• Slightly green
    • As soon as it turns yellow and still somewhat hard
    • Faded yellow and slightly soft
    • A little brown and softer
    • Moderate brown.
    • A lot of brown
    • Almost rotting
    • Other
    • Not a fan o banana. But I would like to watch a hot lady eat a banana slowly.

Rented and watched Moon. And for those who are wondering there is the "moon" available in the film.

Good stuff, I'll comment more later when I can digest it a bit more.

Major spoilers in the black below, careful when quoting.

I thought it was strange that they would telegraph the clone aspect in the previews, but then once I began to watch it I started to realize that the secret from Sam being a clone wasn't the driving force but instead the disregard for life and the question "what is life". I think the real kicker for me was when you found out that Sam was actually back on Earth with his family. It was then that the words of the first clone came ringing back when he said, "You can't kill someone because I can't kill someone." But the reality was that the first Sam did, and from the looks of it he was prepared to kill hundreds.

I would have liked some sort of explanation for the first Sam's visions of his daughter though, unless they are trying to say that the visions were some form of unknown connection to his real self being mysteriously transmitted from the original Sam to the clones.

The GERDY robot was a bit strange, because it kept secrets from clone #2 after he was awakened, but then later gave clone #1 all the information that he needed to figure things out completely. I was also surprised that the issue regarding the 3 year life-span of the clones was never addressed or revealed more by GERDY. It hit on it once when it mentioned the 3 year contract being expired.

• 2 weeks later...
Moon

District 9

Primer

Donnie Darko

All really good sci-fi movies of the last decade.

I just watched Primer this evening. Wow -- what an incredible flick. And the background on the making of the film (on $7K) is pretty darn impressive. Great, great flick.

Archived