Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To Those Of You That Gave Us A Hard Time About The Protests

The Sisko

So, let me get this straight... "The Dan" fires Vinny, so that means your incessant whining and crying gets credit!?!

Hmmm, guess that means that Vin Man would NOT have gotten the boot, if we all sat nicely, politely clapped and shouted "go team!"

Sorry, I don't buy it. I agree with reports that "The Vin" almost got canned last year. The movement was incredibly annoying and all you guys did was get yourselves on the Redskin's one "no fly list." Not that Danny boy cared...more caviar for him!

You want credit? OK, here you go...

medal_grouping.jpg

Now go have have yourselves a magnificent "look what I did" slap on the back fest.

My God, you've earned it!

So, let me get this straight... "The Dan" fires Vinny, so that means your incessant whining and crying gets credit!?!

Hmmm, guess that means that Vin Man would NOT have gotten the boot, if we all sat nicely, politely clapped and shouted "go team!"

Sorry, I don't buy it. I agree with reports that "The Vin" almost got canned last year. The movement was incredibly annoying and all you guys did was get yourselves on the Redskin's one "no fly list." Not that Danny boy cared...more caviar for him!

Now go have have yourselves a magnificent "look what I did" slap on the back fest.

I disagree with your post, but the highlighted portion got a laugh out of me! :hysterical:

If this brings about a SB ring then I will agree you did the right thing.

Till then I say you guys have nothing.

Not even the title of Fan

Someone get this guy a parachute! He's way too high up on that horse!

Listen, buddy, questioning someone's fanhood only makes you look like an ignorant ass.

Nobody who goes out of her/his way to stand up to or boycott a team they love is anything but the truest of fans. Every single one of us still care enough to print those fliers, mail those cards, call those radio stations, e-mail those TV networks, contact the sports channels, make the signs, post on this board, and a thousand other things.

Sitting there saying, "Please sir, may I have another?" was fine and dandy for you. However, some people wanted things to change. I hope that you enjoy the future that WE brought to YOU.

I'm sure that you'll remember that, because as you say, a true fan never forgets.

BTW Poly, you are a funny individual but I know exactly where you stand :)

Ya know, after being a staunch opponent of the movement in general, It is time for me to let go.

For whatever reason that Dan canned Vinny, he is gone. If you guys had a hand in that, then God bless America! :cheers:

medal_grouping.jpg

yawn. as usual...voiding into the wind. and...per the norm around these parts...totally self serving.

and pls...don't disrespect medals you likely can't come within half an Earth's orbital radius of earning yourself.

Fan unrest was a minimal aspect in all of this, I'm positive...Snyder most likely had much of this in the works well before any organized "protests" took place. This wasn't a reaction to receiving a bunch of fan cards lol...but things like receiving those fan cards probably bolstered his resolve. Giving THREE putrid winless teams their first wins of the season effected this move far more than any "Fire Vinny" signs would have done.

This is pretty much where I stand on the issue as well. The point of the OP wasn't to say that those of us who protested were completely or even mostly responsible, merely that we played some part in the decision.

Likewise, the OP wasn't directed at the folks who said things like "I don't agree with it because it goes against my concept of what being a fan means", "I'm not going to waste my time on it, but whatever....", etc. Rather, it was directed at these types....

This is the funniest most delusional and stupidest thread I think I have ever read on here. It would suprise me if snyder knew about anything u clowns did or any fan outside this message board. But have fun with the illusion!
And these things basically NEVER work with NFL teams anyway...the Lions had year after year after year after YEAR of protests, petitions to fire Millen, publicity stunts, picket lines, sit-ins, what have you...and Millen got canned ONLY after an incredible run of terrible seasons finally convinced ownership to replace him, not any of the fan antics....

You've made an apples:oranges comparison here. Bidwell is so cheap he wouldn't even listen to his fellow owners and was a major reason for the inclusion of a salary floor in the NFL's collective bargaining agreement. The other owners basically forced him and Brown to get off the league teat and compete, whether they wanted to or not. So what makes you think owners like that would listen to anyone, let alone the fans? Sorry, but that's just a poor comparison. As for the Fords :whoknows:

I saved the best for last though. Would an owner that couldn't care less what the fans think, give the media he's feuding with more ammunition by banning signs, making fans turn shirts inside out in the stadium, etc.? They even banned media interviews of the fans on team property. Later, after the growing media firestorm about the team's efforts at censorship, they then reversed course and declared the whole thing to be a misunderstanding. So tell me, does that sound like an owner who doesn't care what fans and the general public thinks? I'll be especially curious to hear NickGiaquinto's response to this one.

Again, I'm not saying he made this or any other decision based solely on fan sentiment. However, when fan anger reaches the levels we saw toward a club with the kind of history we have, it's going to have some effect. Hell, we were even taking the protests on the road. To think that none of that had any effect at all is IMHO a bit naiive. But hey, what would just another "circle jerker" know? ;)

Oh please. Now you're being even more childish than before.

There is no reason to think that your lil kid campaign of letters or other immature actions had anything to do with what has gone on this week. Although I'm not a little bit surprised to see you're taking credit for it. Grow up.

This is a positive turn of events for the Redskins and you're childish bragging (for nothing) is a negative action when positive is what we're mostly feeling. Seriously grow up.

Read my earlier post...Cerrato was almost fired TWICE during Gibbs' 4 years here. What that means is that Vinny was close to being canned while the Redskins were making the playoffs, while merchandise sales were up, and while fans were having Super Bowl dreams while singing "Hail To The Redskins". Fans didn't drive anything.

I think the key is almost fired. I agree with others that it is difficult, if not impossible, to discern precisely the extent to which public protests led to the actual firing verses the poor performance of the team and notably the personnel gaps. Almost assuredly there was a combination of both forces working in concert rather than in opposition.

It is absurd to assert that the fan base’s strong reaction was not noted and a source of concern for Snyder as evidenced by the sign banning and un-banning fiasco, restrictions on press interviews of fans on Redskins Corporate property , etc.

In my life as a Redskin fan I have never seen the level of expressed dissatisfaction so intense or organized. If this dissatisfaction in the fans counts for nothing that speaks more ill of Mr. Snyder as a franchise owner than any insult I have ever heard addressed to him on this board or in any less civilized setting. If this level of dissatisfaction in his customer base counted for nothing to him as a businessman then he has to rank as one of the most inept owners of any business in the history of commerce.

yawn. as usual...voiding into the wind. and...per the norm around these parts...totally self serving.

and pls...don't disrespect medals you likely can't come within half an Earth's orbital radius of earning yourself.

...as opposed to your completely dreary snooze-fest of a post where, instead of any words of substance, you quite childishly go after 'yours truly' for "disrespecting medals." It is your outrageously inane post that I would disrespect...if it were, indeed worthy.

Did you read the OP? In your face!?! My rebuttal certainly was inspired by It's audacity. :hysterical:

Self serving? This is the most self serving thread I have ever posted in! :hysterical:

Furthermore, let me point out what an uninformed poster you are...the medals in question are costume medals for a play! :hysterical:

Obviously we'll never know to what extent,if any,the fan unrest played in all of this. Keeping in mind that ES apparently only represented a part of it. Though I do understand why it's important to believe we as fans had something to do with it. I will say that the fan unrest at the games was an obvious eye opener for Dan Snyder,(judging by statements made in article about his and others' surprise at seeing signs and hearing fans yells at a game earlier this season). I think that may have opened his eyes that there was no joy in Mudville and it was getting worse,(why that was is a different subject).

I look at Kelli Johnson's statements about the players feelings on Cerrato,a few other articles about this situation,as well Dan's apparent open door policy with players and feel as though this situation was already in the plans before things got really ugly where fan protests are concerned. I think he was aware of Vinny's quite public attempts at saving his own ass as well some that more than likely took place behind the scenes. Where I do think it is possible that fans helped,(not just ES),is in the timing. I think Vinny's fate was already decided but Dan was waiting for the season to end to make changes. It is possible that the obvious and quite public angst about the team hurried that process.

I am now in wait and see mode with Snyder

He did step 1 and step 2. Fire Vinny and bring in a true football man.

Lets see what happens from this point forward

I'm in this camp as well.

However, I have no problems dusting off my torch and pitchfork should he fall back into his typical cycle of mismanagement and meddling.

Archived