Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Updated PFT Report: Shanahan did not arrive at Redskins Park

forbeskin

Original

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/18/report-shanahan-arrives-at-redskins-park/

Updated:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Shanahan-in-D.C. report retracted by FOX 5

Posted by Mike Florio on December 18, 2009 2:11 PM ET

Earlier today, Dave Feldman of FOX 5 reported that Mike Shanahan arrived at Redskins Park this morning.

Then, the link to the FOX 5 story went dead.

Then, various Redskins reporters began pointing out, Twitter style, that the report from Dave Feldman is roughly as reliable as the brain that Marty Feldman once harvested from Abigail Normal.

We're now told that the Redskins have advised FOX 5 that Shanahan isn't at the team facility, and that FOX 5 disabled the link to the story in response to that information.

It remains to be seen whether FOX 5 'fesses up to its faux pas.

Everyone is coming out and saying this is not true.

I hope not

Zorn deserves way more respect then that. And I'm going to be extremely pissed off if they treat zorn in a disrespectful way. The problems of this organization started LONG before zorn got here

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/18/report-shanahan-arrives-at-redskins-park/

UPDATE: The link to the story is suddenly dead. We're not what it means. But if it means that the FOX 5 story isn't true, we'd prefer that they merely own up to it. On a lighter note, it gives UnWise Mike someone else to ***** about for the last 20 minutes of his show.

Here's your answer on it's authenticity....

Wouldn't that be something if the New Savvy GM planted different information with various "insiders" to see what hit the media? Flushing out the leaks would be my job #1, and he probably just succeeded....

That's epic paranoia. But it's something that George Allen would've thought to do. I wonder if his son caught some of the crazy/genius.

Wouldn't that be something if the New Savvy GM planted different information with various "insiders" to see what hit the media? Flushing out the leaks would be my job #1, and he probably just succeeded....

Evil is done in the darkness, good is done in the light. They shouldn't have to always be in the situations in the first place, but that is what the team has become thank to the owner.

Evil is done in the darkness, good is done in the light. They shouldn't have to always be in the situations in the first place, but that is what the team has become thank to the owner.

Sorry, in a competitive environment like the NFL, it is not just evil that you want to keep secret. The guy who will blab who the next coach will be to his buddies in the media, is also the guy who will blab how much you want a certain player in the draft, or who you want to target in FA etc.....

Fred's Take:

The team will not hire a head coach until after the season.

The team will not bring in a head coach until after the season.

Now, the team will talk to people before the end of the season, but I just don't see the new GM undermining Zorn like the previous guy in charge.

Take this to the bank.

Archived