Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How about drafting Toby Gerheart?

flock53

I would honestly be upset if we did not get Mike Iupati, and we still needed line help.

Agreed. Using a 2nd rounder on a running back would not be wise if there was good offensive line talent on the board. Running backs honestly are a dime a dozen, and I really would be okay with we drafted one late in the 4th, 5th, or even 6th round and moved forward with Alridge, Ganther, and Mason.

Dexter McCluster of Ole Miss looks awesome. Don't know much about him, but I'd rather take a rb late that might be a gem, too many pressing more needed positions for the early part of the draft.

Best the next Chris Johnson? he looks more like a young Portis to me. Not saying that's a bad thing.

Wow, I had never seen McCluster before. He is faaaast. If we could get him in the fourth, I'd be ecstatic, but I'm sure he'll be long gone by then.

Doesn't matter. The skill sets of the backs he used were so diverse.

Davis

Mike Anderson

Olandis Gary

Clinton Portis

Quentin Griffin

Reuben Droughns

Find me a common denominator in all those guys. lol

None of these RBs were drafted in the first round...and other than Portis in the second, the rest were mid-late rounders.

Probably the next Mike Alstott.

That's somewhat what I thought, the one time I really watched him.

I don't think he's a threat to break through the line and go 70 yards. He might not be fast enough to go around the end.

He's a between the tackles, power runner.

Which isn't exactly the same thing as useless. A guy like that can be really useful. (Anybody here remember what the Skins success rate on first and goal was?)

Best the next Chris Johnson? he looks more like a young Portis to me. Not saying that's a bad thing.

Naw dude, Portis has NEVER had the agility, speed and acceleration that Best has. In his day, Portis was fast as hell, but Best looks runs with WR like speed. The only about Best is his size, but I think is going to be a star in this league.

I just noticed we picked up PJ Hill Dec 30th, didnt realize that. He may be that Shanny gem.

I just love Tobys power style. He will clock better then you think at Indy BUT more will clock better.

As far as not being "fast enough to get corner" BS alot of off tackle runs. If you have a OT or TE that can seal the corner to the run side ANYBODY can get the corner. We need A.Davis or Bulaga in 1st Rd. Unfortunately Cooley SUCKS @ blocking and the emergence of Davis, OK if FO trades him. BLOCKBUSTER: Cooley/Landry/Moss/Kelly to Miami for 1st (12th) and 2nd (44th). 4th- A.Davis, 12th- B.Bulaga, #36- M.Rolle (Landry replacement) and #44- the man who resembles Riggins...... TOBY GERHART (weird 2 take him @ #44)

I KNOW, this is "Madden-like", SORRY dont own a gaming system, this is OTB (Outside the box and Brilliant I may add)

Watch some games dude, he ISNT slow and he is agile like Bettis for a big guy. Watch some football dude.

flock53,

saw the Notre Dame game and he shredded them but Notre Dame's defense *****.....and he's slow.

This guy doesn't make an NFL roster next season.

How much do you want to bet this guy doesn't make an NFL roster next year or plays LB or Teams?

Shanahan loves pounding the ball all game. Gerhart had many games of over 30 carries.

He's just the kind of back who can get you 4-7 yards each time, 25+ times a game. He's a great first option, ad would allow Portis to be healthier and used in a relief role, which would work wonders for him since he isn't getting any younger.

OL in the 1st, Gerhart in the 2nd, and that sounds like the makings of a great draft.

flock53,

saw the Notre Dame game and he shredded them but Notre Dame's defense *****.....and he's slow.

How much do you want to bet this guy doesn't make an NFL roster next year or plays LB or Teams?

He'll make a roster........ as a FB.

Dam all the BS, if we can draft a RB, I'll do a dam back flip if we get this dude. This is exactly what we need in our back field. Instant offense, Chris Johnson part 2:

Man he looked great in that video. If he can do half that stuff for the Skins then we could have our 1-2 punch.

But I did find this on a Bing search. The things that make you go Hmmmm.......

Best missed the final four games of his college career due to a back injury and severe concussion suffered on a scary fall at the end of a seven-yard TD run on November 7. He is expected to be medically cleared well before the Scouting Combine. Best is somewhat undersized at 5'10/195 and was injury prone throughout his college career, but will likely run in the 4.3s in February and is a smooth pass catcher. He'll likely be a mid-to-late first-round pick.

Whoever drafts Toby will more than likely use him as a Leading FB than a RB. The only big leading RB thats worth a damn is Brandon Jacobs and he has size and NFL speed. It seems some forget how different College and the NFL is. Toby reminds me more of a Mike Alstott than a new Era Riggo. I know some hate to hear this but Toby wasn't facing anything close to NFL caliber defenses in the Pac 10. Which is why he is a 2nd or 3rd rounder

flock53,

You name the bet. He'll be on an NFL roster. I guarantee it. So let's get it on!

Guest Spearfeather
flock53,

He'll be on a roster and he will be at RB.

Archived