Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Passions over 'prosperity gospel': Was Jesus wealthy?

Destino

Some would have us believe so.:hysterical:

Were he to arrive now, I can't see him at his Parnian desk in a Valentino suit with a Brioni power tie hitting a call button and saying "Mary, get me the Rome office on the main screen." :silly:

I know it, so why don't you accept the one true God; the Holy Triune God revealed to us in the Holy Scriptures in both the Old and New Testaments.;)

Probably because the God of Abraham, Iassac, Israel and Jesus was not triune and the messiah is not the Almighty God but his servent and the spirit is not a person.

Jesus had the following he did because he could perform miracles. Turning water into wine, taking a single loaf of bread and feeding an entire town, ridding diseased individuals of their afflictions, etc.

Jesus was also brought these extravagant gifts from the three wise men or kings, whichever translation you choose, because these cats knew he was he son of god, so they had to give him the most valuable things they had on the day he was born.

As far as Jesus being black, highly unlikely. Just as unlikely that he was white. The fact of the matter is simple he was middle eastern. Neither black nor white. The only way that he could have bee white is if Mary and Joseph were of Roman descent, but that was unlikely as him being black. Oh, and why does this matter? I don't care what color Jesus was, the fact that he lived, and will return, is all that matters.

You bring up some good points,ecspecially his living and returning.Jesus taught that we should give to the less fortunate and that it is harder for a rich man tho enter heaven than it is for a camel to enter through the eye of a needle.Jesus certainly did not live the life of a rich man!

So says you and the others who subscribe to the Arian heresy.

I do not know if they subscribe to Aruis's teachings.

And do you think it would really matter to myself or others to be called heretics?

I believe many of the reformers were called that oo, it seems to me that it would be a badge of honour.

By the way someone may want to correct the Jews on this one since they seem so adamant on it. :D

In the first verse of this week's Torah reading, God reveals himself to Moses: "And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am Jehovah: And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them" (Exodus 6:2-3).

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1142730.html

And do you think it would really matter to myself or others to be called heretics?

Only if you were actually interested in the truth of the gospel.

I believe many of the reformers were called that oo, it seems to me that it would be a badge of honour.

One major difference between you and them, they weren't actually heretics. :D

By the way someone may want to correct the Jews on this one since they seem so adamant on it.

Well since they need correcting on the identity of the Messiah anyways, I'd say that some lessons in understanding the Triune God would be a reasonable suggestion.

Yes, it is a traditional interpretation that Abraham believed God could raise his son to dead and went ahead to bind his son Isaac it was only after he raised his hand to strike that God spoke and the ram caught was found. So yes, Abraham may not have expected a scape goat lamb so to speak, but he certainly believed that since God said the promise would come through Isaac that God would certainly be able to raise him from the dead.

Yes, it is a traditional interpretation that Abraham believed God could raise his son to dead and went ahead to bind his son Isaac it was only after he raised his hand to strike that God spoke and the ram caught was found. So yes, Abraham may not have expected a scape goat lamb so to speak, but he certainly believed that since God said the promise would come through Isaac that God would certainly be able to raise him from the dead.

Ok, I'm fine with that, but now it goes back to what I said this test for Abraham only worked because God had not yet revealed that he opposes child sacrifice like the type made to Moloch, thus through progressive revelation of God to humanity Moses knew more than Abraham about the nature of God. This is no slight against Abraham anymore than it is a slight against Isaac Newton to say that we know more today about the universe than he did, for indeed even in our faith we stand upon the shoulders of giants and can see farther.

Ok, I'm fine with that, but now it goes back to what I said this test for Abraham only worked because God had not yet revealed that he opposes child sacrifice like the type made to Moloch, thus through progressive revelation of God to humanity Moses knew more than Abraham about the nature of God. This is no slight against Abraham anymore than it is a slight against Isaac Newton to say that we know more today about the universe than he did, for indeed even in our faith we stand upon the shoulders of giants and can see farther.

So you don't think that child sacrifice was believed to be a sin before Abraham, and you are basing this on your belief that it was only handed down with the law? I disagree, but I'm not sure that there is a way to prove it one way or the other so I'll rest my argument here.

Only if you were actually interested in the truth of the gospel.

One major difference between you and them, they weren't actually heretics. :D

Well since they need correcting on the identity of the Messiah anyways, I'd say that some lessons in understanding the Triune God would be a reasonable suggestion.

I believe the truth of the gospel is Jesus is the messiah sent by God?

Why because you decided they were not heretics?

Do you actually get paid to be a preacher?

So you don't think that child sacrifice was believed to be a sin before Abraham, and you are basing this on your belief that it was only handed down with the law? I disagree, but I'm not sure that there is a way to prove it one way or the other so I'll rest my argument here.

I think it was a sin before the Law was given, but how was Abraham to know that it was a sin, especially when God told him to do it? After Moses we know its a sin, before we didn't. Progressive Revelation.

I believe the truth of the gospel is Jesus is the messiah sent by God?

I don't know, do you? You asked this as a question so I guess you don't know.

Why because you decided they were not heretics?

Yep, it was me you guessed it. It has nothing to do with the community of faith at all, it was just little old me. :doh:

Do you actually get paid to be a preacher?

Well I pastor a church full time so however you wish to interpret that, its irrelevant to this discussion though, but there it is.

Its like this, when the United Methodist Church disavows your theology, then its time to check your theology because something is VERY wrong with it. And as a United Methodist pastor I understand that those subscribing to Arian theology are lost and do not know the Truth of the Triune God.

I don't know, do you? You asked this as a question so I guess you don't know.

Yep, it was me you guessed it. It has nothing to do with the community of faith at all, it was just little old me. :doh:

Well I pastor a church full time so however you wish to interpret that, its irrelevant to this discussion though, but there it is.

Its like this, when the United Methodist Church disavows your theology, then its time to check your theology because something is VERY wrong with it. And as a United Methodist pastor I understand that those subscribing to Arian theology are lost and do not know the Truth of the Triune God.

No see the bible is clear there is one God and HE sent His only begotten son.

It was not the community that decided anything, it was the church that climbed into bed with the Roman governemnt who worked together to decide something.

I think if someone want to really understand the influence of other religions and cultures they should study Hinduism which older than both Judaism.

Sai baba trinity

No see the bible is clear there is one God and HE sent His only begotten son.

It was not the community that decided anything, it was the church that climbed into bed with the Roman governemnt who worked together to decide something.

I think if someone want to really understand the influence of other religions and cultures they should study Hinduism which older than both Judaism.

Sai baba trinity

How do you know for sure that Jesus isn't God? What have you been taught that proves otherwise? Just asking, not trying to be argumentative.

I want you to explain your perspective, if you don't mind.

I think it was a sin before the Law was given, but how was Abraham to know that it was a sin, especially when God told him to do it? After Moses we know its a sin, before we didn't. Progressive Revelation.

So do you believe God is still does progressive revelation?

How do you know for sure that Jesus isn't God? What have you been taught that proves otherwise? Just asking, not trying to be argumentative.

I want you to explain your perspective, if you don't mind.

The bible calls Jesus the beginning of creation by God

God sent Jesus, that is why he called the apostle. The bible says God sent Jesus.

There is only one person by name who is called Most High God alone and Almighty.

Archived