Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does McCoy's injury let Skins take OL and grab him in later rounds?

MCnDaHouse

Yeah, I can't see us taking a RB in the 1st or 2nd, Shanahan could get a turd to produce 1,000 yards rushing. Just look at Tatum Bell and Mike Anderson. I don't even think Bell was as good a Rock is.

I don't know if we go OL for 2 consecutive rounds, but I would be okay with it. I could definitely see us picking up a QB in the 2nd or 4th, don't see it in the 1st, especially not with a guy that has injury questions to him (ie Bradford or McCoy). Plus, like a lot of people have already said, I don't think McCoy's been a 1st round consideration at any point in the season.

If he goes out of the game for that hit last night and doesn't come back, I can't expect him to last 1/2 a season against an NFCE pass rush.

And with our OL probably a half a game.

If he goes out of the game for that hit last night and doesn't come back, I can't expect him to last 1/2 a season against an NFCE pass rush.

Wow. That's some jacked up logic there.

Wes Welker tears his knee out trying to cut without any contact.

If that's how fragile he is, imagine if he got hit?

Where do you people come from?

You people?

I never realized I was one of "them". I was emphasizing the point a bunch of people have made about McCoy in a blunt statement. My sincere apologies for not being more explicit. He plays in the Big 12, operating primarily out of the shotgun, and hasn't demonstrated, in my mind, the resiliency required to take a significant number of hits in the season. Being that our offensive line ranked in the bottom 5 of just about every statistical category, it is not a problem that can get fixed at the drop of a hat.

It doesn't stand to reason to take a QB schooled in an offensive style that is outside our model. The style of play at Texas and in the Big 12 in general is markedly different from that generally practiced in the NFCE. McCoy struggled against the Nebraska pass rush and was knocked out of the game by Alabama's. Taking into account that Philly, Dallas, and NY (usually) have aggressive, rush-heavy defensive schemes, I would prefer to see a QB taken out of a more pro-style offense. One that is used to more running, play action passing, and formations that match up to the Washington identity (if we ever reclaim or reforge it). To further emphasize, I wouldn't have wanted Vince Young either for most of the same reasons.

hasn't demonstrated, in my mind, the resiliency required to take a significant number of hits in the season. .

He's a running QB, he's used to being hit.

In fact, he even stated last night that he's been hit like that many times.

Sometimes in football, you get hit "just right" on what looks like a routine play and wind up injured.

Just bad luck,imo, nothing more.

... They need to be patient and build the line first. I actually believe that we need to use all our picks on O-line, except for one on a Running Back, then we can get another QB in Free Agency to compete with JC.

They had better not spend 4 of 5 picks on OL we have other holes. no more than 3 Picks on OL and no more than 2 of the first three picks should be OL.

Speculation on ESPN today was that Colt McCoy's injury in Championship game pushes him to 2nd or 3rd round. Does this open door for the Skins to take an OL in first then try for Colt or other QB with later picks?

I hope so.

I think McCoy has as much upside as Bradford or Clausen but we wouldn't have to pay a king's ransom for him.

Speculation on ESPN today was that Colt McCoy's injury in Championship game pushes him to 2nd or 3rd round. Does this open door for the Skins to take an OL in first then try for Colt or other QB with later picks?

Holy crap. We'd have Colt McCoy and Colt Brennan. I can see it now.....

"Hey Colt!"

Why??? What the hell has he done in Mississippi that makes you think he's ready for the big time? Personally I'd wait until the 2nd round and take Dan LeFevour from Central Michigan. 6-5, 240, runs, throws, makes quick decisions and is a 4 year starter.

Snead actually has tools that translate to the NFL that guys like Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow don't have. If we are able to pick up a 3rd round pick in a trade I would be very happy if we got a guy like Snead for Kyle to mold.

I read an interesting thing yesterday on WalterFootball stating that the doctor who performed the surgery upon Sam Bradford is already the contracted doctor for the Skins and as such has the inside line on how good/bad his shoulder is. Of course everyone will see it on display at the combine, but i've heard his injury is not historically something that prevents a normal career.

i know one huge texas fan who thinks mccoy will be worthless in the NFL. lets stick with bradford.

Bradford is just a taller Brennan. At least Clausen offers us something unlike what any other QB on our team has to offer.

For the record, all of them would like us to put a OL in front of them, instead of the paper banner we have as our OL right now.

i dont know about colt. he didn't show me any heart in the bcs title game. have they even said what the injury was yet? campbell took over 40 sacks this year and took it. he's a warrior. bradford, mccoy, seen very fragile to me. if they are going to draft a qb to develope, draft a winner and a leader like tebow.

He said in an interview after the game that he couldn't feel his arm. The part I didn't understand was why they had him come out of the locker room without ice or a wrap on it. That was a little questionable to me, more because of the negligence of the Texas training staff than anything.

I would be very happy with McCoy after the 1st (or any of a number of QBs), if we're going to be picking a guy that's going to sit anyway, we don't need someone to come in RIGHT NOW. You pick a guy at #4 that is ready now, not a guy that needs to sit for a year, IMO.

i dont know about colt. he didn't show me any heart in the bcs title game. have they even said what the injury was yet? campbell took over 40 sacks this year and took it. he's a warrior. bradford, mccoy, seen very fragile to me. if they are going to draft a qb to develope, draft a winner and a leader like tebow.

His noodle arm got even worse as I believe it was a pinched nerve. He couldn't even throw the ball 7 yards accurately after the hit. Colt McCoy is Chad Pennington 2.0. Inflated accuracy with an incredibly weak arm.

His noodle arm got even worse as I believe it was a pinched nerve. He couldn't even throw the ball 7 yards accurately after the hit. Colt McCoy is Chad Pennington 2.0. Inflated accuracy with an incredibly weak arm.

First off he didn't throw any passes after his injury so how could the passes he didn't throw be inaccurate?

Arm strength:

Arm strength: Good zip on crossing routes. Throws hard to openings at 10-15 yards. Pushes the ball deep when throwing right and left. Leads receivers deep over the middle, but can put the ball in their chest too.

http://www.newerascouting.com/07/col...outing-report/

"He looks like a bigger, stronger Drew Brees," said Razzano, a veteran of 21 NFL seasons as a scout, most recently with the Arizona Cardinals. "People are knocking Colt McCoy, and the first thing I hear is arm strength. Tony Romo sits to pee, Kurt Warner, they don't have a cannon. It's not about that. It's about timing, touch. And he throws a lot of deep balls. It's not a nickel-and-dime offense like some people make it out to be."

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...E?OpenDocument

First off he didn't throw any passes after his injury so how could the passes he didn't throw be inaccurate?

Did you think I just randomly pulled that out of left field?

So Colt gripped the ball, stared at his dad and thought, “It’s just a simple throw.” He threw. The ball went soft and wide. Everyone grimaced. “Give it to me again,” Colt demanded. Brad got the ball and gave it back to his son. The next throw was the same, bouncing harmlessly away. “Give it to me again,” Colt said, again. Brad did. It was the same. It was over. Colt couldn’t throw it 7 yards to his own father. “My arm was dead,” he said. The dad hugged his son. The son broke down and cried.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news;_ylt=AjYp0h.kjhfmvUZ4d65SvkIcvrYF?slug=dw-texasqbs010810&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

How about we skip QBs all together in this draft or at least wait and take a guy no one knows about? I for one do not care for any of the popular QBs and see this as a wasted pick. Build the line people. I've been done with Campbell probably longer then most and if their was a QB I felt confident about I would be all for it. But there isn't and OL have a much much higher % of panning out. Even if we don't get a probowler it would still be an upgrade. I'm also for trading down as well.

Archived