Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you feel about the changes we've made so far

Sean_Taylor_hero

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I was happy before the DC move. This move sets us back. Id rather have kept Blache.

I think we'll be alright in the end cause our offense will eventually carry the team over the defense. That's not to say our defense will be awful, but I'd bet we'd have a middle of the pack defense.

I think we'll be alright in the end cause our offense will eventually carry the team over the defense. That's not to say our defense will be awful, but I'd bet we'd have a middle of the pack defense.

We have been a top 10 dfense 4 of 5 years middle of the pack is no good blache was bad but 4 last year and 10 this year was not that bad

It's kind of broad to say I'm either happy or unhappy, even at this early point.

I'm extremely happy with the decision to bring in Allen as a gatekeeper for all football aspects of the franchise and I think this was the single biggest change we decided to make. I'm confident he'll impose a sane organizational structure on our franchise that can only help.

I'm happy with the changes we are making on offense. I think the Shanahans will be far better and more consistent than Zorn/Smith/Lewis were. I think Kyle can have a ton of success developing whichever QB we decide to go with. I also think Shanahan has a great track record building offensive lines and getting the most from his running game which are two gigantic areas of need for us.

However, I am not happy with what's shaping up on defense. I've never been a huge fan of Haslett, Slowik isn't nearly as impressive as Jerry Gray was, and I am very opposed to making a transition to a 3-4 defense. I think we are about to take some significant steps backward on that side of the ball now that the Gregg Williams era of our defense is pretty much over.

I'll know more about how I feel about this new regime after the draft is over. If they pick a bunch of guys I like and the logic of their moves is sound, then I'll feel confident about them going forward. But if they go and do something which I think is a disaster like draft Eric Berry or Jimmy Clausen 4th overall, then it will take a very loooong time and a lot of success for me to get on board with them. This is one of our most critical offseasons of the past decade. How Shanahan and Allen handle it will define their regime.

That's a step back. Fletcher is going to suffer in the 3-4, Carter is going to suffer in the 3-4, McIntosh is going to suffer in the 3-4, and Haynesworth is going to suffer in the 3-4. In other words, we're taking our playmakers out of position to make plays on defense. If we burn draft picks to replace guys like Carter (who just came off a double digit sack season), I'm going to be pissed.

I like the hiring of:

GM -- Bruce Allen

HC -- Mike Shanahan

OC -- Kyle Shanahan

Not sure about:

DC - Jim Haslett

Wish we could have gotten someone better either from the Ravens, or the Steeler.

Need to see who we hire for:

Special Teams

O-Line

Next year is setting up to be a classic rebuilding year. They're probably going to get a QB in the draft somewhere, they have to completely overhaul the OL, possibly break in a WR and new RB, and now they're planning on switching defensive schemes.

Personally, I love the 3-4, so I'm all for it. I also don't mind if the 'Skins finish anywhere between 4-12 and 6-10 next year if it's building towards the future. If you're playing young guys, trying out guys, figuring things out, then go for it.

I'd have a huge problem if it was the same characters trying another scheme to see if you can continue to put lipstick on a pig.

Cautiously optimistic.

Sounded great until the rumors of a 3-4 defense.

Haslett ran a 4-3 with the Rams for four seasons, so take the rumors with a grain of salt.

And speaking of salt, alot of you need to back away from it because the blood pressure in here gets into cardiac arrest territory with the stress level that I see around here. ES'ers need to stop being paranoid and spastic over ESPN rumors. Let's let things play out and see what happens before jumping to conclusions.

Haslett ran a 4-3 with the Rams for four seasons, so take the rumors with a grain of salt.

And speaking of salt, alot of you need to back away from it because the blood pressure in here gets into cardiac arrest territory with the stress level that I see around here. ES'ers need to stop being paranoid and spastic over ESPN rumors. Let's let things play out and see what happens before jumping to conclusions.

I do realize that, and I also know he ran a 4-3 in New Orleans. But, he has a background with the 3-4, coming from the Pittsburgh Steelers.

As far as ESPN goes, other sources have reported the same thing. I'm not going to say it'll be a sure thing, but I am a bit wary of the fact. We will be needing more pieces to our defense with a 3-4 rather than a 4-3 and the 3-4 doesn't do anything that you can not do in a 4-3.

With The Dan stepping to the side and it seems like we have a normal and functional front office, I'm happy. I'm still gonna take it with a grain of salt though until I see what Bruce Allen and company do in the off season. After reading that other article about Snyder going over game film with Zorn, I can't be happier with him not in the mix.

Archived