Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How about drafting Toby Gerheart?

flock53

Gerhart is slooooow. I really believe you can plug someone like Betts in their to get you 1200 yards, but we need a third down back. Someone quick who can block and catch passes. Noel Devine looks great in his highlights - not sure about his willingness to block and his ability to catch the ball.

Can we get him in the second round? If not we need a lineman! I don't think that there is anyway that he is there for the second round and if he is I think that we will be drafting either a QB or another lineman. Just don't think that getting a RB will be a luxury that we can afford at this juncture.

Gerhart is slooooow. I really believe you can plug someone like Betts in their to get you 1200 yards, but we need a third down back. Someone quick who can block and catch passes. Noel Devine looks great in his highlights - not sure about his willingness to block and his ability to catch the ball.

Again, he is NOT slow, and we will see @ combine. Frankly I dont like combine, people get to wound up on #s. LOOK AT THE TAPE, he gets it DONE.

Everyone is in a rave because of C.Johnson, well a 200/210 pound back w/ THAT speed comes every so often. You take the Spillers of the world and be looking at a few really good years before it falls apart :chair:

Warrick Dunn is the ONLY exception w/ longevity in TODAYS NFL.

Can we get him in the second round? If not we need a lineman! I don't think that there is anyway that he is there for the second round and if he is I think that we will be drafting either a QB or another lineman. Just don't think that getting a RB will be a luxury that we can afford at this juncture.

#36 at the top. He WILL be there.

The RBs I want from this draft are:

Spiller

McCluster

Best

Gerhart

If we could land 2 out of 4 that you have listed ... our draft would be awesome.

Throw in an ELITE QB, and a couple of decent LBs it would be awesome. Some of the O-Linemen are going to be Free Agents.

Again, he is NOT slow, and we will see @ combine. Frankly I dont like combine, people get to wound up on #s. LOOK AT THE TAPE, he gets it DONE.

Everyone is in a rave because of C.Johnson, well a 200/210 pound back w/ THAT speed comes every so often. You take the Spillers of the world and be looking at a few really good years before it falls apart :chair:

Warrick Dunn is the ONLY exception w/ longevity in TODAYS NFL.

No running backs are worth a second contract because they ALL wear down. The fast ones and the maulers. Look at Brandon Jacobs this year. I have looked at Gerhart and there has been nothing to impress me. He doesn't make guys miss.

What the hell??????????? 1200 what???? Betts sorry azz couldnt get 1200 yards if he went back and played on the high school level. Smack yourself. Betts and CP are bums and need to go. I'd take Ganther over Betts ANYDAY.....

Ganther? The guy who averaged 3.2 yards/carry?

There are only two backs in this draft who could beat out Betts to be the starter. Jahvid Best and C.J. Spiller. Spiller is faster, but Best has incredible vision. They are probably the only two backs who will go in the first round. There are other backs who would do well as a 3rd down back, which we need, but I wouldn't waste anything higher than our 4th rounder this year on a running back when Betts will do just fine for this year and maybe next. We have more important issues to fix.

No running backs are worth a second contract because they ALL wear down. The fast ones and the maulers. Look at Brandon Jacobs this year. I have looked at Gerhart and there has been nothing to impress me. He doesn't make guys miss.

ARE YOU SERIOUS :doh: Dude has Bettis agility. WOW. Yeah all his runs were clean or they were 1 yd and a cloud. If you cant make them miss RUN them over. How much short yardage and goaline did we whiff on recently? A LOT!!!!! to the point they tried Sellers at the goal line to FAIL MISERABLY. He wasnt the runner up Hiesman for anything.

I watched whatever games I could of him and and he could hurdle guys that went low on him and juke. Dont think we watching same Toby.

Ganther? The guy who averaged 3.2 yards/carry?

There are only two backs in this draft who could beat out Betts to be the starter.

Yeah Ganther, that's how bad Betts sucks.

And please tell me you are joking when you say that there are only 2 RBs in this draft who could beat out Betts to be a starter.

You have got to be kidding me. We can select a RB in the 7 round who can come in take Betts spot. Hell, we can get an undrafted rookie who can take his spot. Im not even exaggerating. OMG, please put me on to your weed man.....

What makes you think he'll be there in the second? He's arguably the best pure RB in the draft although Ingram may be a bit better overall.

AGAIN, RBs are not prized anymore, 2 went 1st round last year I think and there are alot of good ones this year.

GMs will look at combine #s INSTEAD of tape and Toby will fall to the 2nd EASILY.

Most teams dont have a dire NEED anymore and most have 2 that split.

What makes you think he'll be there in the second? He's arguably the best pure RB in the draft although Ingram may be a bit better overall.

For the love of god people INGRAM IS A SOPHOMORE he is NOT in the draft. How many times do people have to say it good god!

Dexter McCluster of Ole Miss looks awesome. Don't know much about him, but I'd rather take a rb late that might be a gem, too many pressing more needed positions for the early part of the draft.

Best the next Chris Johnson? he looks more like a young Portis to me. Not saying that's a bad thing.

Archived