Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins chasing Allen?

Homercles82

ESPN 980 CONFIRMING HE WAS HIRED! MOD PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/17/report-redskins-chasing-bruce-allen/

"On the same morning that executive V.P. of football operations Vinny Cerrato has resigned, triggering speculation that Mike Holmgren or Mike Shanahan could be taking the reins of the Redskins, Jay Glazer of FOX has dropped a bomb on us, baby.

Glazer reports that Redskins coaches were advised today that the teams is in talks with former Raiders and Buccaneers executive Bruce Allen.?

"The arrival of Allen undoubtedly would trigger speculation that the next move would be to dump coach Jim Zorn and pursue Jon Gruden, who partnered with Allen both in Oakland and Tampa."

Raiders and Bucs executive? Hmmmm....not to sure about that...

Allen wasn't bad. If he could bring us Gruden then it would be worth it.

Gruden was on Mike & Mike this morning as the Vinny announcement came in. Gruden said, something about how great the Skins had performed over the last few games while giving a few tidbits gearing up for Monday night.:)

I would be happy with Allen and Gruden personally. I think Allen was hampered in Tampa by an owner who would not back him financially. I also think Gruden is the type of in your face coach that the current roster needs to get the best out of them.

We have talent (though we have holes for sure) - it just needs direction.

Gruden was on Mike & Mike this morning as the Vinny announcement came in. Gruden said, something about how great the Skins had performed over the last few games while giving a few tidbits gearing up for Monday night.:)

I think Gruden wants in, just wants a good situation. But if Allen came in, I'm sure Gruden could be persuaded!

I'm not going to speculate too much on who our coach is going to be at this point...

Let's see who our GM is first. Tons of different scenarios at this point, and yes, in my mind, some of them include Zorn as the head coach in the future...

Let's see what happens!

I'm not going to speculate too much on who our coach is going to be at this point...

Let's see who our GM is first. Tons of different scenarios at this point, and yes, in my mind, some of them include Zorn as the head coach in the future...

Let's see what happens!

I agree. Let's see who the GM is first before we worry about coaches. The coach greatly depends on who the new GM will be.

Archived