of the offense. Sidney Rice is rapidly rising to star status and Harvin is not far behind, this along with the second best RB in the league would also make life easy for Campbell when coupled with the 2nd best o-line in football (Jets).

Perhaps STL want Suh and a QB, there is another situation that makes a lot of sense. Perhaps BUF is finally getting the picture that need a QB and if Tebow (stretch anyway), Claussen, and Bradford are gone their options are Campbell or one of the aforementioned old with limited upside or the question mark that is Vick.

Other QB options in draft:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2010_QB

LeFevour bandwagon, please read analysis:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/559484

That being said, the tenured contract requires teams to forfeit a 1st round pick to sign him. Perhaps we do them a favor and only demand a 2nd rounder. In which case we have two 2nd rounders, perhaps a phenomenal one if the trade were with STL. This along with Free Agency should be able to get the line back in the right direction and justify taking a shot at a franchise QB.

Here are some of the likely 2nd round lineman:

http://www.squidoo.com/NFL_Mock_Draft

There is also a pretty good chance that some team, Jets last year, become obsessed with one of these guys and makes us a deal we cannot refuse for the pick.

The OP is dazed and confused ... Campbell would not be preferred over Leinert or Rosenfels/Booty despite Jason's garbage stats. He has virtually no trade value. If any team wants him as a back/up ... all they have to do is wait for the Skins to release him ... which eventually they will.

What do you think JC trade value is. When we start getting offers then we can talk. I think a lot of people are going be surprised by what Jason is worth on the open market. A first round draft pick with 4 years in the NFL should pull a premium right. You tell me what you think he is worth, just for the record.

Bottom line: If the team isn't intent on keeping JC long term, which no one can think they will, then they should trade him...PERIOD!

They can stick Colt or some other Vet QB behind the OL while its being rebuilt and let the rookie QB (Bradford) sit.

"Colt or some other vet"? lol :)...How about "Colt or some vet" instead ;)...

The OP is dazed and confused ... Campbell would not be preferred over Leinert or Rosenfels/Booty despite Jason's garbage stats. He has virtually no trade value. If any team wants him as a back/up ... all they have to do is wait for the Skins to release him ... which eventually they will.

I think ur dazed and confused. What has those guys done in their careers besides be backups.:doh:

Jason Campbell put up good numbers behind an abouslutely garbage oline.

3,600 20 tds 15 ints 86 rating, 65 comp %

Thats not bad. I think he is at least worth a 3rd rounder because he is a above average starter with upside.

What do you think JC trade value is. When we start getting offers then we can talk. I think a lot of people are going be surprised by what Jason is worth on the open market. A first round draft pick with 4 years in the NFL should pull a premium right. You tell me what you think he is worth, just for the record.

What we think he's worth, or what we think the Skins could get for him? Big difference lol...Hell, Feely and Ramsey were generating high trade talk at points in their careers when they had not accomplished crappola and didn't have the stats to back up the trade offerings. Randy Moss, meanwhile, goes for a 4th rounder. I have zero idea what anyone would offer up for the rights to Campbell to be honest...Anywhere from a 3rd to a grilled cheese sandwich wouldn't surprise me. Anything above a 3rd would.

I think ur dazed and confused. What has those guys done in their careers besides be backups.:doh:

Jason Campbell put up good numbers behind an abouslutely garbage oline.

3,600 20 tds 15 ints 86 rating, 65 comp %

Thats not bad. I think he is at least worth a 3rd rounder because he is a above average starter with upside.

youre completely out of your mind if you think hes worth "at least a 3rd rounder". posting pedestrian numbers on a horrid team and displaying many inabilities at the NFL level does not net you a pick as high as that.

if allen got a 4th for him id be jumping for joy.

well...im only guessing here.....but the fact we made an attempt to trade JC for Cutler...than tried to trade up to get Mark S tells me Campbells days are numbered...I personally think Shanny and Dan were talking last year which is why Dan was trying to snag Cutler. Bottom line...if Shanny thinks he can win with JC...than sign him...but JC is going to be looking for a LTC...not a one year or two year deal...I truely believe Shanny and his son will go after a QB with the 4th pick...JC needs a change and so do the Skins IMO

They can stick Colt or some other Vet QB behind the OL while its being rebuilt and let the rookie QB (Bradford) sit.

NO THEY CAN NOT JUST STICK COLT BEHIND THE O/L AS A STARTER. So far COLT has been nothing but garbage bag juice. You cant just through him in as a starter. This is the NFL. Colt shouldnt even be on our team right now, Chase Daniel crapped on him in the battle last pre-season.

There is NO team that would take Lienart over Campbell.

I understand that you dislike him, but Lienart has always looked bad at QB in the NFL, and when he is going into the offseason as a starter, he ends up partying and taking pictures.

Hardly the kind of guy you want to build around. Campbell has upside and character.

NO THEY CAN NOT JUST STICK COLT BEHIND THE O/L AS A STARTER. So far COLT has been nothing but garbage bag juice. You cant just through him in as a starter. This is the NFL. Colt shouldnt even be on our team right now, Chase Daniel crapped on him in the battle last pre-season.

It looked like Chase out played Colt JC and TC. But for some reason Zorn said Colt did a lot better this year go figure.

Funny stuff!

Does anyone think that NFL GM's not associated with the Raiders, or Redskins would buy into this nonsense?

The thing that the JC love-fest can never get past is that we have good receivers, they don't produce because of JC, not the other way around. How good do the receivers for the Vikes, and Cards look with Tarvaris Jackson, and Matt Leinert behind center?

No one is giving up anything remotly significant for JC, only in Redskins fantasy land is JC referred to as even a remotly legitimate QB. JC is a joke along with our commitment to him around the NFL, you can try to present his stats any way you like to help try and camouflage his absolute incompetency at the position, but it's not going to fly with legitimate football people in the NFL as we were made very aware of when Denver went after Orton instead of JC, I guess they didn't have the football acclimate to realize that JC was being held back by the personnel around him, to bad the JC love-fest wasn't able to consult with them before the trade, they would have surely changed their minds!

Archived