Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What was your favorite moment of the 2009 season?

santana_4_prez

My favorite moment in the 2009 season, was the second half the Broncos game -- especially after the team was sparked by Devin Thomas taking that pass and busting all those tackles. You could see the entire Skins team's morale was picking up after that. The momentum settled in, the tempo picked up, and soon everyone wanted to do their best to maximize yardage on whatever play they were involved in, or in make some killer defensive play. And it was neat to see teammates (even Portis!) cheering each other on.

Best of all, was watching how the Skins performance wiped that smirk off of Denver coach McDaniels' face. (Earlier in the first half, McDaniels was fist pumping against us on some long TD bombs Orton had completed, and it ticked me off.) His sour face afterwards made the moment priceless.

My other honorable mentions (in no particular order):

• Orakpo's 4-sacker, and overall performance along with how this made Carter, Jarmon and others so much better.
  • Some of Chris Wilson's surprise blitzes.
  • Reed Doughty's non-flashy, but reliable tackling
  • Lorenzo Alexander playing everywhere and giving it his all. I remember some special teams plays he was consistently doing something special on, and he's a DT!
  • The "Hunter the Punter" plays both as punter and passer.
  • Some of those sweet floating passes from Todd Collins to Moss -- they seem to have a bit of chemistry between them.
  • Levi Jones stepping in as LT after such a short time, and actually performing adequately.
  • The emergence of Devin Thomas and all the energy he brings.
  • London Fletcher -- the tackling machine continuing to play full speed after so many years in the league.
  • The surprise performances at RB -- especially Ganther and Betts -- and seeing Mason finally being able to play in the NFL.

Now I didn't want to focus on negative events (firings, benchings, releasings, and even folks calling out each other in the press) in 2009. However, I cannot deny how the eruption of joyful posts on the ES boards after Vinny's resignation, will remain etched in my memory.

Archived