Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Danny hit the panci button again

jschlesi

This is HUGE! Vinny is gone, ding dong, the Vinny's gone! How likely did that look 24 hours ago? And did Dan sacrifice him for public opinion and just hire Vinny2.0 as a replacement sockpuppet? No, he went and hired a genuine NFL GM with a resume at the position to run the franchise. un- freekin-believeable!

And yet, in the midst of Christmas come early, a scant few hours after the news breaking, some are STILL not satisfied.

this process has been going on for weeks, an NFL source reported that the Skins followed the Rooney Rule and interviewed multiple people. I don't think this happened overnight..chill out, it's a start..

Most NFL analysis thought hiring a GM was the first thing that had to happen in order to turn the team around. Allen's title includes GM, something Cerrato did not have. So this in itself is a good development, as well as getting Cerrato out.

Allen should do OK, the head coach hire will be huge because they will have input into the roster's makeup. Gruden could be coming to the team, they will wait until after the season's over to make any changes.

I am beyond elated that Cerrato is out, but I too think the timing here is very odd to say the least. I can see if he signed holmgren today, he's actually in demand, but NOBODY was talking about Bruce Allen, you could have taken at least a week or two to do your due diligence and interview a couple people.

I especially won't like this if he brings in Gruden.

There were early reports of an internal rift between Danny and Vinny. Allegedly vinny was trash talking the Danster. Thus expediting the process. Vinny has now found his name on the dreaded Do not call list (fellow members include Matt Millen, Jerry Glanville, Jim Fassel, Rich Kotie, and Nationals GM Jim Bowden).

Allen should do OK, the head coach hire will be huge because they will have input into the roster's makeup. Gruden could be coming to the team, they will wait until after the season's over to make any changes.

I think Allen was officially hired mid-season to start the process of making changes now. I would not be surprised if he starts making roster moves immediately.

Panic Move??? You really have to reach to come to that conclusion which points to shameful and unwarranted Snyder bashing. Our owner has done what virtually every Redskin fan wanted, yet you criticize him for the timing?? Frankly, your view is outrageous at least in my opinion.

I think the timing is perfect as it will allow Allen time to get his organization set up and to get a head start on all the post season evaluations, free agents, and the draft.

Great move. Thank you Mr. Snyder.

I think we hired Bruce Allen because Danny panicked. Why do you make this move now. When January would have been fine?

HOLMGREN.

Browns start discussion with Holmgren last week. Sherm obviously became the new darling for Danny. He gets credit for turning our Offense around. Danny was eyeballing Holmgren the whole time ( used to work with Sherm ). Holmgren would not talk to Danny since Vinny was still in place. Danny now panics and starts pulling strings. No other potential GM/Coach will discuss with him formally until the season is over and Vinny will need to be fired. Instead of getting Holmgren or Shanihan with GM experience he grabs Allen.

The good news: Allen has experience working with no money ( TB) and experience dealing with over bearing owners ( Al Davis) . He has ties with the Redskins of our youth ( and Danny’s).

So in a panic move by Danny we may have actually made a solid move.

This didnt happen over night. This process has been going on for a long time in my opinion. Probably since losing to the worst teams in the league. I am sure he talked to Holmgren along with others.

There was no panic, I am sure his plan fell into place over time.

I look at it differently that Danny "hitting the panic button." Why not get a solid GM in place before anyone else can get him? Then he can evaluate what is already in place and get a head start on making decisions before the season ends. Personally, I wanted Eric DeCosta, but I'll give Allen a shot and see what he does.

Panic Move??? You really have to reach to come to that conclusion which points to shameful and unwarranted Snyder bashing. Our owner has done what virtually every Redskin fan wanted, yet you criticize him for the timing?? Frankly, your view is outrageous at least in my opinion.

I think the timing is perfect as it will allow Allen time to get his organization set up and to get a head start on all the post season evaluations, free agents, and the draft.

Great move. Thank you Mr. Snyder.

Totally agree......

In this case, no way in hell do you hire a replacement the same day of the firing, unless you had it planned in advance. The Allen hiring wasn't a "panic move" to Vinny leaving.

Now if the Cerrato firing / Allen hiring was a "panic move" by Snyder, after seeing the Redskins on a two year slide...... this could be good or bad.

Good in that we need to try someone other than Vinny to get anywhere. So the result of this "panic move" is good.

Bad in that if Danny keeps meddling, and shows no more than two year's patience with the new GM, we aren't going to get anywhere either.

This wasn't a panic move. Roger Goodell and the guys who monitor the Rooney Rule have already come out and say the Redskins did "more than enough" to comply with the rule, meaning that they've interviewed multiple candidates. George Allen (former Gov of VA) came out and said he's known about it for a while and was shocked that no one leaked it.

Besides, how can you panic because Holmgren might go to the Browns, he was awful until he gave up his personnel duties. In GB he had Ron Wolf, possibly the greatest GM and Football mind of the last two decades.

He knew there was going to be a mass exodus of season ticket holders if he didn't fire Vinny. Now enough people are going to delude themselves into believing that things will really be different, and he's bought himself another 3 years when he's just going to pull another rabbit out of his ass. "J.D. Gibbs as coach - He succeeded in Nascar he can do it here too - Tradition! - 3 Super Bowls! Wooo."

Archived