Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How about drafting Toby Gerheart?

flock53

Doesn't matter. The skill sets of the backs he used were so diverse.

Davis

Mike Anderson

Olandis Gary

Clinton Portis

Quentin Griffin

Reuben Droughns

Find me a common denominator in all those guys. lol

Dont forget Peyton Hillis that had some MONSTER games. He was like there 4th stringer. Maybe he pulls Ryan Torrain back. You could also grab a Willie Parker as a FRA he has 6 years in so he wouldnt be restricted in an uncapped year

He'd be a good change of pace back if Portis stays for another year. Hell I'd love for him to start too. He's a beast. But I really want Dexter McCluster and I'm pretty sure he'll be there in the 4th if we don't get an RB in the 2nd.

Mccluster in the 4th = MASSIVE WIN that kid has wheels!

Doesn't matter. The skill sets of the backs he used were so diverse.

Davis

Mike Anderson

Olandis Gary

Clinton Portis

Quentin Griffin

Reuben Droughns

Find me a common denominator in all those guys. lol

Exactly. The only common denomiator is O-Line and scheme. I really dont want to "waste" a high draft pick on a RB, if we can get this O-line fixed.

I was thinking of starting a thread for the guy.

I noticed him when I watched the bowl game against Oklahoma, and he's the only player I've seen this year (granted, I don't watch many games) where I said "I want that guy".

I was interested enough to go look up his ESPN stats page.

Some things that stood out to me:

1)
Zero fumbles

2) When they showed a closeup of him carrying the ball, I saw the size of his arms and said "That's a fullback". But ESPN says 6' 1", 235, which doesn't sound all that chunky to me.

3) I wasn't able to pay as close attention to the second half of that bowl game as I did to the first half. But from the stats and score, I get the impression that OU shut him down in the second half. Maybe he only looked good for one half.

4) I did see him fumble in the second half of that game, but his stat sheet says he didn't. Maybe the play was negated by a penalty? Maybe he was out of bounds? (I know that the ball went out of bounds.)

Still, he looked like a really good, between the tackles, pound the ball RB.

Problems I see:

1) I think this season showed us that frankly, we've got people on the bench who can run the ball. We may not have Adrien Peterson, but we've got LOTS of depth.

2) I don't know if we can spend our #2 draft pick (in a draft where we don't have a #3) on a RB who might only be part of a rotation. When are we gonna fix the OL?

But I do have to say, again. So far, he's the only player I've seen, that I want.

Archived