Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

These last two games are the best thing that could have happened

Warhead36

Up until about this time last Sunday, we were coming off what now looks to be an illusion of a stretch. In five games we had played relatively well, winning two games in fairly dominant fashion while losing three games to playoff teams, games in which we had the lead in the 4th quarter.

The WORST thing that could have happened was for us to continue to play that well, and to continue with the mirage that there may be something worth salvaging from this team. These last two games though have proven without a shadow of a doubt that we need a complete and total overhauling.

There should no longer be any talks of: "well, if we just address this position or that position we can compete!" or "hey maybe if we just hang on to Sherm Lewis our offense should be fine!" or "the players are playing hard for Zorn we should keep him!". Nope, throw all that junk away.

These last two games are the Washington Redskins for real, and it ain't pretty. Bruce Allen has got a hell of a task, but fortunately there won't be any illusions surrounding the team to make them appear to be any better than what they really are: a dysfunctional mess.

Hard to argue with your logic. Right now I feel different towards the Skins then I ever have. I think next Sunday I will spend the Chargers game (in what is sure to be a complete an utter ass-whipping of the Skins whether their starters play or not) visiting my grand parents that I never get to see.

If I was Norv, I'd start all my scrubs and let them beat up the Skins 45-7 just to pour salt in the wound.

Not only did we beat your ass, but you got your ass beat by our scrubs.

Hard to argue with your logic. Right now I feel different towards the Skins then I ever have. I think next Sunday I will spend the Chargers game (in what is sure to be a complete an utter ass-whipping of the Skins whether their starters play or not) visiting my grand parents that I never get to see.

If I was Norv, I'd start all my scrubs and let them beat up the Skins 45-7 just to pour salt in the wound.

Not only did we beat your ass, but you got your ass beat by our scrubs.

I have to agree, the chargers 2nd and 3rd stringers will most likely dominate us.

Bruce Allen certainly has a mission ahead of him. I agree that the team needs an overhaul. It needs to be made over. In order to do that, Allen has to look at certain players already on the roster. Some may already be trade bait like Portis, Randy Thomas, Randle El, and even Santana Moss. If they are trade bait, then what will the Redskins get in exchange for them? What are they actually worth? Then Allen must sign the right free agents when free agency rolls around. He has to look at areas where the Redskins are frail and get suitable and solid replacements in those areas. Lastly, Bruce Allen has to draft the right players coming out of college and those players have to be able, willing, and ready to contribute right away.

In terms of the final game at San Diego, I have the strangest feeling that the Chargers will rest their starters, and the Redskins offense will be able to execute precisely against the Charger's defense.

Norv, I'm sure, really wants to dismantle the Redskins though. If this game took place in the middle of the season, Turner would throw everything he has at the Redskins.

You're probably right. I was drinking the Kool-aid a couple of weeks ago thinking this team is actually clicking....boy I'm glad the last two primetime games showed everyone how bad we really are.

I hope Allen can get us going towards the right direction

Finding a way to feel good about losing, is what losers do.

Congratulations!

Easy there, killer. There is nothing wrong with drawing positives out of a lost season...such as Cerrato is gone, Zorn and Blache will soon be gone. The team will finally build an O-line...

And we might actually have a real front office.

No one is happy with being 4-11, but you can't blame people for having some kind of hope...especially now that Vinny is gone...

I think most of the players who can, want to get the hell out of here and will play the "no-coaching" card excuse when looking for other teams to sign with. No one wants to be part of a rebuilding process, unless you are very young and very rich. Older players and soon to be FA's are gonna most likely bolt for greener pastures.

It suck for players like Fletcher ... not sure he can last another 5 years in DC (by the time we have been able to draft and develop a new OL and QB).

Finding a way to feel good about losing, is what losers do.

Congratulations!

Easy, there. I think I understand what he's saying.

If we win out and win big, it leads ownership and the FO to think the status quo, which is that we're only a piece or two away from contention. Several of us have said this is the furthest thing from the truth. This team needs a cultural change.

If Vinny were here and we were winning, I'd be worried. I'd be worried that he wouldn't want to change a thing, then we fall flat on our asses and go through all this next year. Again. These last two games gave Bruce Allen every single thing he needed to know about this team and the way the FO has worked. He doesn't need to watch a single game from before his hiring. The entire team needs to be scuttled, other than maybe a handful of guys.

Archived